Beginners - December 2013 (Page 22)

by dp13
Passing objects by ref

Hi and thanks for any help! I am trying to pass an array of objects but when I use by ref it wont compile. I know it's probably simple syntax but that's why ...
[3 replies] Last: can you post Invoice.h, also the version of code that fails, i.e what ... (by tipaye)
by aish96
Data file

i need the variable recno to store the last value in the file called rfile . but when i run the following code, the other recno does not get stored in the fi...
[4 replies] Last: oh thanks :D i got it. :) thank you very much :D (by aish96)
by wadee
one or more multiplied symbols

hello everybody I cant find where the error is in my simple code .... #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std ; int Num(int z){ i...
[10 replies] Last: ok, I admit you lost me on this one cire. what does while(value) mea... (by MikeyBoy)
help me

// A PROGRAM FOR PASSENGER FARE, THE SYSTEM MUST ASK THE USER TO ENTER AGE OF PASSENGER.IF AGE IS BELOW 12,THERE IS A 10% DISCOUNT, ELSE 5% DISCOUNT // THE USE...
[5 replies] Last: post your latest code please. in code tags too :) (by mutexe)
Small problem

if you have pointer to char how do you call it for example void create(char *fname)//function prototype char name ="name"; create(name);//should call be...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you :) (by Sharan123)
by Rockyy
How to access Abstract class function

In my code i want to access some function from a Abstract class.I have created a pointer for that class but, tResult CTest_QtFilter::OnPaint() { ICanvas...
[3 replies] Last: So it unnecessay to inherit the class. In that case, where are the ... (by TwilightSpectre)
Calling member function pointers from a member function

Here's roughly what I'm trying to do. //A.h---------------------------- #include <map> class A{ map <int,int(A::*)()> mymap; void fill_map(); public...
[4 replies] Last: That did it, Thanks! For the second time tonight I've over-complicate... (by RadWayne)
Where do i put the curly braces in this else if statement?

#include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main() { int age,china_fare,japan_fare; double discount,discounted_fare; char ...
[1 reply] : if statements check for the condition in the ( )'s is true. If the con... (by RadWayne)
Open File Explorer for .obj file

Hi, I'm a new cpp beginning and would appreciate your help. I am making a 3D renderer using Win32 and currently working on importing .obj files. My program ...
[no replies]
Unexpected output of a Call-by-Reference

In the code below, the function will be first executed, producing the following data x = 15 y = 11 x+y = 26 as there is a "&" operator in front of x, so t...
[4 replies] Last: Do you mean that the computer read from right to left? It may begi... (by cire)
structure

please, why is this not working? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <time.h> #define N 5 #define MAX 9 typedef struct { int m...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=kikolak]but this is C not C++, there is not something like new ... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
Function Pointers

I'm trying to make a map of ints and function pointers. I had never heard of function pointers until now and I have a few questions. Here's what I've got so fa...
[2 replies] Last: Seems I over complicated things and confused myself. Thanks! (by RadWayne)
Help making a hat game

Hi. I have a homework assignment that asks me to make a game (The Hat Game). The game works like this: A hat contains 5 white tokens, 3 blue tokens, and 2 red...
[2 replies] Last: So there are 5 whites, 3 blues and 2 reds. If I draw a white one I get... (by gibnihtmus)
How to display special symbols by using C++?

I accidentally wrote a program that contains some bugs but it displays some lovely symbols. The caption of the output is shown in the link below http://posti...
[1 reply] : Take a look here. http://www.asciitable.com/ Your standard char is ... (by xismn)
Book for creating OS

Which book is the best for creating your own OS ? Free OS
[1 reply] : http://wiki.osdev.org/ (by Duthomhas)
Creating a recursive function help.

So for one of my assignments, I have to call a recursive function that determines if the string is a palindrome. *Examples of palindromes (for this program):...
[3 replies] Last: So a recursive function is a function that calls itself until a termin... (by yulingo)
ODBC and Oracle book

Which book is best for creating C or C++ applications using ODBC and Oracle? ODBC
[no replies]
Writing to a file

How to write to txt file with DOS codepage using class FILE?
[1 reply] : CharToOem(src,dst); (by ArnoldRich)
How can I go to beginning and repeat code?

I'm new to C++, and I made a simple code to multiply two numbers, but I don't know how to return to the beginning to repeat the code without restarting it. Shou...
[15 replies] Last: It should, if I'm right just keep on adding to the stack without ever ... (by Protomega)
by Blank
Bank Charges, help is needed

need help..can someone check out my program and give me advice please A bank charges $10 per month plus the following check fees for a commercial c...
[2 replies] Last: well i just wanted to see if there was a shorter way to code this prog... (by Blank)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 2021222324... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.