Beginners - December 2013 (Page 41)

default initialization and assignment for classes

My questions concern the default initialization, and assignment operations. These examples come from B. Stroustrup’s Programming Principles and Practice usin...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for this explanation. It helped a great deal. In hingsight... (by cppnewuser13)
by MST
erf or error function

Write your question here. Hi everyone I want to know is there any function available for error function(erf) in Visual C++? thanks
[1 reply] : erf() is implemented in <cmath> for C++11 http://www.cplusplus.com... (by yulingo)
deleting a Linked list

ok so i have my linked list..created from a struct with my node * next_ptr. So now how do i delete a whole linked list? not the head node alone, or a node so...
[2 replies] Last: so it means to empty the the list i have to delete all the middle node... (by donvigor)
Student Programmer needs help with functions

Last program of the semester. Need help writing writing this function. the name of the function is getSales() it is passed by the name of the division. * it ...
[16 replies] Last: Not quite. The variable names are clearly different: neSale neSales... (by Chervil)
by mkory
Please help me figure out the error

Hello here is my problem. My program needs to calculate the average score for an athlete. It needs to allow the user to enter the athlete's number, then ask for...
[1 reply] : for (int i=0;i<numjudge;i++) { cin>>score ; //consider you... (by Glandy)
Quick Question on if statement.

Hello, yeah I am trying to work on program and I feel like there could be a better way of writing this? I am Trying to learn good techniques.t Thanks. ...
[7 replies] Last: I put your code and replaced it with mine MikeyBoy. I think it was la... (by Isolated)
Understanding this code snippet

Looking for a bit of help stepping through this code and how the answer (22360) is achieved? Nothing like this to snap a beginner programming student back to re...
[3 replies] Last: Okay allendks45 I added to the program to help you understand the res... (by whitenite1)
How to censor password? (1,2)

As an extra requirement from this assignment, I need to censor the password of this code. bool login() { const int NumUser=3; string User , Passwor...
[24 replies] Last: If they press the backspace just remove the last character from your s... (by Duthomhas)
by dino93
factorial

how can write a function that calculate int fact(int n) output should be n!
[5 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/ Go to the very botto... (by giblit)
Class inheritance in C + +, need some help

Hello, I need help in writing the program, who can - something across, or similar tasks are examples. I must implement class inheritance Parent Class - object....
[no replies]
solution for a maze *****important*****

Write your question here. /*This program should find a solution for a maze that is taken from an input file and take the entrance coordination and find the pat...
[no replies]
by bimski
Restaurant C++ Help

thanks
[1 reply] : // let's take this as an example case ('a'): empty_tables; /... (by Glandy)
Infinite loop in while statement with cin

Why does this loop run infinitely?? Shouldn't it pause and allow me to make a new entry? Instead it just prints "How many players ....? - Error message 2" infin...
[5 replies] Last: OK, in case anyone else runs across this problem ... The while loop i... (by lvinaja)
Calculating gross pay

I need help getting started with a piece of code assigned to our class. I'm having trouble on where to even start writing. The directions: Design and code a new...
[2 replies] Last: I looked at that tutorial countless times, to see if maybe i would und... (by Jinstry)
Have errors on Connect-4 game

Connect-4 have 5 errors: #include <iostream> using namespace std; //The workings of Connect Four class connectFour{ int player; int score ; int board...
[5 replies] Last: @jakesweater After changing system("clear"); to system("CLS"); , t... (by whitenite1)
by kntg24
Searching a File for Prime Numbers

I've been working on a project to search a file for prime numbers as well as the sum and average of them. The user enters the name of the file that they want to...
[11 replies] Last: That seems to give me an average of 5 and a sum of 23. Did it compile ... (by kntg24)
atm machine

i am doing my final project which is a program that imitates an atm machine. the code is not complete yet but i had trouble with the switch part of this coding....
[4 replies] Last: it worked! :D :D :D now all i need to do is to write all the necessa... (by immano0b)
Have errors on tic-tat-toe game

// Tic-Tac-Toe // Plays the game of tic-tac-toe against a human opponent #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <algorithm> usin...
[no replies]
Not sure what I'm missing.

Hi Everyone! So, my code pasted below shows that my program reads the balance and transactions from a file named checkIn.dat. I'm not sure if I correctly wrote ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, mutexe. This code should work now... Please let me know if ... (by HydRoLani)
Semster Project Help

As a semester project students are required to develop an application using C++ programming language which is similar with PACMAN (game) in behavior. In this g...
[3 replies] Last: I've now made the game, but the problem is that it always blinks afte... (by Disch)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.