Beginners - December 2013 (Page 24)

Help with Return and Void functions

Been fighting this for about an 2 hours now and could use a little help please...getting these errors: payroll.cpp(10): error C2062: type 'double' unexpected p...
[7 replies] Last: You're welcome :) (by MikeyBoy)
Array and String

The purpose of the program is to take the sentence in the "sentence string" and capitalize the first letter in the beginning of each sentence. The program can s...
[1 reply] : At line 21, you make sentenceArray[i + 2] upper-case. However, that... (by MikeyBoy)
help please with array

what's wrong with this code ? on the output " rating 6,8,10" also does array1[array ]++; means that it gives the value let's say i=1; it gives array1 the v...
[9 replies] Last: I'm glad it helped you understand :) (by abhishekm71)
minimum spanning tree

Hi guys, any one here can help me to complete the MinSpanningTreefunction ? a) Minimum spanning tree cost for the graph b)Spanning tree path for the graph. E....
[3 replies] Last: Learn the syntax http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ Also, ... (by ne555)
GUYS WHATS WRONG WITH THESE CODE. CAN ANYONE HELP.. I DID MY BEST IN THIS PROGRAM..

// A PROGRAM FOR PASSENGER FARE, IF AGE IS BELOW 12 THERE IS A 10% DISCOUNT ELSE 5% #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int age; ...
[6 replies] Last: thanks.. i owe you guys.. :)) (by halimdeki)
Let user input date in dd/mm/yyyy format

Well, as the title said, I want to know how to let the user input the date in dd/mm/yyyy format and get the day, month and year as separate integer numbers to w...
[1 reply] : Try declaring the variables as ints and use the extraction operator (>... (by maeriden)
GUYS PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROGRAM..

CREATE A PROGRAM FOR PASSENGER FARE. THE SYSTEM MUST ASK THE USER TO ENTER AGE OF PASSENGER. IF AGE IS BELOW 12YEARS OLD, THERE IS A 10% DISCOUNT, ELSE 5% DISCO...
[7 replies] Last: Sure, no problem. (by MrHutch)
comparison between pointer and integer

float solve (); void DisplayRemarks (); int main() { cout << "\n\n\n"; cout << "\n\t\t\t_____________________________________\t\t\t"; cout << "\n\t\...
[3 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code, to make it readable. If solve... (by MikeyBoy)
Mathematical Error I Can't Find

I have written this code to find the standard deviation of the numbers in a partially filled array. There must be something wrong with my math, because when I i...
[1 reply] : double ave, sum = 0, sum2 = 0, foo I guess you meant: double ave... (by abhishekm71)
Counter function

I am writing a class for a counter. There is a decreaseCount function in that class, which will decrease the count by 1 if the count is 1 larger, and do nothing...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks! I though one "if" must pair up with one "else"! (by athrun200)
Rendering question

Good evening. I have a small individual-made program on my computer. It's simple, but while in theory it's supposed to be modular, customizable, etc., I find...
[no replies]
by kul94j
Need help with displaying my prints from my code

my code needs to check and print whether there are any A, B, C, or passing grades in the scores entered by the user. I've got mostly everything down except my c...
[1 reply] : First of all, use the code tags (the <> button on the right side of th... (by ats15)
Sum of Arrays? Wrong output

Program: Take a 2 numbers that are 4 digits and perform an addition on it. The program should output the sum of the two numbers. In my program I have made two ...
[8 replies] Last: Oh I get it now :D I even had a zero in the beginning which was confus... (by fahmankhan75)
A Mouse driven program

Alright I am still new to programing in c++ and I understand the whole menu driven processes but how would I create something that has the ability to be chosen ...
[2 replies] Last: Alright a GUI alright thank you for your time and response (by ProgramMaster323)
C++ string to Cstring

Hello! I'm wondering how to convert a C++ string to a C string, but without using the the C++ string function c_str().
[4 replies] Last: There is string::copy() http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/stri... (by andywestken)
Test Program Error

Hello! So I have to write several functions in a program to pass certain tests in a test program, but the first function I am writing is causing me some difficu...
[4 replies] Last: Alrighty! Thanks guys. :) (by chelseaR)
c++ (visual studios.) A problem

Alright, So I was coding a program for 10 hours yesterday. It was working perfectly (first game I've ever programmed). When I came on today and ran the program,...
[1 reply] : You'll get more help if you post the code up on a place like pastebin. (by Protomega)
Array string compare with a master string.

How can I read string from an array and compare with a master string ? So far read a 80 lines of string and store in array is not the problem. My problem start...
[5 replies] Last: void compare::mobotuscompareString(std::string compareThis){ std::... (by i like red pandas)
How Much Experience for Competitions

Hello guys! This is my first post on this website and I am completely new to C++. I have been introduced to the USACO competition, but I have heard that it is r...
[no replies]
by dp13
Selection sort not working on string objects

Hello and thank you for any help!
[no replies]
December 2013 Pages: 1... 2223242526... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.