Beginners - December 2014 (Page 20)

suggestions

Hi, I have an idea to make a library information management system console application but am abit lacking on what kind of information i need to get started,fro...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you very much @Abstractionanon, such a suggestions was definetly... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
need help on linked list

i need help for the reverseprint function i dont know how to write it. Any help will b appraciated thanks #include<cstdlib> #include < iostream> usi...
[2 replies] Last: Because I can see your node struct only got a single pointer, that me... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
help with linked list

i need help for the reverseprint function i dont know how to write it. Any help will b appraciated thanks #include<cstdlib> #include < iostream> using names...
[2 replies] Last: print the numbers of the linked list in order and reverse order i've a... (by gabinho770)
Add new library to C++

Hi everybody I'm so sorry because I know my question is elementary. By the way I have to start from here. I'm using Windows 7 and Code::Block 13.12 and C++ ...
[4 replies] Last: what do you think about this video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4... (by mrtnkvn)
Polymorphism

I have problem to understand how even to start with this task... Output should be: Player <Robin> "Attacks!". The full code is more but I just cut out a small p...
[no replies]
How can I find the lowest and highest digit from a string?

Going by the following code what would be the optimal way to find the higher and lower digit of the string? int main() { string digits; int t...
[1 reply] : You need two further variable where you store the max/min values and c... (by coder777)
by vxk
Importance of Forward Declaration in Nested Friends

Thinking in c++ volume 1 says : Making a structure nested doesn’t automatically give it access to private members. To accomplish this, you must follow a ...
[5 replies] Last: egg1.access2(); ////error ///// The Egg class does not have a ... (by Peter87)
by Immo
Operation Overloading - did I do this properly?

I'm looking at the + overload. Something about it feels off. Would it be better to return *this by instantiating a new object in this case or just return it as ...
[3 replies] Last: When implementing a class, start by thinking about the class invariant... (by JLBorges)
Rotating Sentences

Can someone put comments in every code so i can understand it well.?. if(file.is_open()) { string line = ""; string nxtline = ""; int no1, no...
[no replies]
ofstream woes.

I'd just like to find out, is it possible to export strings to files and then import them into the code later? I'm not sure if I've missed anything on the inter...
[2 replies] Last: Yes indeed, thank you, andy1992! Really helped. (by HarryCodes)
getline compile error: no matching function for call to 'getline'

I'm working my way through "Jumping Into C++." I was working on Ivor Horton's book, but felt I wasn't retaining anything. I was several chapter's in and didn't ...
[2 replies] Last: @Yanson, thank you. Changed to single quotes and compiles flawlessly. (by killingthemonkey)
Problem solving,data structure , algorithms

I have a question in my mind that i want to learn and solve more and more problem as from facebook group i had suggested by others that hot programm c++ would b...
[4 replies] Last: ouh it's nice now i am going to buy these books ! thank u sir :D (by Muhammad Anim)
C++ Divisors

Im new to C++ and I have no idea "how to ask for multiple inputs and display the divisors for each of the inputs." I tried to use loop to ask for inputs but app...
[11 replies] Last: oh i gave you the typo code. sorry. fix code #include <iostream> ... (by xenovia12)
Can you skip fields using getline?

If you have an input file formatted like so. Hello 25 how are you Hello 26 abc def And you are using a blank space delim is there anyway to get to hello th...
[no replies]
Project not running?

So I have this code here, and I am struggling to get it to compile, all I get is the error "error C4716: 'getNames' : must return a value" From what I can s...
[4 replies] Last: i wasn't at my computer. i just did and it worked, thank you! (by get name)
Can't validate player's input.

So I'm trying to create a mini inventory shop and I'm trying to validate if what's the user inputs is actually in the shop. What do you think I could or what sh...
[7 replies] Last: if there is another way to do what you just did. Basic algorithm is ... (by MiiNiPaa)
Writing print function for linked list

I am having trouble solving this problem I need to write a print function for my linked list and I am not sure how to accomplish this. Any help would be appreci...
[3 replies] Last: Well your aim is to print the details of the Carpart* member in each n... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Kman
Working with functions and infile/outfile?

My assignment: "Write a C++ program to do the following: The main program reads in three integers, representing the degree measurement of three angles of a tri...
[12 replies] Last: Please note all your functions should have this kind of declaration or... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Pointer passed through functions

I am writing a code that creates a deck of cards using a doubly linked list. One function, newDeck(), is made to create a new deck if the user wants. I don't h...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, thank you so much. That clarifies a lot. (by seven47flyr)
Need help writing destructor's for linked list

I am having difficulty writing destructors for my node and list classes, all of my research hasn't provided me with enough details. Any help would be appreciate...
[13 replies] Last: Awesome! thank you for your help @andy1992 (by DEnumber50)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 1819202122... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.