Beginners - December 2012 (Page 43)

Methods

Hi I have a project where we need to create a bank account and its mostly with using methods. Im about 50% done but Im drawing a blank on this certain part. The...
[1 reply] : First, your code is very messy and i did not bother reading it. But fr... (by nano511)
Making text wait to appear on the screen?

Is there any sort of code to where it delays the text from coming on the screen? E.g a line of code prints; a few seconds later the next part of the code print...
[1 reply] : You could write a function that would take in a block of text and brea... (by cnoeval)
Variable sizes

I was reading this thing about variable sizes and it said that 'n bits can store 2^n values' so if n = 8, the answer is 256. (2^8). I dont get what ^ does? I th...
[3 replies] Last: O000000000000000000000HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!... (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Sorting

I'd love a little help. I can sort in ascending order or descending order but not both in my program. Would someone be able to give me a hand? #include <iostr...
[12 replies] Last: Okay, here is darkmaster's version, but with cout. #include <iostrea... (by Forseth11)
by Hucaru
comparing two variables

Hi I am trying to convert a char array at a certain point (i) with a string at a certain point (i). char key2 = "abcdefghjklmnopqrstuvwxyz"; if (key2 ...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind it just suddenly hit me square in the face after a few hours... (by Hucaru)
function

please help me in my coding..this is for my assingmnet.glad if u can help me correct the error //assignment 3 // #include<iostream> #include<fstream> ...
[1 reply] : Well, your last { should be } and you have a semi colon after the line... (by Volatile Pulse)
How to check if number is not numeric?

int main() { short difficulty; cout << "enter difficulty"; if (difficulty < 1 || difficulty > 3) { cout << "Enter a number between...
[11 replies] Last: Ok. Since you've done if statements I'll assume you know what's going... (by MrHutch)
How to work with class members?

I have the following code to test my understanding of headers and source files: Header: #ifndef TESTABLE_H_ #define TESTABLE_H_ class Testable{ public: T...
[11 replies] Last: When you do delete objectA; it doesn't delete the pointer. It delete... (by Peter87)
Expected Primary Expression error- member function woes

I get the error expected primary-expression before 'char' and I have no idea how to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have tried k.getname(char*), k.ge...
[3 replies] Last: That's because you are trying to pass a type to the getname function. ... (by Raezzor)
sort array

so i am new to C+ and i need help understanding and doing an assignment. Here is the assignment: Create a class called SortArray; Your class has a propert...
[4 replies] Last: Hey here's a little reference..."bubble sort algorithm" #include "io... (by dtaqee88)
Using array to get data from txt file

Hi, so im trying to use array to access data in a txt file. Each value in the row corresponds to a different value. This is the data in the txt file.. C14 14 ...
[no replies]
problem in removing an element from vector array

I have two index values in my vector. i want to remove one element from vector. i am doing like this if( (velleys == velleys ) ) { velleys.erase(...
[10 replies] Last: Oh ok ,i catched my bug . " It is a problem if you're trying to acc... (by tina123)
How do I run this program?

I came across this True False program but am having difficulty running it. I was trying understand how it is pieced together. Every entry that gets input is m...
[no replies]
by ft95
parking

Parking Charges) A parking garage charges a $2.00 minimum fee to park for up to three hours. The garage charges an additional $0.50 per hour for each hour or p...
[2 replies] Last: I know!!! but this question is not like that!!!!!!!!1 (by ft95)
by nymin1
confuzzled

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> const int LOOP_LIMIT = 16; using namespace std; int main () { char a,b,c,d,e; char menu_option (int a,...
[2 replies] Last: thanks so much!!! \(^_^)/ (by nymin1)
tableView in editing mode problem

im trying to edit a UITableView with an array from AppDelegate .. all is well until i delete a row from the table and add a new row. the row textlabel is from...
[no replies]
Perfect Numbers (mangled class notes)

I took these notes in class, and mangled them somehow. For the life of me, I can't figure out where the error is. It's meant to find perfect numbers. A perfect ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much! (by barrelroll)
Calling a library

I am trying to use gnu glpk library, and I am doing something wrong. I code in visual studio 2010. To use the library, I have included the #include <glpk.h> ...
[1 reply] : I loved this, no need to reply (by gugge444)
Trying to read unknown file names into an array

Hey guys, I'm working on something and need a hand. I've been lurking the site for a while now, but this is my first post. I'm trying to write a c++ program th...
[14 replies] Last: Okay. So. I've hit a wall. I don't know if what I'm trying to do is... (by Maereax)
Start with C++ 11?

Hello. I'm currently trying to learn C++, and alot of the videos I've been watching on channel9.msdn.com are stressing the use of the new c++ 11 features "now...
[1 reply] : If you're trying to learn C++, then by all means, learn C++11 features... (by Volatile Pulse)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 4142434445... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.