Beginners - December 2012 (Page 39)

Does this work?

This program has been running for quite some time now! I am looking for the first triangle number that has over 500 factors. I hope I haven't waited all this ti...
[18 replies] Last: This is my code now: #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
Static vs Dynamic Binding

Is there any advantages (memory requirements, program performace, storage, etc) of dynamic binding over static binding? Better to use one over the other??
[no replies]
single dimension array in a class

i can not for the life of me find out how to put a single dimension array in a class. i have to do this: In your program, define a class called Tracker that ...
[no replies]
by Garu
Convert char to char*?

char var1='a'; char *var2= (char *)&var1; Not working Help!!!
[5 replies] Last: That is correct regarding the null terminator. This string "a" is a... (by Chervil)
Output not displaying correctly

I have read thru the archives, as well as my C++ book, and still cannot get my program to display properly. Can anyone point me is the right direction? I ha...
[10 replies] Last: All I needed was the 5 mins away and came back and saw the mistake. T... (by dudeman007)
by nymin1
no display

our build succeeded but nothing is displaying when we go to debug the program...help! #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> const int LOOP_LIMIT = 16; ...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ You never call your fun... (by Moschops)
by nymin1
illegal cases and breaks

i keep getting errors saying my cases and breaks are illegal because they can only be used in a switch...could anyone help me figure out why I'm getting these e...
[7 replies] Last: Please use code tags. (by Raezzor)
Fibonacci

I have been working on this for a long time and i just do not understand how I am supposed to do it!!!!!!! I thought this sad bit of code up, but obviously it ...
[1 reply] : Similar question here (I recognise the 4000000) http://www.cplusplus.c... (by Chervil)
Arrays and Pointers assistance, please? (1,2)

So...In my current assignment, the user enters a word/string that is to be "suffixed" then to sort the suffixes.... I've written my sorting algorithms but they...
[22 replies] Last: #include <string> #include <iostream> using namespace std; void dis... (by masterofpuppets690)
by cast09
Array of struct help

Im having trouble figuring out how to take a previously done program and converting the entire thing int an array of structure. Any hints and clues that can hel...
[4 replies] Last: yea i also made a mess of it the first time around i went back and pre... (by cast09)
How do i sort a class in a vector?

Hey guys How do i sort a classes in a vector? This is my example code: #include <vector> #include <string> #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> using na...
[1 reply] : std::sort uses operator< to compare two objects by default so you coul... (by Peter87)
linker errors in inheritance exercise

i'm doing an exercise from the deitel c++ book. i think i have the implementation figured out, but i'm having some errors when i try to compile it. i'm getting ...
[3 replies] Last: General rule of thumb, if there is more than one .cpp file, the projec... (by Volatile Pulse)
Class Matrix not working

Hello, I'm new to C++ and just started my trip with it. I m trying to write a class of Matrix which is NxN dimension. I have to implement constructor, destr...
[4 replies] Last: I love you :* Thank you ! (by PrawieJakMatematyk)
Transfer files

I have an assignment that asks: Write a C++ program that reads text from a file and decodes the file by subtracting 5 from the ASCII value of each character....
[2 replies] Last: Oh wow, that was a simple fix. Thanks for the help! (by skewljanitor57)
Unresolved Externals?

So I've written out a program that is supposed to convert hexadecimal numbers to normal numerals. however, i keep getting this error: Error 6 error LNK2019: ...
[1 reply] : Your prototype: double cNum(char a , int size); Your definition: d... (by Volatile Pulse)
Open MP

Hi, all! I am trying to write my first program, using Open MP. I must search in a text using different number of threads. In order to find matches I must divi...
[no replies]
by aminaa
conversion's error!!

I don't know why when I put int* p=15; cout<< p; it gives me : invalid conversion int to int* but when I put: char* p="azqs"; cout<< p; the result will ...
[2 replies] Last: Ah OK; thank you so so much; I inderstand from you that "azqs" is a st... (by aminaa)
by A C
What is wrong with _TCHAR*

#include <stdarg.h> #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> #include <string> using namespace std; int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks everyone. This is my very first class on C++ and I try to learn... (by A C)
Inputting a user-specified number of points and manipulating a specific one

I'm terribly sorry for the long and probably unhelpful title, but I really can't think of a better way to put it. I have a problem here, and I think I know h...
[6 replies] Last: You know, I didn't do much better in geometry than I'm doing in C++ ;) (by TeiRaven)
by malt
reading list of integers from text file

I'm writing a program which first prompts the user to input the name of a text file to open which contains a list of integers. The numbers must then be sorted. ...
[4 replies] Last: Okay. When I change list to an int I get this error: "no match for 'o... (by Volatile Pulse)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 3738394041... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.