Beginners - January 2013 (Page 23)

by jaded7
function template typechecking

Hi, suppose I have a function template. This function is intended for use on any integral (signed or unsigned) or floating point value, being passed by value or...
[1 reply] : Could you perhaps share your solution, so others may learn? (by jlb)
seekg()

what can this line mean: fil.seekg(-1*sizeof(obj),ios::current)
[4 replies] Last: sizeof(obj) gets the size in bytes of obj. A positive value means m... (by Chervil)
easy problem, but im a very beginner

first of all, im german so excuse my mistakes, if there are any :) so i got to write a code where the user can put in grades, and the program can tell you th...
[2 replies] Last: You can use an array of integers. For example const int N = 6; int g... (by vlad from moscow)
Class member function / member variables

Hi :) My question is what kind of method should i use for changing my membervariables in memberfunctions. So far theres 3 different methods that are same, so...
[2 replies] Last: They are equivalent. There is no need to specify this or number:: in y... (by vlad from moscow)
by MH4
Pointer Array?

Hi guys. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong. this is in my header file #define MAX_ENEMY_SCOUT 3 CEnemy* Enemy_Scouts ; this is in my cpp file Enem...
[5 replies] Last: Haha thanks I solved it already but I forgot to post it here. But yeah... (by MH4)
error c2447

I am very new to c++ and I am teaching myself functions. My code comes up with a an error: error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)...
[4 replies] Last: 1) Do not hijack other people threads. 2) Answer to your problem are a... (by MiiNiPaa)
Question about Visual C++ and MS Compiler

Hey guys I want to ask something. I'm currently using MS Visual Studio - the free version.I noticed that when i make a project it has a dropdown menu which Fram...
[1 reply] : I have not used the free version of Visual Studio, but if you are usin... (by modoran)
working with strings / input char validation

I just found a function that one of my former professors made for us to use in class and I did not understand a line and what it does. I haven't had this profes...
[2 replies] Last: This might help: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/oper... (by monad)
Star Pyramid Reverse

hello every one . I am new to programming can any one help me making star pyramid in reverse order . i.e it will look something like this.... ***...
[1 reply] : This might help for outputting the asterisks: http://www.cplusplus.com... (by monad)
Vectors & Paragraph Iteration

Hi everybody, I have a question that I am trying to work through. I have just started learning iteration and have encountered a problem. The question asks...
[8 replies] Last: Although I have certainly learnt something new that will really help, ... (by somestring)
whats the difference?

case 1: void Being::showname(Being& B) { cout<<"Name: "<<GetName()<<endl; } case 2: void Being::showname(Being& B) { cout<<"Name: "<<B.Name;<<endl; } ...
[4 replies] Last: thank you (by imgregduh)
How Do I Do A Bucket Sort?

Alright, so I have an assignment and this is what needs to be done. a) Place each value of the one-dimensional array into a row of the bucket array based on ...
[no replies]
Begginer Programming

Hello Anyone, I have the following homework question and was wondering if I could get some help on it. I am very new to programming as this is my first class...
[5 replies] Last: Some of that i haven't finished. I'm working on that part now and will... (by jschmal)
Stacks Push and Pop

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class Stack { public: Stack(); void Push(int stack ,int pushnumber); void Pop(int stack ,int popnumber); int top...
[6 replies] Last: Your first error: (did you forget a ';'?) You have to end the class ... (by Lowest0ne)
2D Array index look up.

Is there a way to find the location of the data in a 2D array, if you know the information. for example: 0 1 2 3 4 5 0 a b c d e f 1 z x y w v ...
[2 replies] Last: I guess, I'm not sure what you are say. I would like to search array ... (by NormV1984)
New to C# coding

I have this code and realized that it has the same numbers as some other C# files i have, but never understood what the 6 and 7 meant.... class Net { ...
[4 replies] Last: oh, it is on this site where i am trying to learn c# coding. i guess i... (by newkid93)
need help figuring out what to do with this assignment (guessing game using functions)

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <ctime> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int levelSelect() { int level; cout << "what diff...
[4 replies] Last: Oh thanks :D could never figure it out and it wasn't given in lectures (by dustyroaty)
open GL issues

I have the open GL files but I can't find where I have to put them to be able to open them in visual studios.
[4 replies] Last: I don't know where I need to put the .dll and the .lib files to use th... (by zedidiah)
(I AM A NOOB) Multiplication problems

//A simple calculator only capable of multiplication. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int num1, num2 cout << "Please enter a n...
[2 replies] Last: vlad is right. And for the other part, int num1, num2 Make this ... (by modic)
comparing 3 arrays and store the common elements in another array

Hi i'm a beginner and i need help with this. The following does not work.Thanks for (int m=0; m < 10; m++) { for (int i=0; i < sizeof(array1); i++) ...
[5 replies] Last: Help please! I'm really stuck (by pablomirandavaliente)
January 2013 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 52
  Archived months: [dec2012] [feb2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.