Beginners - February 2015 (Page 26)

by Nillen
"const type" can't be an int

Just started with C++, no programming experience apart from working with mSL. My idea is to have user input select a file which will read the questions in their...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/ (by keskiverto)
String does not name a type

Hello, I think this is a fairly easy solution but I'm just missing something. I'm getting an error in my header file that says: 12:3 error: 'string' does n...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys! This helped fixed the errors. (by androidguy1)
Deconstructor issue!

I don't think my deconstructor is working properly the message in the deconstructor, to let the user know it worked properly, is not showing on my output, an...
[11 replies] Last: Actually the stack takes care of itself. You only ever need to delete... (by Texan40)
Magic Square help!

I have to write a program which checks the conditions of this specific 2D array: const int Size = 3; int a = { { 4, 9, 2 }, { 3, 5, 7 }, { 8, 1, 6 } }; ...
[5 replies] Last: Hasn't that been answered already? for( int x = 0; x != Size; ++... (by OxBADC0DE)
Doing Do-while loop

So I'm supposed to write a code that prompts a user to enter a number less than 100, until the user finally puts a number that is less than 100. Here is my c...
[3 replies] Last: But thank you though. (by calisabeth)
Can't figure out how to add space.

So the problem wants me to write code that gives me output like this: 0 *1 **2 ***3 There is a Blank Space Here. I keep getting the same output of: 0 ...
[3 replies] Last: Sorry guys. When I put my example in, I thought it would show the spa... (by calisabeth)
Deck was not declared in this scope problem

Hello, I'm trying to get my player1Hand function to work with my deck function so cards can be drawn from the deck and used in each player function. I'm not sur...
[3 replies] Last: You could declare the deck in main() and pass it by reference to deckF... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Recursion problem.

I've written the following recursive function. But when I give large value in it, it crushes. Why? How to fix it? #include <iostream> using namespace s...
[3 replies] Last: you can try following non-recursive function. #include <iostream> in... (by anup30)
Issues with Newton's Method

Hey Guys I have to write a Newton's Method program for a class I am in and I am running into some issues here. The program has to iterate through until x1 and ...
[1 reply] : What is the value of x1 on line 15 the first time through the loop? (by cire)
parameter packs not expanded with '...' ???

I tried to define this template function and the compiler generated a error saying "parameter packs not expanded with '...'." template<typename T, typena...
[4 replies] Last: Okay, I see. Thanks for your reply! (by glenjoker)
Starting out with C++ 7th edition- chapter 8 programming challenges #1

Hi, I'm trying to do challenge #1 from the programming challenges in chapter 8 the code complies but it's giving me some weird thing like this: Thread 1: EXC_...
[2 replies] Last: That worked thanks!. (by overlord49)
Yes/No by If/Else Char Response in C on Visual Studio 2013 Compiler

Hello this is my first post. I am taking an introduction to C class in my college and the assignment this week is to write a program to a classmate's yes/no sce...
[6 replies] Last: Magnificent! This cleared it up and it works perfectly now. Thank you ... (by airfire29)
by kiri
oo

[no replies]
Need Help using txt file.

i am trying to make a program that reads a username and password from a txt file then makes you log in and checks to see if the username && password are correc...
[no replies]
doubly linked list help!

HI,I doing the program for my college and I don't Know why show "segmentation fault , please if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it . this acti...
[no replies]
MenuBuilder: wont show the menu selection

Not understanding why the choice entered in the testMenus1 will not run through the switch statement in the choseMenu() function located in menuBuilder1.cpp. I ...
[no replies]
Bubble Sort C-String

Hey guys I'm encountering an error when trying to sort char * (C-strings). I'm not really sure what it is. Hoping someone can guide me. void bubbleSo...
[1 reply] : void bSort(char *arr, int n) { for (int i = 0; i<n; i++) { for (i... (by anup30)
Bug at the end of my program

I have no idea why this isn't working. I've tried so many things. It runs all the way through but says that the "program stopped working" error right as it exit...
[2 replies] Last: That shouldn't be an issue. That's just saying if cin is not the right... (by bigzigzag)
by HelenI
String to int

hey, i want to convert a string into an int. how do id do that?
[2 replies] Last: thank you :) (by HelenI)
Polymorphism

Hı guys.I have problem with a example which is in Big C ++.I don^t execute this example.When I uses virtual keyword,the program don^t execute.When i don't use ...
[5 replies] Last: thanks you for helping keskiverto.I solved the problem.I reoved cpp an... (by earthquake)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.