Beginners - January 2012 (Page 39)

how to learn c++ language

hi, i am new in this programing how can i start c++ language i need some guidence
[19 replies] Last: All of this arguing went totally off topic of what the OP was asking..... (by kong288)
Win32 Console and Keyboard ?

Hi all I just want to know how can i make a like a moving game in win32 console ? Like when you hit Up Arrow to move to up or something like this ? For exam...
[7 replies] Last: Yes,i remove this and everything is works :) (by char250)
Segmentation Fault for some inputs

Hey, This is my first time posting. So here I go. In the code below, I have basically used BFS to implement a task. Now, it works for MOST of the inputs, but a...
[4 replies] Last: Ohk! I put a : delete arr; at the end of initializing the adj ar... (by vbhvggrwl)
Best GUI Program for MAC

HI all, I was wondering what would be the easiest to learn, free, GUI kit for mac. I have found many windows ones, but none for mac. Thanks!
[4 replies] Last: why not using QT? it has best documentation and is easy to build GUI ... (by codekiddy)
by dancks
objects declared in header file

I guess I should've been posting here all along. Anyway: I'm working on a game using an external game programming library (allegro) but I want to use an object ...
[1 reply] : you are using #endif directive twice but #ifndef only once that means... (by codekiddy)
how to display float decimal number below 0.

case '2': { printf ("\nPlease enter the value for N (number of complete cycles): "); scanf ("%f", &nVALUE); ...
[5 replies] Last: woot.. thank you. That was driving me nuts. yeah the actual answer i... (by forebode)
Help: use of “().” and “()[].”

Hello Everyone, I am trying to understand the programming of Siemens scanner using C++ and given that my C++ skills are limited, I am having problems in unde...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks a lot guys. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help... (by dkumar3)
string to double or float seems to be losing numbers

#include <tchar.h> #include <urlmon.h> #include <dos.h> #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <stdio.h> #include <time.h> ...
[9 replies] Last: that "-1.#ind" is a NaN (Not a Number) which means that the float valu... (by Texan40)
by Grax
Is there any different?

i was wondering the casting of below statement has any difference or not? double d = 3; int i = static_cast<int>(d); and double d = 3; int i =...
[7 replies] Last: it mean that both way are different? but how come it give same result... (by Cubbi)
Parsing date and outputting as date month and year

Hi, I'm very new to c++ and have the following small program: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { string dob; cout <...
[2 replies] Last: Woo, ok thanks that works :) (by Jarob22)
Bjarne Strousup

So I've been looking for a good C++ book to get. I've read through an intro C++ book (Got through the basics of inheritance and polymorphism), and taken 2 C++ c...
[5 replies] Last: From the back cover: This popular tutorial introduction to standard C... (by closed account 1vRz3TCk)
by fellow
problem with inheritance

Hi! I don't know how I should go on to create two subclasses "TV" and "Fridge". Edevice is the superclass. Each Edevice has a state "On" or "Off" and can be...
[1 reply] : Inheritance in it's core is pretty simple. The syntax for inheriting ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Using a dynamic lib

How can i link Dynamic libs to my project? I created a dynamic lib (hello.dll) compiled from the file: int hello() { 1; } and then i tried to li...
[3 replies] Last: Are there any good articles on the subject of .def creation? I tried ... (by ShiroAisu)
Random numbers

Hi, I am somewhat new with C++. I take a semester a year ago and now I am just reviewing my text book. I did this project and looks fine and runs. But the r...
[2 replies] Last: Read the manpages and it will state rand() function works hand in hand... (by sohguanh)
Integer validation

Is there a quick and easy way to validate or not allow a user to input anythign other than an int? example: cout << "Enter your 3 test scores and I will ave...
[10 replies] Last: My code checks for the extra garbage with !(convert >> str_number) . ... (by Cuddlebuddie928)
Increasing Scope help?

Is there any way possible to increase scope? As in the following example? int a = 5 ; if ( a == 5 ) a = 6; cout << a ; Is there any way possible that...
[18 replies] Last: Thank you for cooperating with me through this whole topic. I'm a c++... (by kingsman142)
incrementing inexplicably?

Hi there. I recently tried to program a short text-based version of your generic point and click adventure. I thought I had everything running smoothly, but unf...
[11 replies] Last: Defining an NDEBUG macro and using assert works well. You're right an... (by ascii)
by miftil
HELP : change the array in a function.

hi. i'm writing a hotel room reservation program and i'm having some problems. i have declared 5 arrays with the type of bool and set all of them to FALSE. ...
[3 replies] Last: First, your array initialization lists are unnecessary. Simply doing t... (by closed account zb0S216C)
Using ifstream with variables

Hi Programmers, I am creating an encryption program that encrypts whatever word doc you want. However, ifstream seems to only take constants (or does it?) I...
[2 replies] Last: cout << "Wow thanks for the quick reply and useful information!!!" << ... (by alphawolf7)
Scripting with C++

Hi, So I was wondering what a scripting language can do for a C++ program. I have no idea how it could be helpful. Can you make some functions in a C++ prog...
[2 replies] Last: Bump! Really need help on this! (by kong288)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 3738394041... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.