Beginners - December 2014 (Page 18)

Need help modifying this program

Well I'm currently attempting attempting some of the beginners exercises from this link http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/articles/12974/ and the one I'm stuck at...
[7 replies] Last: Ehm... Maybe I'm wrong but to me this seems like "cheating"! :) You a... (by minomic)
how to read sentence including space ?

curious here. how to solve them? printf("The phrase that u enter is: \n"); for(i=0; i<len; i++) { printf("%c", phr ); } f...
[9 replies] Last: You should post the entire code, so that we can take a look and correc... (by minomic)
Storing hexadecimal values without converting.

I need to store some hexadecimal values without converting them. vector <unsigned char> keyStates (0x1B, 0x49); system("PAUSE"); for (int i = 0; i != key...
[8 replies] Last: I fixed my code, thanks for the help. The purpose of my program was to... (by Code Apperentice)
Help me please noob here.

Help me include fstream here in my code i'm a newbie in programming. #include <iostream> #include <windows.h> #include <conio.h> #include <limits> using ...
[no replies]
Program not outputing values

It is probably something silly that I am overlooking, but my TaxRate and NetPay columns both give an amount of zero. Everything else works perfectly: #incl...
[3 replies] Last: I think that I have it. I forgot int net(); (by Scythifuge)
Very Long Integers Problem

Hi Everyone.. Im here again to ask help.. Im task to make a code/program.. here is the problem below... Very Long Integers Input File: longint.txt Adding...
[15 replies] Last: Otherwise I'm afraid OP will have to skip this exercise "advanced" i... (by anup30)
by ba83
C++ website for beginners

A good website for C++ beginners with many examples www.sheir.org/learn-c-plus-plus-programming.html
[no replies]
Issue with QT/using pointers of ifstream-like variables

Hello, EDIT: I know that QT users are only a very small subset of the forum-goers here, so in reading this post I think it's ok to consider the QT specific ter...
[2 replies] Last: Wow, that fixed it. Thanks! (by hyperfine)
Coding Date/Time snapshot

how can i encode the current date and time of the file creation, into a comment header. code blocks is difficult with this. I need it in the following format: ...
[no replies]
Command reference

Does anyone have a list of complete commands? this site seems to have errors when i click on anything other than forums, including remember me on the login pop...
[2 replies] Last: sorry i meant when my compiler compiles the program it outputs it in a... (by CMinusMinusPlus)
how to prevent getline from skipping a line

ive read that its best if you dont put getline with >> but i didnt have a choice. for (int x = 0; x < 500; x++) { getline(file, index ); g...
[2 replies] Last: uhh.. sorry. never really understood what the std:: meant. can u repo... (by StupidLag)
Dynamic array is allocated for the wrong size

Hi all. I am having a problem with dynamic array allocation. In my function of addNums, I was wondering if someone could tell me why it is reserving an array of...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you for all of your responses. I have been trying to review some... (by mlholder)
Question about pointers

So there is a question that wants to assign the address of variable num1 to pointer variable fptr . However, num1 is type float and fptr is type dou...
[3 replies] Last: To explain further: by writing to pointer of another type which is the... (by MiiNiPaa)
Ignoring the 1st Column in an Array?

How do I ignore the first column of data from a file? I need to read the three exam scores into an array; however, the first column contains the student ID. T...
[6 replies] Last: Okay I will suggest an alternative. struct exam { int score1; ... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
read all code including space, morse code

need it asap. help. printf("\n\n\tEnter a line of Morse Code for decrypting\n\n"); scanf("%s",phr); len=strlen(phr); printf("\nConve...
[no replies]
Study tips for final exam

Hello everyone! I have my final for a beginners C++ class on Thursday. I was wondering what you guys would recommend as the most effective way to study for it? ...
[3 replies] Last: Alright thanks guys! I'll do that. (by and kand 97)
Huffman's Algorythm

Hi, i have problem with text decoding by this code. I`ve got: "ЉФЦжНЗвҐч•gН" symbols in the output.bin, instead of 0 and 1. May i fix it or no? Thnx...
[no replies]
[Runtime Error] Linked List Print Operation

Hi All, I wrote the code to store the values present in the array to the newly created LinkedList and when trying to print the LinkedList, I'm getting a runt...
[2 replies] Last: @ne555 Thanks mate. Appreciate your help. I just changed the line 41 t... (by ActiveSpot)
program

i want to know the coding of a program and that program is write a program that inputs three digits and displays all possible combinations of these digits...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> ///next_permutation using na... (by jasonwynn10)
[output error] Does cout operator works with && (AND) operator in this format?

Hi, I tried to use && operator in order to execute a function() and cout statement. In this way, (unit(num/100) && (cout << "HUNDRED\t")) But, I couldn't ...
[5 replies] Last: @MiiNiPaa Thanks for the suggestion, will keep that in mind. (by ActiveSpot)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 1617181920... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.