Beginners - December 2013 (Page 19)

RPN Calculator not working

Hello, cplusplus.com I made an C++ header named "math.h", and it just solve an simple expression. I don't get any errors, but when I enter an expression, the p...
[9 replies] Last: Sorry, but I don't speak english (I'm brasillian), but I haven't found... (by iQChange)
Word Search

I need to make a word search program that takes in a txt file like this M J N W B X H S J P L W P I J U T G U I A C L A E Z E D F B J J K Z J J L Y T X E T M...
[7 replies] Last: I changed it up but it still isn't returning any words found #includ... (by alyssnyx)
octal conversion help

Good afternoon all, I need some help with my code here. The goal of my program is to have the user input a number (decimal) and either want a binary or octal co...
[4 replies] Last: Alright fixed the issue with default message. Although I have ran into... (by Queso36)
What is a control type?

What is a control type? I think it is the \n and them commands with \ Not certain There is a string funtion called iscntrl() and I was wondering what is a co...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=CaptainBlastXD]Googled but didn't get anything I don't believe... (by Duthomhas)
C++ SDL question

This is probably a newbish type of question but I was wondering if anyone out there new. Why is it possible in SDL that when creating an SDL_Surface you are ...
[5 replies] Last: Oh okay! Thanks (by Hambone)
Visual Studio program to xcode

I recently started learning c++ in school in the visual studio environment. I am not going to be working on a program on the side at home where I have a mac so...
[5 replies] Last: I'm not entirely sure which information you want. But I'm hoping this... (by danipoak)
Need help with Knight's Tour recursion assignment

Hey there. I am almost out of the woods when it comes to this semester, but I have one last assignment I need to finish for my C++ class and it is the Knigh...
[6 replies] Last: Look at what knightsTour::move() does (let x==0 and y==0 to start): 1... (by heebleworp)
dev syntax help

can some one explain this please? need help ! cin.get(); std::cin.ignore (std::numeric_limits<std::streamsize>::max(), '\n' )...
[5 replies] Last: > cin.get() wil force the output to remain on the screen No, ¿the hel... (by ne555)
Binary Search Return Error

Hello! So here is my code: int binSearch(const vector<double> & data, int elem, int & comps) // a function that conducts a binary ...
[3 replies] Last: Well... there's a lot of issues here. 1) The formatting is pretty mess... (by dem7w2)
by mandax
Beginner with windows form : Adding Two Numbers

Hello, I started to use windows form application in c++, i got stuck along the line, i can do MessageBox::Show("Hello World c++");, but here i wanted to try so...
[2 replies] Last: I do presume you mean something like this private: System::Void but... (by mandax)
gotoxy function

help me in explaining this .... void gotoxy(short x, short y) { COORD pos = {x, y}; SetConsoleCursorPosition(GetStdHandle(STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE), pos); } ...
[4 replies] Last: The variable "q_f" is an instance of the 'question' data type. The und... (by Computergeek01)
Bank Account help!

So I'm doing a bank account program and reading the information for the accounts from a txt file. The program reads the info, decides whether it fits the criter...
[no replies]
by imzxo
Need help urgently!

I'm trying to create a program which takes in different memory sizes for an unknown number of files and: (1) counts how many files there are (2) the total mem...
[1 reply] : [code firstline=13] cin >> fileSize ; count++; // Count... (by ne555)
error C2381: 'exit' : redefinition; __declspec(noreturn) differs

Hi, could someone please take a look at my code? I have this error: "redefinition; __declspec(noreturn) differs" and I don't know how should I solve it. Please ...
[6 replies] Last: That didn't help as much as I thought, but you definitely have a probl... (by tipaye)
Pointers and Characters

Hello! So here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <string> #include <alg...
[3 replies] Last: Yeah, I'm sure the entire point of the exercise was to use the <algor... (by yulingo)
Some help

I am trying to learn C++, and found these projects online. What I have below is as far as I am. Anyone got any tips? Question commented at bottom. #incl...
[1 reply] : Remove global variables. Functions can take parameters and return val... (by keskiverto)
Potion item for RPG

So i am working on an RPG game and currently i am working on potion items right now the only "Potion" i have is an apple. the apple is meant to heal 2 health fo...
[5 replies] Last: and also enumerated types. And vectors, or other container classes.... (by MikeyBoy)
Command Prompt Box Wont Stay Open

Why does my command promt box open really quick,like a flash then disappears everytime i press f5 to run my program?
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ (by mutexe)
for and if

Hello! I'm practicing to code the finding the passed student with greater than or equals to 75. But it prints all the input grades even the other is less than 7...
[5 replies] Last: that still looks a bit weird. I meant something like this: if (sc... (by mutexe)
code for controls

I have been trying to write code for moving controls.. please look at the code and tell me wat i have done wrong. necessary header files have been included ...
[1 reply] : Cleaned it up a bit for you. while(i<79&&j<24) { if(kbhit()) { c... (by kienme)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.