Beginners - December 2014 (Page 48)

Checkerboard Game Logic

im at a point where, i cant continue. im totally stuck. i want to switch all the valid empty pieces that can move with "E" for empty. im also having trouble w...
[1 reply] : i know for the "E" it would be a switch statement, but i have no clue ... (by Dgonzalez1)
Error and Bubble Sort Problem

This is my code below and I cannot figure out two things one is that I keep getting an error that says "cannot convert 'int (*)()' to 'char*' for argument '1' t...
[1 reply] : int match(char , char ); matchM= match (text (textT?), pattern); cha... (by wildblue)
by ebucna
String doesnt work

Hi all, i have this assigment, my program has to read in scores from judges, calculate avaryge and put out a winner. i got that working fine but as well as putt...
[8 replies] Last: My brain just exploded lol, I'll go through it tomorrow, maybe I will ... (by ebucna)
Template question

I am writing code to work with a driver that is provided. I am relatively new to the idea of templates and am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I am gettin...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you for showing me my error, it is now correct to say the right ... (by DEnumber50)
how to write Multiplication table in C++

hello!! i am new to C++. can any one please tell me how to write Multiplication table in C++ using if/else statements.
[1 reply] : Why don't you give it a try first, post what you were able to do, and ... (by deathslice)
by Xtez
2D Tank Game.

Hello, I am looking to make a type of tank game in C++, The main idea of the game is simple, kill the enemy using the angles you input in the program. For examp...
[no replies]
Pointers and reference

Good day. I'm a kind of new programmer, I need help with how to manipulate pointers. I understand what it does, but when it is being used, I find it hard to com...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, will check it out right away (by Abulkhair)
warning in char data type

hello everyone , I have a warning massage from the compiler when i enter a multi-character in char : #include<iostream> #include<cmath> using namespace std;...
[8 replies] Last: Well that was amazing though i dint get a thing right there hehe , btw... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
C++ Array like Mine sweeper.

Write your question here. I want to create a 10 by 10 table wherein i can type the value(numbers 1 to 9) for every row-columns that i want to have a value. And...
[1 reply] : Sorry, I don't completely understand your question, but if you want to... (by dhayden)
Passing Paramaters as Pointers? I Don't Understand?

I keep getting funny numbers at the end and i am not sure why?? #include<iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { int *studentnum; ...
[4 replies] Last: Although you've declared median and average to be doubles, the assignm... (by dhayden)
Function Problem

I need to write a function that gets the info the user selected and then adds everything they selected and prints it out in a receipt. function is called displa...
[2 replies] Last: Just on first reading, disregarding the above questions. . .why do you... (by PCrumley48)
why this won t work?

Hello. I am new to c++ and i wonder why this doesn t work. All i want is to calculate the distance beetween 2 points on a plane. However, calculating the distan...
[8 replies] Last: Ah. You're passing the address of the double instead of the double. Th... (by dhayden)
Help with Arrays to Vectors!!!

Hello, I am doing a project for my computer class and we are to convert arrays to vectors and change the parameters and I need help. I have the code written but...
[4 replies] Last: You're in my CS 220. I know that for a fact. I haven't turned this in ... (by LilMonsterGirl)
Expression must be a modifiable lvalue

I am getting a very strange error when I am simply trying to modify an array within a class. In my .h file, I have initialized an array, and in my .cpp file, I ...
[5 replies] Last: sorry, should have seen it before...I was on the right track =P need ... (by aarnold404)
Need help with Arrays

Hi I'm new to C++ and have a quick question about arrays. Why doesn't this function like my array? I keep getting a "invalid types 'const int ' for array sub...
[3 replies] Last: Did you change FindFirstNum to take pointers? The error is saying it... (by Lachlan Easton)
by gmac
define your own class that will represent a fraction in your program (1,2)

Ive started this assignment. Not sure what to do from here: Write a class definition for a fraction class. That is, define your own class that will repres...
[30 replies] Last: This whole section of code needs to go away, along with the almost ide... (by PCrumley48)
Pointers

What is the meaning of (volatile unsigned int*)(0x04) in following code? As here should be some address( &address ). volatile unsigned int* address = (v...
[5 replies] Last: The hardware has put something other than RAM at address 0x4. It is pr... (by dhayden)
How to get the lowest value as well as the highest even element in an array

Hello Guys! I've been working on a program that will allow one to enter 10 elements. Upon those entry's then calculate the combined average, find and print on s...
[5 replies] Last: Ooh my function dint take into account even numbers refer to @keskiver... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Work with file(2)

I create new topic because, I have not received a reply. I have to hand over homework, but I do not know how to do it.So I wrote here, that's the problem itsel...
[1 reply] : You probably didn't get a reply because you've made no attempt at all ... (by mutexe)
Multiplication Table Using IF/Else only

Hello Guys i Have just started learning C++ can any one please tell me how to write a Multiplication Table Using IF/Else only in C++ (no looping) just IF/Else o...
[no replies]
December 2014 Pages: 1... 4647484950... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.