Beginners - February 2015 (Page 14)

Abstract class vs interface

Can someone explain why you would use an interface instead of an abstract class? I can't quite see the point, as the interface doesn't do anything the abstract ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the clear explanation :) (by hornet07)
Doubly LinkedList... Insert after function

this function is not working... can any body help me with this template <class T> void LinkedList<T>::insertAfter(T toInsert, T afterWhat) { ListIte...
[1 reply] : At line 11 you're skipping to the next item before doing the check. Th... (by dhayden)
declare array that has element of 1 to 999999999 c++

i've been using dev C++, and im struggling with how to declare array element with 1-999999999. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() ...
[2 replies] Last: thnx for idea sir. (by LimPa03)
overload

Write your question here. plz can anyone re write this code without "const" after function and #define #ifndef POLY_H 2.#define POLY_H 3. 4.#includ...
[4 replies] Last: Have you been getting enough sleep recently? That's not how construct... (by dhayden)
Percents are not showing. Help please.

So this is some of my program. The parts I am having trouble with. So I have a function below called int calcPercentage. It calculates a test score percentage a...
[6 replies] Last: I'd say fixing your compile errors and warnings would be a good place ... (by jlb)
Japanese Character Learning Game

I'm a beginner at c++ coding, and I wanted to make a program that would teach Japanese characters at a form of a game. I was wondering, after making an array of...
[1 reply] : Have you written any code, or is this still an idea at this point? If ... (by firedraco)
Arrays

Hello i'm confused why this code does not work properly. The first for loop skips the first execution, when I enter how many names I want, it starts from name 2...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys (by sourcedesigns)
Adding a new row to a matrix

Hello everyone. I've got problems with two - dimensional arrays. Need to add a new row to a dynamic matrix . But can't deal with the problem.The problem is...
[4 replies] Last: int *pt = new int {1,2,4}; int *temp = pt; pt = new int {1,2,3,4}; ... (by anup30)
by da659
Sorting the array

Hi all, i have this mini program that generates randomly 15 to 25 sized array. This array then randomly generate lower and upper case letters. In my design,I ...
[1 reply] : First, some comments about your functions. The directions say to write... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
Question about arrays

Need to write a function that takes in grades as arrays. However, to start, you ask the user for data, such as "cout << "Please enter all of the grades you woul...
[6 replies] Last: First of all, you have to declare size. int size = 0; Somewhere ... (by TarikNeaj)
by newtoc
string matching

program should find positions at which the small dna strand can attach to longer dna strand. this doesnt work for ( string::iterator i=longers.begin();i!=l...
[1 reply] : You have to explain more. What are those "dna strands" and what is re... (by keskiverto)
caesar cipher printing additional characters?

I have the basic functionality of the cipher down, but when for some reason, it's printing out additional characters at the end. For example: input: Hello w...
[1 reply] : You're probably never copying the null terminator over to 'tmp'. Reme... (by Disch)
Can anyone give me the answer of this question???

Can anyone give me the answer!! (Invoice Class) Create a class called Invoice that a hardware store might use to represent an invoice for an item sold at the st...
[1 reply] : Please note, that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewo... (by MiiNiPaa)
Insertind dashes in int.

I have to store ssn as an int but print it with dashes 000-00-0000. How do I go about with this. I know you can use substring for strings but using int is new. ...
[5 replies] Last: Haha, that's cute Cubbi (by LB)
by MrGoat
Ide Recomendations

I am a beginning C++ student and I was wondering what are the differences between the variou IDEs. What do you recommend and why? I am using a Mac with boot ca...
[no replies]
Not compiling. Need help asap!!!

What am I doing wrong??? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<fstream> #include<dos.h> void login(); ...
[1 reply] : [quote=dopeking187]What am I doing wrong??? You accidentally wrote #i... (by LB)
Mouse click as Input.

// The question is that I want the "7" will be an output to other (2nd)box //if you press left click mouse button in the 1st box. // the problem is the output...
[5 replies] Last: Please read: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/36vU7k9E/ (by LB)
taking decimal input from the user in c++

I want the input for the price in decimal format(15.00). If the input is in integer format then I want to convert it to decimal format. The maximum price for...
[4 replies] Last: Or you could use some of the manipulators provided in <iomanip> along ... (by jlb)
nan problem? nth root algorithm

I'm trying to get this nth root algorithm to work, but i seem to being getting nan after running and inputting the number with the given nth root. any help woul...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! After some tinkering I understood what you meant about the N, ... (by Cedarsmoke)
asking about if

Hi. I just begin studying C++. I need some helps with my code. I want to write thing like this: if x1 or x2 are integer ( double x1, x2 before) cout >> "....",...
[1 reply] : Do you know to know whether a floating-point value is a whole number? (by LB)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.