Beginners - December 2013 (Page 53)

by Blank
magic program

can someone help me please? Write a program that asks the user to enter a month (in numeric form), a day, and a two-digit year. The program should then determi...
[2 replies] Last: Do this: cin >> month >> day >> year; But not this: cin >> month,d... (by Nikko YL)
Help with Binary Tree

I am having trouble with a program for my Computer Science class. We are supposed to make a binary tree that supports program profiling.. My professor provided ...
[1 reply] : I have the other files if more code is needed. I just need help gettin... (by ADTR2012)
Sum/Average Volume Program

I'm a beginner, how would I make it so that I can have someone input the length, width and height for all 3 boxes and then have it output the sum and average vo...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double arr ... (by q1670741824)
unresolved external 'WinMain'

error while running the code although there is no error when debug #include <iostream.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include "HotelQueueLin...
[3 replies] Last: what ide are you using ? take a look at this similar thread : http://... (by nvrmnd)
Problem with class arrays.

Hi, I'm writing a program that will read a text file, save the data into a class array, and then print it out. I'm not sure why, but its not working as inten...
[no replies]
by zychin
Simple Calculator with switch function not working

Hi, I am new to c++, and I have encountered a problem in my calculator program. When I execute it with any number or operational(except divide by 0), it shows "...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks, didn't see that. (by zychin)
Why can I change a const's value

Supposedly, a constant is read-only reference. Its value cannot be changed. But the following program do change the value of const y. Is this a bug in C++ lan...
[6 replies] Last: &y is defined as a constant alias for x. 0x22ff48 is just a physical a... (by hooshdar3)
Modulus

What does "1%2" evaluate to and why? Thanks!
[2 replies] Last: That was the error in my code then, thanks condor. (by heyyouyesyouiloveyou)
Removing an Array Element

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to remove an element that has been input through the keyboard. I understand that I need to set that element to be the same ...
[3 replies] Last: while (name == list .name) { for (int i = 0; i < size; i++) ... (by Excuseyou)
by mckf68
Solve use of dictionary for hangman

I try to add use of dictionary for my hangman program. File opens correctly and my random choice still doesn't work asking get line() as often as "nbMotChoisi" ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, was not aware of the clear() function and eof bit s... (by mckf68)
by ombl4
Array doesn't perform calculations - need advice

Process returned 0 (0x0) execution time : 0.146 s Press any key to continue.
[no replies]
Segmentation Fault: 11

I am trying out a sorting algorithm that involves a large string of numbers. And whenever I try to run it, it gives the this error: Segmentation Fault: 11 ...
[2 replies] Last: Yes I am able to display all of the random integers. I don't think tha... (by aviatorblue62)
Blackjack help

I've been asked to modify the c++ blackjack program out of my text book, I need to shuffle the deck after each round if the remaining cards are low and also I n...
[no replies]
Assign element of array into string

Making program that reads data from a fancy text file, calculates qb ratings, then outputs everything in a fancy way. #include <cstdlib> #include <iost...
[no replies]
lvalue required as left operand of assignment?

Hello, I was trying to divide counter by 4 and use the number left over to set up a if condition, but the compiler told me that "lvalue required as left operand...
[1 reply] : The problem is indeed on line 28: if (counter%4=0) Should be if (c... (by long double main)
Rounding question

How would one go about getting C++ to round a number such as 15511210043330986055303168 to something like 15511210043330986000000000? I keep getting question...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks! That link is useful!! (by newlearn33)
program compiled. will not execute.

Alright, I have written this program for class. I guess it's supposed to be pretty straight forward passing array elements around between functions. It's take...
[6 replies] Last: In main, first initialize count to 0 if you haven't done so already. T... (by heebleworp)
Use array? Need help with extending program

If you run the program, I would like it to add for additional "x" and show result for multiple f(x)=> for the program to run like the example. for example: Ent...
[8 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <list> #include <limits> using namespace... (by ShodanHo)
Is this possible (= operator overloading question)

I'm overloading the = operator for a class that uses deep copying for its copy constructor. First let me post the relevant code: class declaration (in stack....
[2 replies] Last: In the end, are you sure this is what causes your problem? Nope, be... (by heebleworp)
Dijkstra's Shortest-Distance Algorithm Help

I'm having a hard time trying to understand/visualize Step 3a of the pseudocode given to me by my textbook. This is what I have so far for my function. My set c...
[1 reply] : You are missing something important in your implementation. Where do y... (by Smac89)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 5152535455... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.