Beginners - December 2013 (Page 14)

by binf
Hey

I want to write a program that defines which is the biggest value between n numbers. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int...
[4 replies] Last: your program seems to do that already. You haven't included any cout'... (by Garion)
Sudoku

This program functions perfectly except for one function. I'm having a very hard time showing the possible values. The functions needs to take all the values in...
[3 replies] Last: Since one of the trickier parts is determining a 3x3 square, here's th... (by heebleworp)
Help about sorting vectors with custom comparator

Dear all, I am trying to sort a vector of object by using std::sort in combination wigh my own comparator. I have tried the following code, which does not...
[2 replies] Last: The sorting needs an actual object or function to use. As you can see ... (by Smac89)
by Garion
Regex backslash delimiter

I'm trying to figure out how to use a backslash as part of a string delimiter using regex. My code is suppose to split a line when it comes across \aBCDEF but ...
[3 replies] Last: interesting. I will have to read more about this "raw" data format. ... (by Garion)
Csv output to modify existing file

I've been working with several I/O operations, such as inputting data from csv files to two dimensional arrays. What I am attempting to accomplish is to read in...
[1 reply] : After a bit more experimentation, I figured it out. The file cannot be... (by CplusplusAcolyte)
by alsade
c3876 error i cant understand why

Write your question here. why does this code gets an error c3876?? #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; class circle { publ...
[4 replies] Last: its always the small things:)...thx very much! (by alsade)
Ahhhhhhh!!!! >:(

Alrighty so its telling me I'm missing a terminating " character. Its saying its an issue with the "Ah yes" line. I have no idea. All my other lines that are si...
[8 replies] Last: If you break it up into multiple lines, do you still get the error? ... (by JLBorges)
by layanM
urgent

how can i make it print " sorry the smoking are is full. Try the nonsmoking " when the smoking count finishes # include <iostream> # include <iomanip> #...
[2 replies] Last: were should i put this code ? (by layanM)
by Kanyl
Calling function inside switch-case, from a different file! How?

Hey! I am new here, so keep in mind that I am also kinda new with the C++ language and therefore need an easy explanation for how to solve my problem! I am t...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you mutexe, I will try this! Yeah, the design might be kinda ba... (by Kanyl)
by aish96
MODIFY DATA FILE

Please help me out. I need to modify data files. The following code does not work, i.e., it re-writes the whole file. Can someone please tell me why? And also, ...
[13 replies] Last: > It's a project I'm doing for school, so I can't use it. Why? std::... (by JLBorges)
Iteration to Recursive

hello all,the practice assignment im working on is to have two functions that will search each character of two strings and compare them to each other, if any c...
[1 reply] : Line 35 is a problem. EDIT - you also might want to wrap the recursiv... (by IceThatJaw)
Some questions about ios::eof in reading a file

Well, I'm writing a program to read in numbers from input.txt and write out the primes in output.txt. Here's what I have: #include <fstream> #include <io...
[3 replies] Last: One more comment, if(fin==NULL || fout == NULL) cout<<"ER... (by Chervil)
by binf
Help

If for example 3 points are give I have to find the number of points which are inside the circle.I wrote the code but I can't get the right one. #include ...
[1 reply] : `people' is uninitialized `people' is never modified (by ne555)
by Hotice
Safely casting a Base to a Derived without using the heap

I am fairly new to the concept of inheritance, and I am constructing a Matrix class and a derived SquareMatrix class. Some of my methods depend on safely ca...
[3 replies] Last: Nice. That isn't a copy constructor though . Copy constructors take ... (by Lowest0ne)
what this code means

what are these both code means: #include<stdio.h> #include<conio.h> Put the code you need help with here. thx
[2 replies] Last: #include tells the compiler to read input from the specified file. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Why cant it get to work?

Basically I have a text file. And I have four long strings, with spaces between them. What I am trying to do is to get those lines and putting them in the ar...
[5 replies] Last: YESHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally man! Thank... (by stuckinthehouse)
try, throw, catch exceptions

Hi all, ive been writing this same code for the last few days. I'm trying to utilize the try, throw, and catch exceptions. So my code compiles as I posted below...
[4 replies] Last: First, looking over my post before, I seem to have made a mistake (I d... (by TwilightSpectre)
by binf
Hey :D

I want to write a code that that is going to read the coordinates and the coverage radius of the base station and then coordinates of n people.Then I want to fi...
[1 reply] : You would have to compare distance to r^2 as you have not rooted the r... (by Script Coder)
newbie stuff, plz help

Can anyone please explain to me this code from line 6 to line 12, i have no idea what is going on( i have never seen such syntax before) class Vehicle {...
[10 replies] Last: http://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/73-passing-arguments-by-reference... (by mutexe)
how to operate on large value taken in form of string

how to opearate on large number taken in form of string ie how to convert it back into number?
[4 replies] Last: I think it's something like this: ... (by closed account iAk3T05o)
December 2013 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 69
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.