Beginners - December 2013 (Page 21)

Array errors?

I'm getting the error message: invalid operands of types 'double' and 'double' to binary 'operator>>' Tried looking at other people with the same message but ...
[6 replies] Last: It's not an equation. It's an assignment. There are no equations in... (by Duthomhas)
by Dyrand
Probably a vector problem

I'm not sure what is wrong with my vector or my functions, but at line 30 in GameCapsule.cpp I suspect the function call to SetElementOnField() is going wrong. ...
[3 replies] Last: I figured out what the problem was, it was a matter of a switching of ... (by Dyrand)
Reference in constructor

Thank you for you all to help me! I have another question about my program. #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace ...
[2 replies] Last: > It says there is an error. > I am confused about it. Would you pleas... (by JLBorges)
Strings Greater then

Hi there, Can someone tell me why slang is greater then str and phrase. Thanks #include <iostream> using std::cin; using std::string; // <- sorry I have to...
[3 replies] Last: > Why is output @world? Undefined behaviour. #include <iostream> us... (by JLBorges)
Need assistance :D

i'm using Visual Studio 2012 and it keep telling me that there is two errors but not in the code itself if i'm not mistaken :/ #include <iostream> #includ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks for replaying ^_^ (by hamada147)
by Minato
Program doesn't work

When i try to run it says that my program doesnt work anymore?(sry for my bad english). Problem's condition: Some pirates have a map that shows where is the tr...
[15 replies] Last: Yes. Thanks a lot. (by Minato)
Function

Prompt how to alter these two arrays to a function, please. # include <iostream.h> # include <conio.h> using namespace std; const int u=3,t=4; int main () {...
[no replies]
by Garion
File Read/Write Operations

I have no idea what a good practice would be for performing read / write operations on large data files (nothing larger than say 100 mb). I'm looking more fo...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the replies. The answer would seem to be: "It depends on w... (by Garion)
by Jon44
Can you use a string variable name as an array identifier?

Ok, I'm not sure if this is even possible with c++, but I've had no luck with searching online. Before I begin, I've only had one computer programming class in ...
[11 replies] Last: Now the above code is still very long - I actually missed out 274 line... (by Chervil)
What is &screen->clip_rect?

And why is it a memory adress if it is already a pointer? //This is the declaration of screen: SDL_Surface *screen = NULL; //And this is the code: ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the motivation! I totally forgot that the reference operato... (by Malaxiz)
How can I improve this event handler class?

Hello, to learn C++, I'm trying to write a simple game. Here's my event handler class: Header: /* * File: EventManager.h * Author: wernerkroneman * ...
[no replies]
Super new at learning C++, what math should I know/be learning?

Hello. I'm very very new at C++ and trying to navigate this abstract and confusing language. I know you need math to complete a major in computer science and ...
[5 replies] Last: Theoretical physics? That sounds so cool ~ it's so inspiring to know ... (by PK Willow)
by Sika
how to insert hex value inside an hex char array

I have a loop let say from 1 to 32. 1 to 32 are decimal in this case. I have to insert the hex value of 1 to 32 in an unsigned char array and then perform send....
[2 replies] Last: All your values are represented by the computer as binary, and hex and... (by yulingo)
Airline reservation system

I am having trouble with my modifyPassenger method. I want the program to display an error message and allow the user to input another id when not found. Curren...
[no replies]
help me for switch statement

Write your question here: I write a small switch statement. once I enter 1, it will show "wrong number". thanks #include <iostream> using namespace std; i...
[10 replies] Last: thanks, mutexe (by Denny001)
by winzer
still having issue with infile.eof() function

Hi Everyone! I have to write a small program that reads a file, remove the old (|)delimiter and replace them by a new one ( ,) so I can convert the file into...
[7 replies] Last: Please use [ code] tags. re: FileConverter -- why wait? Remove it no... (by Duthomhas)
Constructors in derived class

Here is a base class Unit, the constructor is Unit(double v, srting a, double sif, string sia) : value(v), abbreviation(a), siFactor(sif), siAbbreviation(s...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you all so much! Then the problem is solved with your help! Than... (by Fatty527)
dynamic multidimensional array c++ Probleme

Hello everyone first thing is first here is the code #include <iostream> #include <stdlib.h> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv ){ int i...
[4 replies] Last: Thank You sooooooooo much (all of you) i didn't even notice that (by Mr User)
Program to swap letters.

Hello, I've written a program that asks a user to choose a letter to swap from a text file, and then what letter to swap it with, and then output the results i...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks very much Sam Adams. I've run the program and and it works for ... (by Michael 11)
Need help with "while", "for", "if" and "else" loops.

So im stuck on this difficult question. I believe I have most of it done. Just seem to be having a hard time figuring out the sum and average part of the proble...
[8 replies] Last: ah no sorry dude :) That was just a bit of pseudo. (by mutexe)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.