Beginners - February 2015 (Page 17)

Problem with fixing a specific error code

I'm new and I don't really know how to fix the error. "First-chance exception at 0x6499E541 (msvcr120d.dll) in ConsoleApplication9.exe: 0xC0000005: Access viol...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for catching the mistake, you just saved my hide (by Volgin212)
by odium0
SelectionSort craziness.

I'm currently doing a project but my selection sort isn't sorting properly. The jist is that i must sort based on these sub structs of time. If the rece...
[1 reply] : There's a little too much swap() ing going on in there. I recommend ... (by Duthomhas)
Stuck in calling function in case statement.

Hey guys, I'm a little stuck here trying to work on this program. For the life of me I can't figure out why when i call a function in a case statement it gives...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for explaining it that way i got it. I was up late last night a... (by Hidden Squid)
Loan payment calculator, payment too high

This is a project for school, and the program will build and run just fine, but the amount calculated for the payment is about 10 times higher than it should be...
[3 replies] Last: dhayden - that was exactly what was wrong, thank you for pointing that... (by Flakjacketx)
Syntax Meaning of (x)(y) and x | y

What do these two types of syntax mean? wndClass.hbrBackground = ( HBRUSH )( COLOR_WINDOW + 1 ); wndClass.style = CS_HREDRAW | CS_VREDRAW; ...
[1 reply] : 1. Cast the result of the expression on the right to type HBRUSH htt... (by LB)
Combinations Help

I need to find all the possible ways to walk up a flight of stairs using a recursive function. Each step is allowed to be large, or small, with a large step tra...
[7 replies] Last: can it be done without global variable? The function should return ... (by dhayden)
Eight Queens problem

I'm working on a unique Eight Queens (N Queens, but always 8) problem that, instead of printing out the chessboard, prints "Yes" if there is exactly one queen i...
[10 replies] Last: oh my god, if you don't understand this.... actual program is 10x hard... (by anup30)
input stream problem v2.0

Before several hours i posted this question, i got good answer by tipaye and closed the topic but turned out that i still wasnt able to find the solution. So ...
[3 replies] Last: Ohh dint see u posted before so tnx a lot :) With this example i just ... (by etrusks)
Problem with While Loop termination

I am currently trying to fill a double array with a while loop with a terminating condition (entered>0). The array is getting filled and the loop appears to be ...
[1 reply] : I don't see anything wrong, other than undefined behavior when i == 6.... (by LB)
can someone find the error in this code?

It's solved:)
[6 replies] Last: oh wow looks like that was a mistake on my part. i accidentally copi... (by TarikNeaj)
class employee, variable problem

im trying to make a program that prints out the yearly salary of two employees and first prints the salary by multiplying the input monthly salary with 12 and t...
[3 replies] Last: all good then :) (by mutexe)
friend function doubt

Hey guys! Suppose i have a class named a. a has a private variable b; i have created a friend function in class a named hello(lets say),,which manipulates the p...
[1 reply] : can you show us an example in code and then ask us again please? (by mutexe)
Need help with finishing this code for school ASAP

This is what needs to be done Ensure that the SadPirate class inherits publically from the Pirate class. 3) In the Pirate class, we want to ensure that the ...
[5 replies] Last: ty (by stixkid11)
Help Please ( Homework due in 5 hours )

So the homeworke ask to open a text file and count the words in that file. I got this part right but the second part im having problems with which ask to count ...
[6 replies] Last: yeah i closed it when i finished part 1. and now after i started to wo... (by firask21)
Problem adding info to Array of Structs

I am trying to add data to an array of structs in the following function. It complies fine and i get validation with each "addSong" that the song successfully a...
[3 replies] Last: Yep. It was something as simple as braces. I woke up this morning and ... (by forbesthebrit)
next item Vector and Map

Hello everybody, How can I get the next and previous items in a Vector or a Map? for example, if I have a map like this : RateCurve["1D" ]=4.7...
[1 reply] : For the posted map: std::map<std::string,double>::iterator i = Rate... (by Texan40)
Inheritance problems

I have just begun implementing an inheritance program from my course. Unfortunately, the sample program that illustrates how it works also contains a previously...
[5 replies] Last: OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?! I forgot to include iostream in inheritance.h f... (by hornet07)
Vector Iterator Issue

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding iterators on vectors. To begin, I have the code below: double Convertor::ConvertStringTenorIntoYears(s...
[8 replies] Last: The caller expects a value no matter what. You have to indicate failur... (by keskiverto)
Need help for school

Hi guys, I have started learning C++ in school, and we had exam today in informatics class. So my question is can this be done, we learned only if we know valu...
[2 replies] Last: Perhaps she meant this?: int a = 5; int b = 3; a += --b; cout << a... (by Texan40)
by Glyk
Need help

Hi, im trying to complete a drill from a stroustrup book and i have encountered a problem,in the drill i have to prompt for the user to choose a friend_sex by t...
[4 replies] Last: it works great now thanks alot! but i dont get it why do i need quot... (by TarikNeaj)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.