Beginners - December 2012 (Page 46)

Help Understanding Pointers

Hey, I think I might be missing something here, but it keeps printing random HEX numbers, not the values of the array. Here's my code: #include <iostream>...
[6 replies] Last: Ah yup, you are right freddy. I forgot the postfix increment returns t... (by Raezzor)
by sirc89
Structs and other stuff

I need help fine tuning the subsequent program. Structs has really confused me and i'm trying my best to figure out what to do. The purpose of this program ...
[no replies]
Help with ifstream/ofstream program homework

Good Evening! I am working on a homework assignment that is having me take a text file, that has been modified by adding 5 to the ASCII code, and re-modifying i...
[6 replies] Last: @ggirl87 while (!inputFile.eof()) The use of eof like that is not... (by TheIdeasMan)
Help me please!!!

In statics when a set of values is sorted in ascending or descending order, its median is in the middle value. If the set contains an even number of values, the...
[5 replies] Last: How to correct what I have? (by Andrew Samy)
Need help with Binary Search Tree Project

Hello, I'm running this project though a online submission service, and it's telling me that I'm dereferencing a null pointer somewhere. Unfortunately, I'm havi...
[3 replies] Last: Really? Sorry, I'll move it to general C++. (by mistabob)
finding the second largest number in array

I'm trying to find the second largest number in my array of 10 and im getting really wierd errors of class.cpp: In function âint secondLargest(int*, int)â: ...
[3 replies] Last: thank you guys the second code worked but, it is giving me the answer ... (by chiquitina21)
by Tate
Help with Practice Exam Problem II - (Arrays)

Hi folks, This is the second practice problem (#46 out of 50 problems) for my final C++ exam that I'm not clear on how to complete. The output is "9." If ...
[2 replies] Last: Sorry, but I don't understand. But thanks for your reply. :-) (by Tate)
kanji system wont show on console

Using Visual Studio 2012 i want to show the characters of the kanji system (japanese). I see that the unicode has some standards about it, so i added "/u8560". ...
[4 replies] Last: It shows the characters you gave, with the exception of the first 3 sp... (by Donanza)
character processing from a file

I'm simply trying to utilize the get and peek functions to process characters from a file. I'm sure there's a much more efficient way to do this but I just want...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the sample file contents. That's reasonable. (I just wonder... (by Chervil)
copying an Array

is there a way to copy the value of an array over to another?
[4 replies] Last: The issues that can arise from this, is that you are assuming that 'ar... (by drognisep)
by Tate
Help with Practice Exam Problem - (Arrays)

Hi folks, I'm preparing for my final C++ exam by completing some practice exam problems, and this particular problem has me stumped. The output is "7." I...
[7 replies] Last: LOL! You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for all the detail. It ma... (by Tate)
VOID???

OK, I usually see in programs when a function is being declared??? I dont really know, but here is an example of when it would be used. void WriteAnswer(int ...
[6 replies] Last: Alright. Thanks everyone! (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Problem with stack

Hi! I'm doing this assignment and I'm stuck and dunno how to proceed. Basically I have 3 classes and I'm trying to work with complex numbers. #ifndef CRpnCa...
[no replies]
Histogram bins addition

I have histogram from bin 0 to 180. which meant for i = 0 to 180 , get histogram value and i want to add histogram bin values 170 to 180 in bin 0 to 10. ...
[1 reply] : for(int k = 0; k <= 10; k++ ) histogram += histogram[180-i]; ... (by toum)
Checkbook File

Hey everyone, I need a little help understanding some of the logic or code behind a project I have to do. I need to read a checkbook register file one line at a...
[1 reply] : I know it seems like a lot of reading, but I just need help understand... (by MrHatchi87)
by ft95
unresolved external

why the compiler show this error to me? Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "double __cdecl calculatecharge(double)" (?calculatecharge@@YANN@...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much (by ft95)
Really need help urgently

Hi, I really need help for an assignment i am doing. I dont want to copy and paste m my code into here as my class mates use this site, and i dont want them usi...
[no replies]
trying to limit the string input

Right now I am trying to limit the input of the string for this zip code evalulator. but I think I am doing string str (5); this part wrong. can some explai...
[6 replies] Last: You don't need to include any string length restriction on the input o... (by Drumachine)
need help understanding line by line + struct

Hello For my last lab for the course, we need to do the following: 1) read a file this file has 5 lines, each line has 3 componenets : first name , last n...
[1 reply] : What error are you getting? Is the text file in the same directory as ... (by Raezzor)
Creating a game

Hello everyone, Here in puerto Rico there is a competition form microsoft call app idol. Basically you create a game for a windows phone. I may have to end up p...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 1... 4445464748... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.