Beginners - February 2015 (Page 16)

Just finished basic c++

Hi there I'm new to this forum and I have recently finished learning the basics of c++ e.g if statements,while statements,for loop, arrays and many other things...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys :). (by tobias121)
Dynamic Array Constructors in Template Class

Hi, I believe my constructors are not correct. I keep getting this runtime error: invalid allocation size 4294967295 bytes. Can anyone identify the problem? ...
[2 replies] Last: Just a little addition: Why are you testing a size_t aka unsigned i... (by OxBADC0DE)
Switch not working

This is my code but it is not working: switch( number ) { case < num2: //code break; ...
[1 reply] : Hi, A switch doesn't work like that , you need an if-else-if-else ins... (by TheIdeasMan)
Polymorphism runtime errors

I've been reading up on polymorphism and tried a sample code. It builds with no errors, but on run it opens a new window that displays this :Unhandled exception...
[2 replies] Last: Can you provide a heavy metal plate with a bulls-eye on it? I want to ... (by hornet07)
Largest Two

I am missing something on my code, I need help with this, but not the answer #include <iostream> using namespace std; //Do not modify anything on or ab...
[7 replies] Last: Your algorithm is missing ONE line of code. if (values >= largest) ... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by MrOx
Awee help

ok so i just need a quick answer and then ill delete this thread so that way it dont take up room i programmed befor and i haven't in all most 2 years but im ba...
[2 replies] Last: ty very much man it works but now may i ask why does that work?? (by MrOx)
[Solved]Program endlessly loops after input.

Hey, I am new to the programming world and I need some help with a program that I am writing. The program is a game where the user inputs a number between 1 and...
[6 replies] Last: Not sure, could be related to the compiler you're using? I'm no expert... (by RaXoRkIlLaE)
Nested Loop Help

I am tasked to write a program that displays the cost of a medical conference, the total number of people, and the cost per person, given the number of people. ...
[3 replies] Last: Take a look here. http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/iomanip/setpreci... (by Militie)
aba

aba
[6 replies] Last: [quote=anup30]some kind of inferiority complex maybe? Someone suggest... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Advice on books

Recently, as I went through a course on C++ by Game Institute, I noticed that there are many basic and subtle knowledge points that keep escaping me. I started ...
[7 replies] Last: if you like easy reading, http://learncpp.com (by anup30)
Banking System Project dillemma

Hello all, I am a newbie here and this is my first post to this forum so do bear with me. I need help in configuring my program, here's the thing, I already man...
[2 replies] Last: hey thanks a lot. ^_^ (by EzMdFrk)
Do while loop not working nor is if else statement

Hello! I could use some help trying to figure out why my loop is not working. The program runs, but it doesn't try to use the loop and run again. Does anyone...
[1 reply] : Hi, Welcome to cpluplus :+) A char type can only hold 1 char, so tha... (by TheIdeasMan)
The Use of Classes

So, I have a lot of the basics down in c++, but the only issue I am having is wrap my head around the idea of a class. I try reading the tutorials on this websi...
[5 replies] Last: "How would I make a class that does..." First, this has little to do ... (by DarkLightHitomi)
by bhalo
inheritence

i don't understand the output of the program. please help me understand. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class A{ protected: int i; public...
[7 replies] Last: thank you fun2code and anup30 i have another problem. #include ... (by bhalo)
Can C++ build an Intranet?

I'm just wondering because I want to create an Intranet for my dad's company.
[2 replies] Last: Can you give me an example of a C++ library for intranets? (by RoCkEr285)
What's C++ for?

I'm planning to learn C++ but first I need to know what's it's for. Also, can C++ be used to make databases and computer programs that can connect to the Intern...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks (by xenovia12)
Curious bug in my program

When running my program at the step printf(" Please enter how many televisions you are buying as: "); scanf_s("%d\n", &TV); It asks for 2 input a...
[1 reply] : I have a couple of ideas. The first is that you're not using the funct... (by jlb)
Float... expertise appreciated!

Can someone please explain the concept of "float?" I read this: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cfloat/ would like to know more... my code works... ...
[3 replies] Last: I am glad I could help, good luck with your studies, friend. (by megatron 0)
(C++) help me with this question

*for loop using for loop, write a program that calculate the square and cubes of the number from 0 to 10 inclusively and display the output as stated: the n...
[3 replies] Last: Everybody gets one. (by megatron 0)
Help with calculation

So I am writing a code that will take someone's test, quiz and assignment scores and calculate each percentage. My first calculation for the assignments seems t...
[4 replies] Last: I see you've gone one past the array bounds in calcPercentage. Line 8 ... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 1415161718... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.