Beginners - January 2012 (Page 19)

IDE: Why should I use Projects?

I've made quite a few programs so far (a timer, checkbook, flash cards, Ballot, etc.). I use Code::Blocks but am not very experienced at using/making projects....
[13 replies] Last: I had no clue ... I could only have 1 int main() in a project until ... (by Moschops)
by tw3tye
Class function question

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class OneClass{ public: void setName(string a, string b){ a = b; ...
[2 replies] Last: No, you can't use the content of a string to specify the name of the v... (by bartoli)
array to string

Hey guys I'm trying to convert to array of integers to string. You can see the function that I have created below. It works for an array with all one digit ele...
[3 replies] Last: My bad; should have lifted the stream out of the loop. std::string ... (by JLBorges)
help with classes

heyo, im working on classes in c++. i get the OOP concepts and have programmed in c# but am having some trouble with c++, can someone show me some examples, pr...
[10 replies] Last: thx for all the help guys (by jpm61704)
by KyleSp
An Issue With Using Classes in my Program

I'm having a difficult time setting up classes in a text-based game I planned to make for myself. The point of this game is to build up with a few individual...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys! I fixed it and now I can continue on programming. :) (by KyleSp)
Problem Passing Array via pointer

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to pass arrays via pointers. I must have read a dozen different pages on how to do it, yet when I do it I keep...
[4 replies] Last: Awesome! Thanks again. (by jojo212)
Error

The error I am getting is on this line: check(message,new_message); message is a char array and new_message is a string. The error is: cannot conver...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Peter87, that worked. (by Windwhistles)
Segmentation Fault C Programming

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <time.h> #define UPBDECK 52 #define LWBDECK 1 #define FALSE 0 #define TRUE 1 typedef struct {int pipval; char...
[5 replies] Last: Out of bounds. You keep on doing new += 13; the fault only appear w... (by ne555)
[C++] - sets and operations on them

Hello, I have struggled with C++ for a few years now, and would like to finally have it covered on my classes. The problem is my skills are still very weak. ...
[4 replies] Last: Hello, Sorry about that. At the moment there are three issues that ar... (by wrozansk)
Clear Screen Question

Hey guys. I'm new here, but I got a question regarding Bloodshed I'm using the screen ("cls") operator. It clears my screen, like I want it to, but I also have...
[11 replies] Last: Oh haha, I didn't even catch the typo. I just felt like conveying your... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Problems with rename()

So, upon trying to help someone else with their file renaming, I ran into an issue as well. Here's a link to the other thread http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/be...
[8 replies] Last: So if I open as fstream, it will not create the file if it doesnt exis... (by ResidentBiscuit)
inline

why do we actually use "inline" in a function? what are the benefits of using it?
[7 replies] Last: Yea it's more of a suggestion to the compiler. If the compiler deems t... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Rename File

Im trying to rename my file to the new name that the user has shown but i get a error. here is the code: int StoreDatabase() { string FileName; Letter...
[6 replies] Last: Alright so I did some messing around and asking around. Make sure your... (by ResidentBiscuit)
how to initialize arrays properly?

i have recently been struggling with arrays on my bloodshed dev-cpp compiler - according to Bjarne Stroustrups book, i should be able initialize arrays like thi...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, ok. thankyou, i feel silly (by Michael Thornton)
by skew
need help to understand const pointers

i just stumbled over the following article: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/const-correctness.html. unfortunately, the explanations are not so well-detail...
[2 replies] Last: Well I don't know the article but there are many articles over the net... (by eypros)
Execution

Hey I am a new user of C++ and I don't know how to execute (run) the program. I need help.
[3 replies] Last: try pressing from F2 to F12 when in edit mode :D (by codekiddy)
by tomd2
Registering when [SHIFT] is pressed/released

hi everyone! just started learning c++ a few days ago and have already written 3 or so small programs but i cant seem to find a way around this issue... basica...
[6 replies] Last: ok thanks ill take a look at the link you posted aswell as try the cod... (by tomd2)
by Zeph78
Question on 2 topics of c++

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to know if someone could help me with these 2 questions because they seem to be bugging me and slowing me dow...
[1 reply] : > do I really need Linked lists if I want to program games? You would... (by JLBorges)
Are pointers just silly?

I understand that pointers store a 0x number that is the location to another point in memory. You can store the &address of something and use the *data pointed ...
[11 replies] Last: Moschops, ahahahhhaahahh (by codekiddy)
I am producing an infinite loop and not sure why?

I just want it to run the program until its told not to, but once i hit the bottom I go into an infinite loop. It seems that I am retaining the gcout value but...
[2 replies] Last: I see that. I had it originally without a string or str.clear(); ch... (by tempneff)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.