Beginners - December 2012 (Page 42)

by KAB11
Anyway to put a series of strings into an array?

I am making a calendar for my programming class and I was going to put all the months into an array like this. But its not working. string months ={'Januar...
[4 replies] Last: good for you... (by chipp)
Question about enumerations.

So is it possible to set enumeration variables to a certain value inputted by the user? example: enum color {Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Purple} c...
[3 replies] Last: Enums are ideal for grouping a bunch of things together with easily un... (by Volatile Pulse)
Method keeps resulting in error

Im trying to create a bank account. In the bank account the user creates an account and puts whatever amount they want to open account. after account is created...
[3 replies] Last: Might want to try moving this thread to the windows forum or posting o... (by Volatile Pulse)
Iterating through 2 2D vectors, encountering syntax errors

Greetings! Conceptually, I believe I have this down well enough. I'm comparing letters in a string vector to letters in a word search puzzle and seeing if they ...
[3 replies] Last: Really brief psuedo code: for (loop puzzle rows) // row for (loop ... (by Volatile Pulse)
Magic Square

I am tasked in a school assignment to create a magic square. I was given a peice of code that is was supposed to use. So I'm having trouble figuring out how to ...
[6 replies] Last: ok, I had to make one more change to the second for statement where i... (by Aaron1980)
Problem passing file into function

I'm writing a program and I have all of it working properly except the last part, the convert_to_wave function. The problem is that it's in a library, not one t...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you for all of your help. I will talk with my professor on Monda... (by oboeninja)
Surgery (1,2)

I was trying to change something after it has been written which is like removing a peice that has a couple connections quite diffiuclt:) #include "card...
[21 replies] Last: Whew, I'm done for the night thanks for all of the help. I will modify... (by jlillie89)
How to make a simple GUI program?

I've developed a idea that is only worked on GUI program, but I don't know how to construct one and would like to know how. My program will include the foll...
[no replies]
GetAsyncKeyState not working right with letters

In the virtual key codes table on the Microsoft website, 0x41 is value for A, and 0x44 is the value for D. However, this is just printing (0, 0) all the time. ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, GetKeyState does work. (by chrondog)
Array issues!!

I am creating a program that will take up to 25 names from a user as well as 4 grades and return an individual average. Only problem is my average isn't being r...
[4 replies] Last: What issue exactly? I'd suggest deleting the file and trying again. If... (by Volatile Pulse)
New here. Where to start?

Hi guys I just joined and Ive developed an interest in writing code. I would like to know what I need to get inorder to start learning and writing. Thanks.
[4 replies] Last: Personally, I don't suggest any of the Dev-C++ IDE's. I've used Bloods... (by Volatile Pulse)
Bool Functions, am I right?

Heres what I have I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the right path before i submit, thanks Question Write two type bool member functions called atMax a...
[5 replies] Last: I definitely appreciate the assistance, I'm taking the class online an... (by jeckel7234)
Crash/Loss of Resources

Ok, so I was programming, and then my compiler suddenly crashed. It was working fine before, but now, when I compile it, it no longer works. Here is my CL: C...
[4 replies] Last: Switch IDE's. It's an issue with the IDE itself. Are you using Orwell'... (by Volatile Pulse)
How can i improve this program

Hi All. So this is a program that i have written. I am rather new to c++ and for homework we were asked to write this program. This has taken me hours and is mi...
[2 replies] Last: no idea if it is related to the numcheck(), that checks the user to in... (by mcoliver88)
by zawcpp
Using windows DWORD

Here is my error: error C2664: 'PCEOpen' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'const DWORD *' to 'DWORD *' The windows typedef for DWORD is unsigned long, which...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for the reply Athar. I tried to declare detail_error outside th... (by zawcpp)
Not defined in scope... multiple definitions

I'm using Code Blocks and SDL. Yes I am fairly new to C++, but I do have a basic understanding to it. Reason: In efforts to clean my project up. I've ma...
[2 replies] Last: THANK YOU! I actually came across someone saying use extern in other t... (by SyKrysus)
Help with Yes or No question

One of my first programs. Just a simple one that'll keep asking me my age until I say no "N" i dont want to try again or I guess right. I know it's lame, but a...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! I've been racking my head on this for a couple hours now. (by garybusenlehner)
by ziggy
Loop giving a segmentation fault

Hey guys, I've been on here for a while now but just now i registered because I don't know how to fix this after reading numerous posts.Btw you guys helped me a...
[4 replies] Last: Erm, there's no reason for the loop to be there. Why don't you just r... (by cire)
Char and Int?

I know what they are, but why use char for an integer when you could use int? With int, you can just assign a number to it, but with char you have to use an int...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you for good answers! (by closed account LN7oGNh0)
Instantiating a global object?

I have a class in Player.h called Player. I have included it in the Main.cpp and outside of the main function i have written the line Player player; . ...
[10 replies] Last: http://www.sfml-dev.org/old-forum/viewtopic.php?t=6254 (by Peter87)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 4041424344... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.