Beginners - February 2015 (Page 31)

by asrebo
2 classes before function definition

what is the meaning of two types/classes before function name or is that something else? thanks LRESULT CALLBACK WindowProc(HWND hwnd, UINT uMsg, WPA...
[1 reply] : 'LRESULT' is a type cast to an otherwise obscure number. Microsoft doe... (by Computergeek01)
can't printf string variable

cout works fine with string array. Why not printf?? How to fix that? Thanks a lot. const string whatday ={"Sunday","Monday","Tueaday","Wednesday","Thursda...
[1 reply] : You can't use printf() to print a std::string because this C function ... (by jlb)
COPY CONSTRUCTOR

What is a copy constructor and when is it called?
[7 replies] Last: no, they are passed by whatever way you have specified in the prototy... (by dhayden)
the program runs straight through wont stop.

I just started learning language this year so I'm very new. i ran into a problem with this lottery program as apart my class assignment. i got the cin.get(ch) t...
[3 replies] Last: To ignore everything in current line you can do: #include <limits> //... (by MiiNiPaa)
Why does operator+ takes its left operand by copy rather than by const reference?

inline X operator+(X lhs, const X& rhs) { lhs += rhs; return lhs; } Why does operator+ takes its left operand by copy rather than by const reference?...
[8 replies] Last: You list all the member variables on line 12 and again on lines 16-17.... (by keskiverto)
What's happening with cin.getLinte()?

Hi, my name is Thiago May Bitencourt. I'm learning c++ based on book c++ primary Plush. I'm just a beginner trying to get some knowledge. I'm having problem...
[4 replies] Last: Ok... Thank you guys! (by mbitencourt)
what does program supposed to do?

I need to make a class that will work with this program and my question is i have the big five,and getchain do i need to define length or is it defined in sta...
[3 replies] Last: We have no way of helping you unless we know what Chain is and how i... (by LB)
Am i right How is my code ??

If error then highlighted #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; float temp,arr ,answer ; int faheem; void readdata() { shor...
[6 replies] Last: thnx @LB (by ahtisham557)
Sieve of Eratosthenes code problem

Good day. I am new at c++ and while doing an exercise about the Sieve of Eratosthenes i've met a problem. The code is written below. It isn't optimal but it...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you very much. It helped and I understood what I did wrong. (by Pauletto)
Need a loop to display nodes of a linked list

Hello, the objective of the code is to have 11 players in a linked list. I have to have the the console output a list of the players who have a certain position...
[3 replies] Last: Does this have to be a linked list, or have you been asked to do a col... (by dhayden)
by cibide
Can't find error

Guys, I am trying to find the largest prime of this huge number but I can't find the error on the code... pls help... #include <iostream> int main() ...
[3 replies] Last: Well, I think there's a problem with the logic, and it's one thing to ... (by tipaye)
improve it at will.

The purpose of this code is to use an array of pointers and one function that returns a pointer. Play with it at will. As is it outputs: this is a sentence! ...
[7 replies] Last: switching to ANSI C: int main() {return 0/printf("this is a sentence!... (by MiiNiPaa)
Help with FindPrime()

Hello i have this problem with my c++ code, the code dont find the primes.. And i have no idea why.. + im tired :S So litte help would be nice :) #include<...
[2 replies] Last: Ops.. Thanks LB! (by knatte1)
Variable storage

Is there any right way to store a collection of variables inside a class? The second is a little more complicated, but easily accessed in for loops. privat...
[1 reply] : Use a std::vector in general: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vec... (by LB)
Sorting data alphabetically from a input file

Hello! I am currently writing a program that takes last name, first name , pay rate, hours worked and calculates the tax and net pay. I have figured everything ...
[8 replies] Last: Is it out of the question for you to use vectors? In my classes, if yo... (by closed account 3R5fjE8b)
Head assignment test issues

Just posted this question in Unix/Linux Program forum, I was not sure which one I should post in as I am new to the forum. Thanks for your Patience. Hello, I...
[3 replies] Last: If the first argument always has to be -n , why can't you just chec... (by LB)
For vs Iterator

I'm attempting to understand a few concepts, and think i'm on the right track, but am looking for feedback if i'm right or wrong. As I understand it, auto is a ...
[3 replies] Last: yes. std::string has begin() and end as member functions, and string l... (by Cubbi)
Declare dynamically and pointer notation

Objective: To demonstrate your knowledge of using pointers of the built in data types. Solicit two numbers from the user, one whole number and one decimal n...
[3 replies] Last: I gave a link explaining why at the bottom of my post. (by LB)
by ace01
need help with my problem

I already done part a and i but i don't know how to do part M m. Write a C++ program that tests each of the C++ statements that you wrote in parts a ...
[1 reply] : It looks like you've already done it - what are you having trouble wit... (by LB)
Regular Expressions

So, I've heard a little about regular expressions and how powerful they are, but I am unsure of how to implement it. Could someone provide a sample piece of cod...
[2 replies] Last: That said, only very recent versions of major compilers actually sup... (by Duthomhas)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 2930313233... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.