Beginners - January 2012 (Page 29)

Help on read file!!

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <stdlib.h> #include <cstring> #include <sstream> #include <vector> using namespace std...
[7 replies] Last: a. let from = the position of the first "] " in the line http://ww... (by JLBorges)
My final exam is two hours away, please help..

#include<iostream> using namespace std; char* int2str(int a) { int i=0; char s ; while(a/10!=0){ s =(char)(a%10); a=a/10; i++; } return s...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you so much!. Exam's in 45 minutes, wish me luck!!.. Object or... (by BlueTea)
Binary files

Hello, When would you use a binary file as opposed to a text file? Why do you return -1 if a file cannot be opened? Also, if you are working with a binary ...
[3 replies] Last: 1) Binary files can store the same data in less space than text file... (by Catfish)
Where is <unistd.h> ?

I need to download the header file <unistd.h>. I cannot find one on the internet, also I copy and pasted code from here into a new header file I named unistd.h ...
[9 replies] Last: I still don't understand. (by Lvl80RetPaladin)
Computer guesses number

I needed to write a program to ask the user to think of a number between 1 and 100, then the computer would guess until the correct number was found... This is ...
[4 replies] Last: I just wrote this program up a couple months ago. You actually don't n... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by jebard
Help on Classes

[16 replies] Last: No one starts counting at 0! What is the point of that? I'm not saying... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Getting two classes to use the other one's methods

I want to set up 2 classes. Each class needs to be able to call methods from the other class. What I tried first is this: In the header of each class, I incl...
[3 replies] Last: I'm trying to make an animation where the next frame or step is update... (by Croolsby)
Books on a shelf exercise

Hi, I got a C++ exercise for school and I got to a point where I can't figure out how to make it work (it's not that I can't solve it in C++, but I haven't figu...
[1 reply] : This, my friend, is a slightly simplified knapsack problem. http://en... (by Moschops)
Random, non-repeating vector

I am making a Flash Card program and i am includeing a shuffling feature. When the user presses Space, the program will create a vector with a list of random n...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you. (by IWishIKnew)
Password Confirmation Code

I've been trying to set up a kind of password confirmation code for fun. Containing strings and conditions. And I can only imagine this has 1001 errors that you...
[1 reply] : Why you have posted 2 same posts? You can use edit to edit your posts ... (by eypros)
Help with a simple menu system

I am new to programming and need help at probably the easiest bit of my project. my assignment is to create a blackjack game, however it is with menu system i ...
[3 replies] Last: @Rory Ayres Here is a small Factorial program, that uses the switch s... (by whitenite1)
how to write wchar_t in file

Hi everyone, i have array of wchar_t elements, which i want to write to file, but when I try to write, in file it only appear decimal value for each letter, so ...
[5 replies] Last: when letter isn't ASCII it stop writing to file (by devetslova)
by Khoi
Help with this

Identify and correct the errors in each of the following statements. (Note: There may be more than one error per statement.) a) scanf( "d", value ); b) print...
[1 reply] : Please don't post your homework questions, you should do them yourself... (by Wisely Done)
Beginners Quiz

Hello, I'm working on a little quiz program for fun and practice. Now I've come across a slight hinder.....as it's a quiz with multiple answers I need the pro...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks again, very helpfull :) (by monkeyboy)
by Skico
iostream->fstream

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/ According to diagram on page above, fstream is part of iostream (or something like that). Does that mean there is ...
[5 replies] Last: > iostream does not enable you to manipulate files in the way that fst... (by JLBorges)
help with constants!

i've tried practically anything and everything, adding and removing semi-colons, setting the value to int, setting it to float, removing it in and it of the dam...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> using names... (by Lynx876)
little problem

hello everyone im new here in forums i write a small function which call system to execute a command the input is a ip address which will send a command to ipb...
[2 replies] Last: im using windows ipblocker.exe accepts commands like this example: i... (by jescolta)
C vs C++

What are the decisive advantages of C++ over C of computational engineers? I can think of 1. polymorphism, virtual functions as a decisive advantage which p...
[2 replies] Last: C++ is a direct descendant of C that retains almost all of C as a sub... (by JLBorges)
2d array help

I have found many topics to learn sorting,searching of 1 d array in many of books but still could not find any topic about sorting and searching in 2D ARRAY.I a...
[5 replies] Last: ahaha nice pun :P Wrong place! I thought this was a different post ... (by Lynx876)
Where did my lines go?

Hello. I am currently searching for two missing lines. The code is this: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include "conio.h" #include "windows.h" ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by shooninjo)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 2728293031... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.