Beginners - December 2014 (Page 43)

How to move the whole figure horizontally in c++

can any one tells me how to make the shown figure move horizontally Note that: I wanna ask the user for the number of rows(lines) then, i will show the figur...
[2 replies] Last: worked, but still cant move it horizontally (by studentCs)
Pass a structure as a pointer to function of other type

Hi there, I have a structure struct A { public: uint16_t c1; uint16_t c2; uint16_t c3; }; And a function void func...
[6 replies] Last: This function's parameter data seems to be pointer to an array with f... (by keskiverto)
Entering a char or a string

Hello, I am trying to make a hangman game where the user can either enter a single letter to guess or a whole word to guess but dont know how to allow the us...
[4 replies] Last: Hmmm....I know global variables have their own usage and stuff but I d... (by rjvc)
by GunR
Error "Expected unqualified-id '(' token" in line 1

Hello, I am using Code Blocks and currently having an issue with debugging. I want to start debugging the problem but I only receive the error "Error Expected u...
[1 reply] : A class declaration needs to end with a semi-colon, which you've misse... (by tipaye)
understanding some code

Hey so I've been asked to create a fairly simple zombie survival game for my university... being as what they've taught me so far has no help what so ever in ma...
[9 replies] Last: Almost overlooked that... The problem might be GetAsyncKeyState(...)... (by coder777)
std::begin ()

Hi, can't understand why my functions here can't work yet they seem correct to me. #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> void todefault(std::vector...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you @Minnippa , @JLBorges void print(int array ) is the sam... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Initialize ANY one dimensional array to zero.

Say I have the following arrays: int alpha ; int beta ; int gamma ; I know how to write a function to write an array that I have written down but say...
[2 replies] Last: I think you're being asked to provide a function that can be used to i... (by tipaye)
Problem with multiple class files, main, and pointers.

Okay, I have a small declaration/reference problem in my main. int main(int argc, char *argv ) { Initialize mainkey; mainkey.Initial(...
[2 replies] Last: I'm guessing you haven't included the definitions of either Initiali... (by tipaye)
Creating a function that swaps char array using pointers

For an assignment I have to make two functions that swap character arrays. One using void swap( char str1 , char str2 ); and the other using void swap( char...
[5 replies] Last: No that's not the error line 33 char *temp; ///should be... char t... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Homework Help

I was suppose to use a vector instead of an array. I got points taken off because of this and have to fix it since out last program is just a continuation of th...
[1 reply] : First, you have to get the definition of vector before you use it, so ... (by tipaye)
Programm stops working..

Hi everyone! I have a problem that I can't solve by myself.. My program is compiled but after I write the number of variable n after its start, the program stop...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks u solve my problem ;) (by martin619)
by BB2921
Calling a boolean from methods

Having some trouble calling a boolean. whenever I try to call the method in the main I never get a return. Anyone have a go at it? here is the method boo...
[2 replies] Last: What does calcpiggyBankValue() do? Is that function hanging? (by tipaye)
by McCaaw
Very Simple Encode/Decode program, need help

Hi, I'm new to C++ and need some help involving encoding and decoding text from text files. When I enter a file in the program just stalls. Any assistance would...
[2 replies] Last: As far as I can see, "file" is never initialised. So your program will... (by tipaye)
Using 'While' Instead of Range-For

Hello, I'm working through C++ Primer 5th, and in the exercise it asks me to write a program that uses a 'while' to change all the characters in a string to 'X'...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, that is my problem. Thanks for pointing that out. I missed it. (by Greentoad55)
Passing strings to Vector<string>

I have a class than declares a vector with the following function in it: Choices(string description, vector<string> choices), but as you can see I get the foll...
[3 replies] Last: If the the C++ compiler used on the server is the Microsoft compiler, ... (by JLBorges)
by rayb20
having trouble Implementing classes

I have to use the classes i created to roll the die 12000 and update the histogram and the list. I keep getting an error and cannot figure out how to fix it. ...
[10 replies] Last: Okay so now it looks like this aHistogram::aHistogram() { face = ... (by rayb20)
Need some help with a function using pointers.

From my assignment: Create a function "swapArray" which takes the array created above as parameter, and swaps first half of the elements with second half of t...
[1 reply] : Find the middle pos of the array, then swap array at 0 with mid, at 1 ... (by LendraDwi)
check true/false for end of string

I am attempting to write a program that reads names from a file, rearranges the names, and then writes them to a new file in a different order. In the original ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much JLBorges and sorry it took me a while to get back ... (by closed account S2wCM4Gy)
Matrix from numbers

Hi, I need help for this matrix.I'm trying to do but I can't think of solution how to do the middle part.Have to look like this... ( 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0) (...
[6 replies] Last: The second one is very similar to the first algorithm I mentioned. The... (by giblit)
by NOD32
How would I add a character to a string?

I have a while loop that continually asks for an input (char). I want the input to be stored in a string after each iteration. For example, if I have an input o...
[2 replies] Last: You can just append it to the end, like so: #include <string> #inclu... (by TwilightSpectre)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.