Beginners - January 2012 (Page 22)

Multi-Dimensional Array

Recently i've learned about pointer and array . i've tested some program and i have some problems . #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> void main() ...
[10 replies] Last: [quote=eypros]Name of arrays basically can't be used differently. You... (by Cubbi)
Never ending quest issue

How can I end this? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> using namespace std; int checkpoint = 0; void r_NorthClearing() { i...
[3 replies] Last: No, I mean in general What? but it doesn't end after the Eastern Pa... (by coder777)
by rtom40
New guy Needing help to execute in express 2010

Hi all I have a question I am trying to learn C++ and I am using C++ 6.0 I would like to use 2010 express but cant seem to get the code to compile/build/execute...
[8 replies] Last: yes... you do want to start a new project...name it... select the dest... (by mjmckechnie)
connected components of an undirected graph

i have written a program to find the connected components of an undirected graph with the concept of depth-first search..but there seems to be some problem as t...
[2 replies] Last: thanx..this helped :) made some changes to the program and now its wor... (by Himani Joshi)
left operand must be l-value

I get this error from the following code: Class obj1 ; Class obj2 ; obj2 = obj1; why do I get this error? isn't obj2 supposed to be a pointer? I mean ...
[4 replies] Last: That's a bit of a misleading message on the compiler's side. obj2 is... (by Cubbi)
by PLew88
HELP WITH RAND and FACTORIALS PLEASE

I am trying to create a simple menu where option 1, squares an integer, option 2 finds the factorial, option 3 gives you a random number and option 9 exits the ...
[3 replies] Last: True, but at 21! you have gone beyond the size of a 64-bit number. Ju... (by histrungalot)
Increment Operator on Char

I have a question about using the increment operator (++) on a char variable. Here is the code in question: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both for responding. Moschops: That definitely makes things... (by skyline01)
Prime Numbers

Not quite sure where my problem lies... I am still relatively new to programming. The code is supposed to determine if a number is prime or not. The problem is ...
[10 replies] Last: Here is my code check this may this help you // prime.cpp : Define... (by Maraj)
[beginner] - question about strstr()

Hi, I'm trying to learn C. But i have a problem with using the strstr(). For example source = "I know your name." find = "know" The problem is that ...
[3 replies] Last: @Peter87: Thank you! I always forget that! You solved my problem! :) (by Castelmagno)
code problem help needed

having difficulty with my code , the user is suppose to input a character and then move it , up , down , ;left and right using the keys : i,j,k,l on the keyboar...
[1 reply] : Why it's moving left, I'm not sure. It should move up, or whatever dir... (by ResidentBiscuit)
H

Hi I'm a 16 year old boy and I'm think of going to collage to do a computer science course so I thought I would do some research first. Now can someone please e...
[2 replies] Last: I'd get a book (by ResidentBiscuit)
ambiguous error ?!

Hello guys I have three classes. First is called Tiles, second is Map, Third is MiniMap. Now Map is inheriting from Tiles and MiniMap is inheriting from Map a...
[4 replies] Last: dump. (by Fantasy)
Windows is triggering a breakpoint in my program

I created a MFC Application and connect it with ODBC Database, but when I input data shows this message: " Windows is triggering a breakpoint in x.exe This may...
[no replies]
by ihato
Resizing an array?

int array ; //If I do this array =1; //Then this is invalid but what if I want to do it? How to resize the array to be larger? EDIT: wait a minute, ...
[1 reply] : You can't resize arrays. What you can do is having a dynamically alloc... (by Peter87)
by Quark
two versions of class-member function: with and without const

Hello, I have noticed that there are classes in the C++ Standard library which have member functions that have two versions - one with and another without c...
[2 replies] Last: > Since the parameter lists in these member functions are the same I d... (by JLBorges)
by lare26
Can't set actor values in function

Here is my main.cpp #include <iostream> #include <string> #include "actor.h" #include "LRPG_Functions.h" using namespace std; void setup_character(ac...
[2 replies] Last: They are just standard setter and getter member functions. They only s... (by lare26)
by manos
How to delete a non dynamic array

How can i delete a non dynamic array? i tried delete array ; but it's for dynamic arrays right? this is the code :/ static const int MAXSIZE=20; class c...
[9 replies] Last: so there isn't a way to delete it? Should i create and array in oneot... (by codekiddy)
by Maniax
How would you optimise this code?

Hello :) I'm trying to be more efficient when writing code so here's an extract. I feel like there's a simpler way to write this code but I'm not sure... What w...
[3 replies] Last: Efficiency: Memory: You don't need all of side, area diagonal, perime... (by mik2718)
Read the content of a file

I was wondering how to read the content of a file and output it in the console. I was trying to read it, but I can only get it to display the name of the fil...
[1 reply] : You can read the file line by line and print each line #include <iostr... (by Peter87)
by manos
How to compare chars at c++

Greetings everyone, I want to compare chars a c++ but i can't find how to do it. I tried ctrcmp but it's not for chars. (like "a" or "v") How can i do it? :/...
[7 replies] Last: thank you so much :) (by manos)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.