Beginners - February 2015 (Page 28)

VERY long Syntax error

When compiling my source file on unix, im getting one VERRRRRRY long syntax error #include<iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; struct Date { ...
[2 replies] Last: @JLBorges Thank you!!! Wow no one else pointed that out last night and... (by leashbomb69)
Help with code accepting decimal as input

For my assignment I'm being asked to write a program that allows a user to input as many grades as they'd like and then calculate only the GPA of only valid ent...
[7 replies] Last: [quote=Instructor]My instructor indicated that no hard coding values w... (by TheIdeasMan)
HELP MonthDayYear

Whenever I run the program I get no errors yet it doesn't return a value for total it just exits the program. #include <iostream> using namespace std; in...
[1 reply] : Hi, First up please always use code tags - select your code and press... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Mr D
Read from file error

I'm trying to read 1 and 0's from text file, into bool variables, and set them as such, but keep getting an error. The value is read correctly from the file, bu...
[1 reply] : Figured it out lol. Forgot to finish a couple functions :P (by Mr D)
How would template member functions be instantiated when a template class is explicitly instantiated

When we explicitly instantiate a template class, the explicit instantiation would instantiate all its member functions, but what about template member functions...
[5 replies] Last: I got confused over definition and explicit instantiation. Thanks for ... (by glenjoker)
how to pass object to member function? - poker game

Hi im a beginner at c++ and i need help passing an object to a member function. For the poker game assignment, the first part was to write a program using the...
[7 replies] Last: Ahh, i get it now Texan40. Thanks. However, ended up turning in the a... (by seiyakun)
math not working

This is just an example of my questionnaire. I want to have each answer revised numerically which works as desired but when I go to use those same outputs in a ...
[3 replies] Last: Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Switching a and b to float did the tr... (by inktitan)
If and Else statements with char data types

What I'm trying to do is use an if and else statements to process a char data type. If one was to input any of the following: S, O, M; then the program would co...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, The way the compiler parses your statement: First, it evaluates ... (by TheIdeasMan)
Binary Conversion & Palindrome Check Function

Hi everyone. I don't really have access to a compiler or IDE right now, so I haven't tested it yet, but it looks like it would run okay. My job is to check if ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I finally ran it on ideone.com and I kept getting an error unt... (by AskIchthys)
Sad

No one giving me answer today, in fact my friends. :(
[2 replies] Last: Don't take it so harschly, it was valentine's day, so maybe not everyo... (by Gamer2015)
by Mr D
Class question

I'm attempting code a game where I will be using two-dimensional arrays in addition to a coordinate system to determine players position. When the player reache...
[3 replies] Last: Bump (by Mr D)
Not Sure how to fix error message

SO, the short of the program is to create a Point class with set/get and distanceTo functions. Then create a lineSegment class that will create Point objects an...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, that did it. I had to add 'const' after the function to mak... (by sulliaa8)
by kiri
can u delete old threads?

delete
[2 replies] Last: .. (by kiri)
sorting strings

How can I go about sorting an array of strings? Am I having trouble because in a way a string is kind of like an array? #include <iostream> #include "bubbleS...
[4 replies] Last: when I do that, the compiler tells me string wasn't declared in the sc... (by imissopenlayups)
math tutor program

This is my code for so far. How would i add a function to allow the user to select the type of math problem ( addition, subtraction , multiplication, division )...
[6 replies] Last: Something like: char chOperator; cout << "Enter an operator: "; ... (by AskIchthys)
by kiri
While with more than one string

I have a dat file and am trying to cout more than one string. Anyone have a clue? #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using name...
[4 replies] Last: Since you have one item per line and lines grouped into fours, you're ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Declare variables in a generated file

Hello I've got a question, how is it done to generate a new C++ file with the variables declared in another (main) C++ file? For example: I've got a C++ appli...
[12 replies] Last: So, I'll have the other program (B) in a variable in A? Yeah, that's ... (by Nielyboyken)
Exiting a program using a user input rather than killing it with ctrl+c

How would you kill a program using an input code? i have called the exit function but i don't know what i am doing wrong. the following is my code: #include <...
[1 reply] : It won't exit from your program just because you called it "exit", you... (by TheHardew)
Seal the matrix

i have to seal the matrix starting from the row where the sum of the elements is an even number for(i=0;i<n;i++) { s=0; for(j=0;j<k;j++) s+=p ; ...
[1 reply] : Try getting in contact with Neo, he knows a lot about the matrix. To m... (by Mr D)
Dynamic massive

What if after this int *p=new int ; I forget to write delete p; Will it harm my computer after a while, or will it delete itself after a while?
[5 replies] Last: Thank you (by programmer0)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.