Beginners - February 2015 (Page 11)

Problem with a Void function. (Also looking for some ideas)

Hello. Im quite new to C++ and stuffs related to it. So, i have a homework in university which i cant seem to figure out. So the task is: There are 2 fil...
[5 replies] Last: true false is bool (by Dark Goomba)
Help with solving email problem

Im trying to input a file that contains a list of emails. From that list of emails im trying to decide if each email has 1 '@' symbol. If it doesnt I want to ...
[1 reply] : You should try compiling your code first. Get all the errors fixed up ... (by Dark Goomba)
fpos_t returns negative value.

Hi everybody. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm writing a C program that opens a directory full of text files and compares the contents of those files to ...
[no replies]
by naxx
Problems with wget and system(gv)

Hello,I need to write a program which asks the user for the URL of a PDF file, checks that the URL starts with "http", downloads it with wget, and displays it ...
[no replies]
header files?

Im wondering what I need to do to build a header file from this. I know that I need the basics of the class in there with the include and end tags but I'm just ...
[5 replies] Last: So would the friend functions even be a part of my class? (by Joshcannon)
Character Not Moving Correctly

I have written a program that moves a character around a map using a 2D array. My program behaves as expected when moving to the left and moving upwards. It do...
[18 replies] Last: Would something like this do? That's the idea, but I would not be a... (by AbstractionAnon)
Matrix Multiplication

Hello, I am having trouble with my matrix multiplication program. What the program does is takes in the dimensions of the two matrices via command line as well ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cstdio> // use the... (by Duthomhas)
Using Multi-dimensional Array to Simulate Linked List for STACK Construction

This function is supposed to add a random value at the top of the stack in a valid random space of the 2D array. I can't understand what is wrong. Sometimes, wh...
[no replies]
by Drizzy
Program for Movie rental store

Can i use an array on int main() { char m_id , .... like this
[3 replies] Last: Yes. (by AbstractionAnon)
by kiri
Array output file *

How would I include all of my data into my .txt file using my array in reverse order. I have the Trip Number(nbrTrips) recorded but am becoming lost including t...
[no replies]
by gk9
Putting changing differences in arrays

Hey all, I'm trying to set up a simulation of orbit, and to find the way the forces work I need to find delta x and delta y for each planet in relation to all...
[no replies]
variable of enums as an output

Hi. I'm having some troubles trying to convert my date from this format (ex.) 2/2/2015 into February 2, 2015. I'm suppose to change the month 2 into its month n...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the clarification! Can't believe I spent too much time thin... (by rremigoso4310)
Help with pow/ e (Eulers number)

Hey guys hows it going. Trying to figure out if im using the pow function correctly for this problem. Im trying to say e^x/2 in c++ language which im not very g...
[2 replies] Last: Ah my error my professor told us we had to use { if (y*y0<=0) co... (by ProgrammingIgnorant)
Tic Tac Toe board not updating and prints 2 boards

Im trying to make a Tic Tac Toe board for an assignment. Right now it compiles fine but when I enter an x or o it does not update the board it just prints out t...
[4 replies] Last: cin >> rowIn, columnIn, currentPlayer; This wont work, it has to ... (by TarikNeaj)
by rjn237
Simplest way to find Max/Min from list?

I'm fairly new and looking for some suggestions for a lab I have to complete for class. The program asks for 5 test scores all entered at once, finds the maximu...
[4 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <list> int main () { std::list<... (by anup30)
by toffee
Could someone help me with this problem?

Write a c++ program that will allow a user to input there first name into a string, and use the Switch/Case statement to produce the following output. Your p...
[1 reply] : Do you have anything so far? Or do you need pointers on where to start... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
Sort doesn't sort strings alphabetically?

vector<string> pString = {"hi", "hii", "bye", "alakamaz!", "o"}; printV(pString); sort(pString.begin(), pString.end()); ...
[2 replies] Last: ohhh I had been thinking all this time that shorter strings have to b... (by needhelp2812)
My first Segmentation Fault 11

Trying to write a Game of Life simulation. It is compiling, but on run throws Segmentation Fault 11. Any suggestions? #include <iostream> #include<vector> ...
[3 replies] Last: You're still going out of bounds with that. If x==i+1 and i==COLS, th... (by Disch)
Adding row to dynamic matrix

Hi, I wanna add a row that follows the first row where all the elements are prime numbers. Please help, why doesn't my code work. I guess the loop where i try t...
[3 replies] Last: I think his point is that you're overwriting the address held by the l... (by closed account D80DSL3A)
by dagurr
Calendar Project (minor errors left)

Simply it doesn't align correctly can anyone help me I cant get it to work correctly. Also can you look over it to improve it in any way would be appreciated. T...
[4 replies] Last: @dagurr Found one small error in your program when calculating number... (by whitenite1)
February 2015 Pages: 1... 910111213... 52
  Archived months: [jan2015] [mar2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.