Beginners - December 2013 (Page 43)

Constructor problem

Is there a problem with the code or may it just be the IDE? #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class Penanito { ...
[2 replies] Last: (llbd) thats it, problaby just Xcode problem, thanks though :) (by Penanito)
Help with void functions

I'm writing this program for class but I got stuck. I keep getting an error saying uninitialized local variables (line 25) in main. Should I initialize these in...
[1 reply] : If you want to modify a variable that exists in another scope from a f... (by Thumper)
Writing, reading, and editing a dat file.

I don't have any errors when I compile, so that's a good start. :) I need to create a blank dat file, meaning there is not a file already populated with data....
[1 reply] : Hello, Very few will want to read all of that code, you should narrow... (by ritstudent)
by mjyz
How to edit a record

Can someone give me fix my function for editing a record? I'm struggling, thanks int Search(Student List , int Size, string Target) { for(int i = 0...
[6 replies] Last: It runs and when I select it on the menu it works and prompts for ever... (by mjyz)
Need some clarity on structures

Really noob question, but I'm having trouble understanding structures. I defined the struct in the header as a global variable: struct studentInfo { ...
[2 replies] Last: @ hanipman , Structs, when passed to functions, should be passed by r... (by ritstudent)
string analysis.

Another question, this time I am pretty much totally stumped. The only way I can think to do this one is with a bunch of really ugly && and ||, there has to be...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by Arctic Fox)
by ayo
boolean not working

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/ea835a51eb4dbe21bd37 focusing on 'bool checkIfCorrect function and main, ignore the rest I'm trying to get CheckIfCorrec...
[2 replies] Last: thank you (by ayo)
Character frequency counter array.

Hi everyone, I've got another problem I'm stuck on, this one applies to arrays. Background info, teacher gives instructions which must be followed to the letter...
[13 replies] Last: lol, yeah, it's not about bonus points, it's about getting any credit ... (by Arctic Fox)
generate 5 unique random numbers in an array.

Another question. This one is about loops and arrays in a function. I have to generate 5 unique lottery numbers in the range of 1 to 50 inclusive. This is ...
[2 replies] Last: I have to use an array, and yup, that did it. You are awesome. (by Arctic Fox)
Reading multi data type CSV

I need to implement a version of the shortest path (of sorts) with about 100 cities. I only need help with the first bit: get the data in. Duoas has already ...
[no replies]
expected primary-expression before '*' and '->'

I dont know why i keep getting these errors error: expected primary-expression before ‘*’ token if (i==employee*->x()) ^ error: expect...
[4 replies] Last: #include"depot.h" 7 8 9 depot::depot(int num) 10 11 { 12 e... (by antonioruns)
Checking for errors.

I have errors in my code that I can't figure out. Any help would be appreciated. There's something wrong with my calculateTax function. I have my taxes defin...
[3 replies] Last: void testTotal() { float tax = 0.45; float subtotal = 1145.60; fl... (by Brianna)
Ticket Producing Function?

Please I need help making a function that after a user inputs his/her desired seat row and column it will produce a random ticket number that later if you input...
[no replies]
can someone check my simulation?

Hello, i have an assignment where i need to make a simulation of a checkout line of a supermarket. for example, when the first customer arrives, say so and star...
[no replies]
by unik
Help please!

Need help starting the getDATA function please! #include <iostream> #include<fstream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip> using namespace std ; /* ...
[1 reply] : Hi @unik, This is a simple example. Eyenrique-MacBook-Pro:Desktop ... (by eyenrique)
Using classes

For my assignment, it's a requirement to use classes. And I have functions that are meant to be in the classes defined as public functions. But when I call the ...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, that was the error. Thank you so much! (by Brianna)
is there anything against advertising?

So i have been working on a text based rpg and i am getting help from 2 other people. i have set up a pretty simple website using Google Sites. this is mostly j...
[no replies]
Problems with hangman

no help thanks
[no replies]
Trying to figure out this error

I don't know why I keep getting this error. depot.cpp: In constructor ‘depot::depot(int)’: depot.cpp:39:59: error: no matching function for call to ‘emp...
[no replies]
Help with using cout for decimals

I'm really new to C++, been doing it for only 2 days and while trying to create random things I noticed that I couldn't use cout to print numbers with decimal p...
[3 replies] Last: Just to give a little clarity as to why (Not full clarity) this happen... (by Protomega)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.