Beginners - January 2012 (Page 15)

by Estvan
Program not running correct but no errors

Hello, I am new to this site and new to C++. I failed a homework assignment because my program is not working properly. I dont think there is any reason for me ...
[4 replies] Last: peter87 and shacktar thanks a ton for showing me where i was having tr... (by Estvan)
Finding a specific line from text file

Hey guys im trying to find a specific line or word from a text file and i cant seem to figure out how to do that. Now i want to find the destination from a text...
[11 replies] Last: That worked pretty well thanks. Now i get how to use the find function... (by Pip3mAn)
by hailey
Stuck on this two dimensional array.

I am new to this site, but I am really stuck on this problem. I tried looking at other forums and through my book and for some reason just can wrap my mind arou...
[2 replies] Last: okay, thats what I decided to do. Can you help me with the array part?... (by hailey)
Using Functions(Too few arguments error)

Here is my code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; char wait4User; void duplicate(int& a, int& b, int& c) { a = a * 2; b = b * ...
[8 replies] Last: It works completely now though with the changes I made and what I put ... (by xdflames)
by kapo
project euler problem 1

// problem1.cpp /* If we list all the natural numbers below 10 that are multiples of 3 or 5, we get 3, 5, 6 and 9. The sum of these multiples is 23. Find t...
[7 replies] Last: I'm in an intro class this semester but I way beyond it now. I just ... (by StanEEPhys)
what makes C++ work?

I wonder what exactly makes C++ work - high math formulae, or another language? ? What does it look like? Is it open to users? Thank you.
[7 replies] Last: Relating to the link, computers originally weren't binary based. They ... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by ipoood
Error in Grading Program

Hi I'm writing this program for my Computer Science class that takes in the user's grades(Two quizes, a Midterm, and a Final), averages them, and outputs the nu...
[3 replies] Last: I think this is the same mistake as in previous case: you mixing addre... (by tfityo)
Arrays in numerical computing

Hi, To date, I have done a fair amount of numerical computing (mostly numerical solutions to ODEs/PDEs) in Matlab. I'm now taking a course where the professo...
[1 reply] : Read up on Vectors: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/stl/vector/ "... (by Matt Cromer)
strtok

#include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; int main() { string new_sentence; char sentence ,*p; cout<<"Write a sent...
[2 replies] Last: How did I forget! Thanks again Peter87. (by Windwhistles)
[fstream] Writing to C:\

How can I make my program able to create/write to files on C:\ ? except running it as admin (or any way on how to run it as admin without asking or something?)
[1 reply] : You can change the permissions on the directory to give you account ac... (by kbw)
rand issues

I am having a bit of trouble with some code I have recently written. It runs without errors right now, but it needs to do a few more things that i have yet to f...
[7 replies] Last: Can someone try to help explain it a bit further? especially the ro... (by Disch)
Works in Dev C but not in VC++

Basically Im just beginnig on learning on how to program. I have this piece of code that works on Dev C but does not work on Visual C++ 2010. I would like to kn...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. How dumb of me. (by znerich)
by hekri
My code has no mistakes(I think) but it still doesn't work as it should!

I'm a beginner so maybe I'm asking a dumb question but i can't sort it out so if you could help me a little it would be nice. Thanks in advance. I was writi...
[5 replies] Last: @ andywestken. Thank you, like it seems I really can learn something h... (by hekri)
Troubles with switch case in one program

Hello, i have to make a program which calculates triangle volume and surface but the problem is that i have to use switch case to do it: program should look lik...
[1 reply] : switch(var) // var is char,short,int or long { case 12: ... (by Texan40)
Reading List of Numbers into an Array using cin?

For some reason I am having some trouble reading a list of numbers using cin into an array, using -1 to indicate I am done. For example, the program will promp...
[1 reply] : Duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/60078/ -Albatr... (by Albatross)
Forcing nested try/catch to catch outer exception?

Hello all, Assume we have a nested try/catch like following: try { try { ... } catch { ... } ... } catch { ... } If the...
[1 reply] : Do another throw: try { try { } catch(...) { ... (by Disch)
randomizing error. help please

void randomize_deck() { int rand1, rand2; card holder; card holder2; srand ( time(NULL) ); /* initialize random seed:...
[2 replies] Last: Also you're only swapping str_rank. Why not just swap the entire card... (by Disch)
beginer

please friends, am new to learning c++ and iwan to know the effective way of learning the language. Please any help should be sent to bartowsky12@gmail.com and ...
[1 reply] : Go through the tutorials and practice practice practice little algorit... (by Stewbond)
by lelre
C++ In game, I'm in doubt :/

Hello, I need some help or advice, I'm studying "Information systems technician" and I need to do something useful to deliver it after the closing day of the co...
[1 reply] : finishing the response would be helpful. if its that c++ is really in ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
Learning Java

Okay, so I just started learning Java, and I'm practicing basic logic by doing problems of ProjectEuler (http://projecteuler.net/about), and I need some suggest...
[15 replies] Last: hamsterman, that was brilliant.. Took less than a second to give me th... (by Caprico)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.