Beginners - February 2015 (Page 4)

Need help analyzing program

Hello everyone. My name is Slashdash, and I need your help! I've made a program which receives and sends information. It seems to run okay, but I'd like to ...
[3 replies] Last: Try out the static analyzer built in to clang, if you can. No matter w... (by LB)
Days interval

I got days interval from 9 to 17. Week started in 4 day (Thursday) I need to write a code which shows list of the days. For example 9- 5 10- 6 11- 7 ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you, dhayden! I did it. :) (by Lieberten)
Destructor randomly called.

I created two classes Student and List. And as soon as I try to add student obj to a list it calls destructor. I somewhere read that it might be because it can'...
[3 replies] Last: > I have third header file with contains list.h and list.cpp. When I d... (by JLBorges)
string is an array of characters ?

we all know that string variables are characters arrays , so while we can assign value to char array very simply by : char x ; x =48; but in stri...
[4 replies] Last: Thank You! (by YosofShihsbi)
Use of 'else if'

This is most likely very easy to solve. I am doing a piece of coding for my university coursework in C++. I've been working on this one piece of code for at ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow thank you so much ^.^ Worked like a charm. (by Vasukki)
character 2 dimensional array

Hello guys, as far as I understand im doing nothing wrong maybe I am :D why is this displaying weird lines instead of the letters X and O???? const int R...
[2 replies] Last: hehe o yes offcaorse my bad :/ thanks man (by sourcedesigns)
Beginners ORDERING SYSTEM QUERY!

Hi I Revised my code, here's the new one. I have some problems about this one, example. I just entered an invalid input on the question "What's your order?" but...
[3 replies] Last: Hi I just edited the topic. please do help me again sir. #include<co... (by Raii213)
Adding elements to a sorted array list with binary search

Im supposed to use binary to add to the list and keep it in order. Im not sure if im doing it right, but I cant seem to get it to add to the list at all. Any he...
[6 replies] Last: Got it thanks! (by megascruples)
Potential Projects Questions.

Just wanting an opinion from some of you Advanced Programmers out there on the difficulty of these projects for a Beginner and how much knowledge I'll need to a...
[1 reply] : > for a Beginner > Music Similarity Processor. Nearly impossible unl... (by MiiNiPaa)
Linked List, implementation at Nth node

I have to write a program which has the user be able to enter a specific value at a specific position of the linkedlist, replacing that node with the user defin...
[no replies]
Question!

How do I declare str=testCharacters? Line 17 #include <iostream> using namespace std; void askCharacter(char c); void testCharacter(char c); int main(){ c...
[2 replies] Last: ok thank you its working now! (by blitzz05)
Need help in this question

***I have already solved Option 1 and Option 2, can anybody help me with Option 3? Thank you. __________________________________________________________________...
[8 replies] Last: Never mind then, thank you anyway. (by iLoveProgramme)
by dagurr
Arrays in computing averages

Ok i am right now working on a homework due tonight and need some help in figuring out how to take my grade averages and make them put in average. The end prod...
[6 replies] Last: ok i solved it thanks for the help SOLVED! :) (by dagurr)
matrix multiplication problem

Hi. The problem is to create two matrices using vectors from the user in the main(). The user decides the size of the matrices as well as its values within it. ...
[2 replies] Last: That not only helped, it totally made the whole program run flawlessly... (by welcometomyworld)
Word counting progam - how to deal with multiple spaces between words?

I am new to programming, and one of our first assignments is to produce a program that counts the number of words and number of lines from a file. I have the w...
[1 reply] : If you use formatted input, you do not have to worry about this at all... (by LB)
by nomnum
CMATH trig/PI issues

Hey guys! Very simple, cout << cos(PI/2) << endl; Returns: 6.12323e-17 I have const double PI = 3.141592653589793238463; defined gl...
[12 replies] Last: Duoas On a personal level, ignoring someone's comment seems far mor... (by nomnum)
by Sgreen
Class and this, set manipulation

Hello, I have been working on a project that manipulates sets (unique elements within an array), and I am having issues with how to go about calling the two set...
[1 reply] : After much trial and error I found that I could do unorderedSetType ... (by Sgreen)
assigning a char pointer to string value using for loop

Ok, I'm a beginner, I'm trying to assign a char pointer to a string. using: for(int i=0;i<userin.length();i++) { *(...
[1 reply] : I don't see that code producing the problem you indicate. (Your code d... (by Duthomhas)
implemnting a backslash escape key

Im implementing the ability to read a backslash and allow the next character to be allowed in the string. But how would i do that, I'm kinda confused. This is w...
[no replies]
by Gams
Need help finding what a user would do with this code

What would a user do to view the words.txt file in the following code when it is run? #include <stdio.h> typedef struct { const char *fname; const...
[no replies]
February 2015 Pages: 123456... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.