Beginners - February 2019 (Page 16)

What is going on here? 2048

I have made a function called game_over which returns a boolean based on whether a grid representing a 2048 game is in a game over situation. If it is it return...
[8 replies] Last: That's what mbozzi meant with his post, too. :-) (by dutch)
Problem with while loop

Hello! So i'm working on a program assignment that requires me to figure out how many plants a florist sells in one day based on the temperature outside (I hav...
[1 reply] : You need to initialize tempOutside to a non-zero value. If you don't i... (by dutch)
Trying to call String Array, with data taken from a file ,into a Function

For a class assignment we are to take the roman numerals from 1-20 (I-XX) and place them in an array. We are then supposed to create a function that asks the us...
[2 replies] Last: Since you want romanNumerals to be the string representation of i, yo... (by dhayden)
standard constructor pointer to nullptr?

Greetings, a short question: If I have a class with a pointer as a member and I call the standard constructor: Will the pointer be initialized to the nullpoint...
[6 replies] Last: Also, if you're using a pointer, you should ask yourself "who owns the... (by dhayden)
I Have a C++ Assignment I need help with. Please advise.

Write your question here. Write a C++ program that the Traffic Department can use when the owner of a car pays all his outstanding road fines. The Traffic D...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for your help. But how would that else statement loo... (by Elandre)
Explain c++ code

Hello, i am not a c++ developer but i need to convert a short c++ script to python. I think this code takes a checksum of a file and creates a dsa signature wit...
[6 replies] Last: thats the first step, then it takes the hash and runs dsa on it. Its... (by jonnin)
Error searching

Hi, i want to make a program that can search multiple text file. I am still learning. If i enter any words, it will output which text file, and also line, posit...
[2 replies] Last: Hai I change my code and make one function for search. but i just want... (by closed account iN8poG1T)
Error: lvalue required as increment operand

I'm receiving error: lvalue required as increment operand. Error: Project1.cpp:131:37: error: lvalue required as increment operand for (unsigned i...
[3 replies] Last: Andy / Lastchance .. thank you for your input. (by thishas)
string search

Hi, i have a problem that i can't figure out on my own. How to check in string if first or second character is for example small letter or "." and then the pro...
[1 reply] : string s = ".a more words"; if(s == '.' || (s >= 'a' && s <= 'z') ... (by jonnin)
by Bopaki
error: 'NO_OF_REGIONS' was not declared in this scope

I get these errors when compiling my program error: 'NO_OF_REGIONS' was not declared in this scope C:\Martin\MalikChapter3\newAssignOper\MalikChapter10\Ele...
[1 reply] : NO_OF_REGIONS What is it? Is it an int? Is if a double? What value ... (by Repeater)
Assigning values not working

I need to make a program that will determine an odd or even number and when I try to assign a value to "int o" or "int e" it says o and e are "uninitialized loc...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you even need e or o? Why not something like: int main() { ... (by jlb)
Explain me the question MAGICJAR

It has been said in the question that the minimum jar should be so that all junior chefs make their dishes. According to me, the minimum number of J should be M...
[3 replies] Last: Your answer only works if the junior chefs cooperate. > The junior ch... (by salem c)
by az1234
pushing/copying/placing a string into an integer array

Hi, I know there are a million different answers on how to do them and I've tried them all but they don't seem to be working. Basically, what I need help with i...
[7 replies] Last: The subtracting 0 part I put in because in the other forums I looked ... (by H00G0)
Collecting Like Numbers in an Array

I have a bool function with an array where I am trying to find a pair of matching values. These values can be any where in the array, so as long as there are tw...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for the feed back. I appreciate it! (by stoneJax)
Initialization of 2D Array.

Dear friends In my code I am initializing the value of bottom wall and top wall as shown in the code. But the compile is applying the later value to both the w...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks guys. (by usmannazir)
by cash
sin function

Why isn't my program outputting the correct sin value? #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { doub...
[3 replies] Last: x - x^3/3! + x^5/5! - x^7/7!+ ... - Use a more accurate value of pi. ... (by lastchance)
by roselp
Loop error

Hello I am having difficulty with my loop. I am very new 5 weeks into class. This program asks a users amount of days worked, and doubles the pay starting with...
[2 replies] Last: Surrounding the initial codes in tags for better readability for all w... (by mpark4656)
Memory Game

So i've been trying to piece together a memory game with the goal of using one array called symbols(ive changed the elements to integers instead) and one is a m...
[4 replies] Last: Ok so here'es my new code with new problems... The problem is, after i... (by Lunchbox)
Exercise to test self C++ comprehension

Hi! Currently I'm doing exercises in the style "what does this program print?" in order to test if I understood correctly how things work in C++. I have 2 dou...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for answering @dutch! In the exercise I can't modify the c... (by cppStudent012)
Won't count number of vowels

Program runs but does not count the number of vowels. #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; bool isVowel(char x); int m...
[4 replies] Last: Greatly appreciated. Thanks (by ames1951)
February 2019 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 23
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.