Beginners - February 2019 (Page 15)

by kanken
Guess It Right

is it mandatory to make a guess in the last move?
[2 replies] Last: in third test case in second chance if we guess instead of remove box ... (by rickey1498)
Using a recursive function to print array backwards

Im currently attempting to write some code that converts a decimal number into binary and the use a recursive function to print the contents of an array backwar...
[1 reply] : Your output is correct. 4 is "100" in binary. You can have any numb... (by Duthomhas)
by vysero
pointers and const

I am confused by this variable: const char *const amplifierGPIO = "/sys/class/gpio/gpio107/value"; What does it mean to have *const? Is amplifierGPIO a poin...
[3 replies] Last: It doesn't matter in which order you put the words that are on the rig... (by Peter87)
Is there a list of already used varible name

I love using the for loop , for (int I_1 = 0; I < a; I++) and I even name the varibles with I_1, I_2, I_3 so I only need to check the last varible to name the ...
[10 replies] Last: @jonnin, Peter87 and lastchance, Thanks for the input. Back in the d... (by Handy Andy)
Debug Visual Studio 2107 C++ program error

Can't get VS to compile simple hello world. Project created as desktop folder Demo1(Desktop\c++\demo1\demo.cpp Code: #include <iostream> using namespa...
[3 replies] Last: Hello max4949, I tried to duplicate your problem, alas could not. Yo... (by Handy Andy)
For loop runs once and ends program prematurely.

Hey all, this is my first post on this forum so if i'm writing this question wrong or something simple please let me know! Basically i am writing a code for an ...
[4 replies] Last: imax=(maxTL-10)/8; maxTL is read from the user. what did you type in... (by jonnin)
by vysero
Reading GPIO value using ofstream

I would like to know if it is possible to read a GPIO value using ofstream. Or maybe I wouldn't have to use ofstream? I know how to set a GPIO value: const ch...
[2 replies] Last: @Ganado Ah I see, awesome thank you! (by vysero)
by obeeey
Prime numbers - fermat's theorem

Hi ;) I wanted to write a program which would tell "YES" if an input number was prime, and "NO" if it wasn't. Fermat’s Little Theorem: If n is a prime num...
[7 replies] Last: Another advantage of using "repeated multiply ... modulo p" over the p... (by lastchance)
need help interpreting error message

Microsoft must have held an internal contest to see how difficult they could make an error message to decipher. I'm getting this message, and it's not helpful....
[3 replies] Last: Hello Daveburton, One thing I have found with the VS error messages a... (by Handy Andy)
Please help me

studentCJ (1) Hi I am doing the RECURSIVELY FINDING PATHS THROUGH A MAZE project but I got a problem here. I try to read a file to a 2D char array but it...
[7 replies] Last: Like I said, use getline() to read the maze data. #include <fstream> ... (by dhayden)
Reading file into 2D char array error.

I have a file that contains several records of the same size, all in order. I am able to read in the data into a single char array multiple times, but cannot se...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, that fixed the problem! I forgot about overloading the stack l... (by closed account Ezyq4iN6)
Problems with Pointers

In my code I'm trying to change the ship object variable into a pointer variable. The ship variable in main originally looked like the asteroid variable above i...
[7 replies] Last: And don't forget 'delete' after Actually I would prefer the use of s... (by jlb)
Delete

Delete
[3 replies] Last: std::stoi() might throw. Here some hints: #include <cstdlib> #inc... (by Enoizat)
by Horror
I don't know what to do.

My teacher assigned the class a lab, and I don't know what to do. To be more specific, I don't how to setup the calculation formula. The instructions are: Prob...
[6 replies] Last: Hello Horror, Yes except that you lines are out of order. You need to... (by Handy Andy)
error: invalid types ‘unsigned int[unsigned int]’ for array subscript

Why am I getting invalid type on Project1.cpp:139:32: error: invalid types ‘unsigned int[unsigned int]’ for array subscript os << Mon[month(da...
[6 replies] Last: Hello thishas, Reefer to post http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner... (by Handy Andy)
My program keep showing me the message 1951951802

my problem was to slove the ecuation (a+b+c)/(a+c)-(1/a) and my code is #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a, b, c, ex; co...
[3 replies] Last: else ex==((a+b+c)/(a+c))-(1/a); should be else ex=(... (by lastchance)
Search word in more than one text file

Hi, is anyone know how to search two text file and the output will be - show which text file - line number - the word itself currently what i did is i nee...
[1 reply] : In other words, you are writing a simple variant of findstr | grep. ht... (by keskiverto)
Recursive maze solving

Hi, I finished my code but the output result does not look right. I can not find my problem, Can anyone help me? #include <fstream> #include <iostrea...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, sorry for not clear words. The program should output the path but ... (by studentCJ)
Extract multiple text file in one program

Hi, is it possible if i want to extract multiple text file in one program and append it to the existing text file? Here, i only know to read one file, i want it...
[11 replies] Last: here my code is. Okay the instruction is 1) I need to extract the tex... (by closed account iN8poG1T)
by libi
templates

Having some frustration here, attempting to define a templated function that accepts multiple data types, but Im doing something wrong with the template. Any he...
[1 reply] : Well since most of the problems are not template related I suggest you... (by jlb)
February 2019 Pages: 1... 1314151617... 23
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.