Beginners - December 2014 (Page 13)

Best way to learn C++

I'm a learning beginner that has a little C++ experience running math written C++ code that I have successfully written..... I have two books by Tony Gladdis...
[5 replies] Last: No I have not read the tutorials as I have just discovered this websit... (by johnl732)
Tic Tac Toe - Urgent

why the program doesnt work properly? there'll output 'undefined references sleep'. and can someone explain me the code please? there's some code that i dont un...
[5 replies] Last: that piece of code is in the while loop (by jasonwynn10)
Scrutinise my code

Looking for brutal criticism, feedback and improvements to my initial OOP design. My code should be elegant, efficient and easy to understand for beginners. ...
[5 replies] Last: Exactly the same you did: destructor with empty body. But in this case... (by MiiNiPaa)
by r0bot
rand() in loop

Dear All, I would like to draw ten random digits. #include<iostream> #include <time.h> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main() { ...
[3 replies] Last: works well! thank you guys ;) (by r0bot)
How Do I Go About Generalizing These Functions, And Should I?

I'm working on a game with an entity-component system. I have a Manager class that is handling all of the components by feeding them into vectors set up for eac...
[1 reply] : You could use inheritance and/or polymorphism. (by Renthalkx97)
Adding each unit they're current value and letting the user pick as many units as they want (1,2)

Before I go into detail, please do not give me code. I'm only asking for advice as I generally want to do this by myself. Now that I have prefaced my intro with...
[21 replies] Last: You could just write a function to display the stats. I'm not really s... (by Renthalkx97)
problem with passing address

hi i have written this code but compiler says you should initialize a why and how?? [#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> void b(int**); int main() { ...
[4 replies] Last: You can't pass uninitialized variables to a function. In your second e... (by Renthalkx97)
how to avoid wrong answers !!!

my calculator is so simple but at the end of it i asks the user if he want to try again what i want to do is that if the user enter y the program will restart i...
[8 replies] Last: Yet you make a very good point. I didn't consider that there might be ... (by Duthomhas)
Problems creating an Object!

I'm having a problem trying to declare my object of my Player class.. Main #include "Game.h" using namespace std; void Instructions(); int main() { Instru...
[5 replies] Last: i guess you can created an object anywhere you want provided it's clas... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Clearing Console and resetting

Okay so I did some research and I've read lots information about why not to use system("anything") and I found a way to clear the Console: cout << string(...
[4 replies] Last: If you mean to change the size of the console window -- your program s... (by Duthomhas)
by EvE12
What is the difference?

What is the difference between two codes? int x = 1; int y = 1; int z = 1; for (int i = 0; i < rows; i++){ ...
[2 replies] Last: Solved (by EvE12)
How to register Visual C++ 2008 Express?

Hi! Ive got some projects developed in Visual C++ 2008 Express. Now I formatted my computer, and when reinstalling V C++ 2008 Express I realised that the link ...
[2 replies] Last: That is cool. But if you do upgrade I recommend VS2012. I tried 2013 a... (by Manga)
class object as another class member

I create an object of class in another class mainwindow. But, when I initialize this object in the constructorof mainwindow, I get a runtime errror: Invalid par...
[3 replies] Last: You seem to be using "single inheritance with pointer member": https:/... (by keskiverto)
how to use "union"

Write your question here. hi there . how can we define and use union in c programming
[1 reply] : http://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/c_unions.htm (by mutexe)
by KMagic
Initialize string array in a class

After googling, I finally know how to initialize a string array in a class, which looks like this: // number.h class number { private: static cons...
[1 reply] : your string is a static members, meaning that it will be created immed... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by wooooo
hi Can you help my project?

Hi:D I'm beginner at C++ program. I have some problem. I'll make a project that calorie caculator, but there is some problem at my code. My code is #inc...
[1 reply] : -Lots of c-style stuff, you might wanna read a good c to c++ tutorial ... (by poteto)
Project must run five times without stopping

Hello. I just finished coding a project which calculates and outputs gas mileage, total distance, and time, but have one more thing to do in which I can't figur...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ Your looking for the "... (by poteto)
align text and check if letters are matching on everyline

Write your question here. Hello guys, first of all i am really sorry for inconvenience i am very new around here. i have a huge text file that looks like this...
[12 replies] Last: By the lines shown on the screenshot the format probably has entries, ... (by keskiverto)
Can a constant be passed to a reference

Why does this code work, even though we are passing a constant to a reference? #include <iostream.h> int fun(int a, int &b) { a+=b; b=b%3; cout<<"a...
[13 replies] Last: > does that mean that the above code is running due to a compiler prob... (by JLBorges)
Tic Tac Toe Explanation

can someone explain what this win: function? why the flag must be 0? #include <stdio.h> int main() { int winner = 0, count = 0; i...
[1 reply] : Please DO NOT MAKE REPEAT TOPICS http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/... (by jasonwynn10)
December 2014 Pages: 1... 1112131415... 55
  Archived months: [nov2014] [jan2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.