Beginners - January 2012 (Page 40)

Arranging chars problem

Basically, I am trying to have employee names follow their net pay when it is arranged into ascending order. I was able to get the net pays in ascending order, ...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks a lot to all of those that helped. I managed to get it to work!... (by emets31)
Stuck on Program...

I am just starting off and very confused on how to create a specific program for class. Could ANYONE Please help? Thank you for any or all help! 1. WR...
[5 replies] Last: desperate* (spelled it wrong) (by Rodriguez2127)
STUPID QUESTION ~!

HELLO everybody .. i have a simple question about arrays i want to make the default values of arrays is{'*') i dont know how?? and when i change certain value...
[1 reply] : Filling a char array with asterisks is a simple task: char String... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by skew
wrong memory addressing?

Just for fun, I have written the following code: int i1 = 10; int i2 = 20; // ptrints the space between i1 and i2 cout << &i1 - &i2 << endl; // &i1 ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! (by skew)
face-detection by opencv

i am learning to program java for android with opencv. but i don't understand about lbpcascade_frontalface.xml file. how to write lbpcascade_frontalface.xml fil...
[2 replies] Last: You're in the wrong forum, Sonny-Jim. I'd either move this thread to t... (by closed account zb0S216C)
by miftil
HELP : hotel reservation program.

hi. i'm writing a HOTEL program as a college assignment and right now, i'm working on the function which assigns the different types of rooms to customers. t...
[6 replies] Last: I'll solve your main issue soon, but just another suggestion/question.... (by Caprico)
by Zarled
Replacing letters in a do-while loop

I need help with a fairly simple C++ program I'm working on (hangman). I'm using two different cases; the first case is where the word is defined by the person ...
[17 replies] Last: Can't thank you enough. This noob is very grateful! (by Zarled)
HELP 2D ARRAYS ...!

hello everybody ... i am trying to do a cinema reservation .. but i have problem with the seats ... this is my code for now #include <iostream> #incl...
[3 replies] Last: int main() { char rows = '*'; int cols = 0; char seatplan[ 5 ][ 5... (by Lynx876)
count from 0 to 255 and then from 255 to 0

Hello I have a problem and i have been trying to solve it but i can't. I have a game while loop and i have a varible called time which is set to 0. I want thi...
[5 replies] Last: @Stewbond thank you so much that workes perfectly. @fun2code opps how... (by Fantasy)
Drawing with if sentences

Im trying to figure out the exercise below: This question uses a 20x20 array of binary pixels as a canvas. Initially the canvas is white. We intend to draw d...
[5 replies] Last: @ Stewbond Im not really sure how to use a 2D array, when printing th... (by victorpax)
by Jothi
C++: Using a multiset?

multiset<myStruct> set1; multiset<myStruct>::iterator it; myStruct arr ; struct myStruct{ double amount; int count; } ; myStruct apple; apple.amount...
[1 reply] : multiset keeps the element sorted so it needs a way to compare two ele... (by Peter87)
Confused: New line for text

I am writing my first program and so I choose to make a calculator like program. But I don't know how to make text go on a seperate line. This is what I have...
[4 replies] Last: For a better understanding of why you need a newline character, do a l... (by ResidentBiscuit)
class function names (set and get)

Hi guys. Do you have to put set in front of the class function names if you set value in the function of a class to an object, or get to get a value from an...
[4 replies] Last: @mik2718, that is new to me. But, thank you for your input. (by radit91)
Finding the sum and average

Hello everyone! I am once again trying to figure out some issues I am having in trying to understand C++. I am trying to write a Program that will find the Sum ...
[16 replies] Last: Ok, I actually got that program fixed and it is up and running. I am w... (by emets31)
Constructed class in constructed class

Quick question. Suppose I have a class: class data { public: double x, y, z, blah; data (); }; with the constructor: data::data () { x = 0; y = ...
[2 replies] Last: would I need to construct moardata.x, moardata.y, etc if I wanted th... (by cpluplusrat)
Conditional Statement using Pointers

Hi all, Are there any disadvantages of using statements such as double *p; // // ... some manipulations on p // if(p){ } else{ } I have nev...
[7 replies] Last: Yes that is true. You could still have a problem. But if the pointer i... (by histrungalot)
Sleep();, but not for Windows?

I'm releasing a product soon, and I'd like for it to be availabe on Mac computers as well as Windows. However I don't know any code that does the same function ...
[6 replies] Last: In order to use the sleep function I've gotta have the unistd.h header... (by Lvl80RetPaladin)
Question with the operator overloading

// vectors: overloading operators example #include <iostream> using namespace std; class CVector { public: int x,y; CVector () {}; CVect...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you @stewbond and @eypos.. Now My doubt got cleared !! (by naveen pna)
Heap error

I am learning c++. I am learning about pointers, the free store and how to use it. At the end of this code i am trying to release memory used by the pointer pna...
[8 replies] Last: If you want to read a line of indeterminate length, there's already an... (by kbw)
What do I need to know???

Hello I am 13 years old and I wanted to learn C++. I haven't used any programming language before. I just wanted to know what i need to get like good books to l...
[1 reply] : I recommend Absolute C++ , C++ Primer Plus 5 th Edition and The C... (by closed account zb0S216C)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 3839404142... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.