Beginners - January 2012 (Page 10)

this function causes the application to shut down

bool is_card_suit(string next_char) { for(int i=0; i<NUMBER_OF_SUITS; i++) { if(SUITS ==next_char); ...
[10 replies] Last: I didn't have a full study on your program, but I think that the probl... (by Jessy V)
No type large enough?

So, I'm actually working through these project euler things cause im bored. Anyways, ran into a problem where I need to find the large prime factor of a number,...
[10 replies] Last: Hmm, maybe cl has a larger long long? I'll give a look at my VS and se... (by ResidentBiscuit)
How to write a destructor for this class?

class foo{ public: foo(int i); //creates a vector of size i ~foo); private: vector<int> vec; } foo::foo(int i){ vec.assign(i, 0); } foo::~...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks Disch. That makes it clearer. (by NGambit)
Fibonacci Sequence

Ok so I just can't wrap my head around a way to do this. I've been sitting here for awhile and I'm stuck
[6 replies] Last: Now that we're on the topic of primes... http://www.cplusplus.com/foru... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Calling VBA macro from C++

How can i use Office Automation Using Visual C++ to call a macro within excel?
[no replies]
Using a class in another class

Hi I want to use CPLEX library in c++. The variables of this library can not be defined as poitners (because it does not work so). Therefore, I had to define...
[no replies]
Help?

#include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { cout << "Hi! Do you want to take ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks alot! (by closed account iNU7ko23)
Number of elements in array - needs to be constant?

Hi all, I'm reading the C++ language tutorial, and I noticed that the author insists on the idea that the difference between arrays and dynamic memory is tha...
[3 replies] Last: if you're using gcc, use the commandline argument -pedantic or, to w... (by Cubbi)
outputting two getline'd strings

I'm having a problem with my program, I can't get it to output properly when I use getline() to input two strings to my program then try to output them, its no...
[2 replies] Last: P_array .name works. if I seperate the code into for (int y=0;y < P... (by Smooth23)
including header + inheritance

Dear Friends Hi I have defined to classes : Parent and Child. I have some global variables in a header file named as "var.h". These variables are used in bo...
[2 replies] Last: A simple #ifndef will not solve the problem here The problem is tha... (by Disch)
Multi-dimensional functions?

Hello, I am a C++ newbie, and i'd like to know whether one can use arrays to define a multidimensional function (really, a multidimensional procedure). To...
[4 replies] Last: Ah I ninja'd! (by ResidentBiscuit)
Why oh why did my count down effect stop working!

I have an ending message that is supposed to countdown from 3 to 1 then display an file. The count was working fine with good timing, I optimized everything but...
[2 replies] Last: yeah thanks. I pasted it to a new file and it works. weird. (by tempneff)
How to draw colored figure on monochrome bitmap (C++ Builder)

Dear people, please help with one problem solution! THE TASK: draw a colored figure (say, a line) over monochrome image loaded from file. I cannot invent nothin...
[no replies]
Debug error, I don't have a clue what it means...

This is the error I get when I try to run a program of mine: In __cxa_throw () () the application (.exe) just stops and the debugger spits this out... ...
[2 replies] Last: What part do you request: - File handleing (includes a vector which ma... (by IWishIKnew)
Date as string

I am trying to get the current date and use that as a string for the filename. So it would be like .... 20120126 Reconciliation.csv....but i am having problem s...
[8 replies] Last: Great it works!Thanks. (by yoitsmejy)
From darkBasicPro to c++...

Hi! I "programmed" CoolBasic and DarkBasic very looong time and I was very good in those. But then at some Finnish forum someone said that DarkBasic, CoolBa...
[1 reply] : Not sure what their definition of a programming language is then. BASI... (by ResidentBiscuit)
Reading financial data from Yahoo!Finance

Hi, I'm trying to use c++ to read in financial data (OPEN, CLOSE) of a set of stocks in Yahoo! Finance into an array. I know how to do this in VB, but haven'...
[no replies]
by kw1991
need help hash tables

i need to make a hash table using Open Addressing & Linear Probing but i pretty much have no information on it. is there some website or books that would help e...
[4 replies] Last: The functions/code are the key to hashing. It's impossible to properly... (by Gaminic)
How does this code works?

main() { char thought ={"Don't walk in front of me..", "I may not follow"}; printf("%c%c", *(thought +9), *(*(thought+0)+5); } I couldn't understand line2...
[9 replies] Last: whoops @ Gaminic. You're right. (by Disch)
Print Month Program

Hello guys. I am new to C++ and I am trying to make a program that will print out some random months by using a function. I have the main written, but I need ...
[3 replies] Last: > I am having trouble setting up the second array. Isn't it very much... (by JLBorges)
January 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 48
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.