Beginners - December 2014 (Page 44)

compiler problem in codeBlocks

I'm writing my first c++ program that uses multiple files. I'm using codeBlocks. I've run into an issue that I haven't had in the past. When I try to build and ...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks. That worked! (by dunnDolphin)
Random number array help1

I need to create 20 random numbers and find how many times each number pops up. for example, if the integer 20 appears 4 times, the frequency would be 4. ...
[3 replies] Last: You can use arrays if you want. Just follow the same idea. (by shadowCODE)
How to Map-Associating Strings with Integers

So, I have this function to code called int GetGuess ( ). The idea for me is to map out each possible string to an integer. The various strings I need to asso...
[17 replies] Last: Hmm, thats very interesting. I began doing it in a way kind of like t... (by justinc978)
Tic Tac Toe winning condition if statement problem

So I'm trying to create a winning condition for tic tac toe game in an if statement. For now I'm just trying to make it so that if there are 3 crosses in a line...
[1 reply] : Can anyone help me please, I need to hand this program in tomorrow (by marcin388)
[C++] - 6x6 board game (1,2)

Hi, I have a project exercise in c++ language. I have to admit I'm not so good in programming right now, so please try to help me. The exercise: Board Game. B...
[37 replies] Last: Well, something like that. :) Line 9: You're missing a ] after row... (by AbstractionAnon)
Help with file output.

I'm trying to make it so my finished madlibs is outputted into a new file. I can't seem to get it to work. I really need help. I'm pulling hair here. https://...
[no replies]
How to implement a safer System() ?

So I've read, over multiple forums the evil in which the System() keyword is. I have no objection to it, I understand why it is hated, but what if I need it? ...
[6 replies] Last: Cheers buddy, will look into it. (by megatron 0)
Pointer, String, Bool

why 'true' doesnt undeclared in C? please help me #include <stdio.h> int main() { char fakultas = "FMIPA"; char c = "Laboratorium D3 Teknik Infor...
[2 replies] Last: yes, can you fix my code so it can run? (by feehily)
Help

Trying to figure out how to write a code Question ask " We are storing a list of student info, (id number, First name and Last name) using a link list. Th...
[1 reply] : Teacher never went over how to implement a linked list using array S... (by shadowCODE)
by BB2921
Comparing Class Values

I need help comparing values of a class, but the bool methods isn't worker. I think my logic is correct the code is wrong. here's the method bool piggyban...
[1 reply] : void printPiggyBankValue(); // and if ( foo.printPiggyBankValue()... (by keskiverto)
Converting an English text to Morse code and vice versa

Hi guys, I have an assignment for my C++ class and the topic is, well the title says it all. I'm having trouble debugging my code, and I was wondering if you gu...
[2 replies] Last: hey mutexe, I edited my code, and the thing is that I am trying to pu... (by shindosu)
First Arrays project...?

I have an issue with my first arrays project! What I need to happen is have an array with 50 elements. The first 25 elements should be doubled while the last 2...
[5 replies] Last: Nevermind!! Figured it out! Thanks for all the help! (by jayfloyd)
Help me

I have to write a program that stores information in a two-dimensional 3 × 7 array, where each row represents a different monkey and each column represents a d...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/arrays/ (by keskiverto)
C++ for Mac

Hi all, This might be very silly questions, but to me, your inputs will def help me kick this off. I am a mac user and wondering how I can get the c++ ins...
[2 replies] Last: Use Xcode. Create a new project of type "Command line tool". Choose C+... (by tcs)
by harrie
basic output file

My professor didnt have time to teach output file but he said it was easy just look it up in the the book. I dont understand the book and i have to answer this ...
[1 reply] : Try a look at http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/. There are descri... (by tcs)
linear search algorithm HELP

this is just a quick example getting to the point. i need to search for the values from array2 in array1 and display the position. i know how to find an indivi...
[4 replies] Last: Yes. #include <iostream> int main() { const int N = 5; int arr ... (by keskiverto)
Why do we study classes and objects? (1,2,3)

There are many features that classes bring to c++ out of which data hiding is one such feature. From what are we hiding the data? If we need to hide data from...
[40 replies] Last: If you would only distribute it as compiled binaty it is impossible an... (by MiiNiPaa)
Overloading operators

I have an assignment where I have to add 2 coordinate points by overloading + and * operators. I have an issue where after I input points for x,y for object ...
[2 replies] Last: Can you elaborate a bit more? I still don't see what the issue is (by alex067)
Sorting Names in an Array

I am trying to figure out how to bubble sort through a list of names that are in an array(cString) and then use a binary search to find a user-specified name. I...
[1 reply] : Show your effort, or we cannot tell why it fails. (by keskiverto)
How to get Data from a Node Pointing to a function?

Here I have a node, which is pointing to an object, which is pointing to one of the object's functions that returns an int. current->data->getAmount(); ...
[19 replies] Last: Instead of having Node::data be a pointer to Item, make it an instance... (by dhayden)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 4243444546... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.