Beginners - December 2012 (Page 28)

simple aray help :s

so im really new to coding and have made a very simple program but i get this when i run it "5.9878e-039" this is my code #include <iostream> using namespac...
[5 replies] Last: And do not forget, you declare an array with 3 positions, but the arra... (by ggarciabas)
Help with Rabbit population program

Hello all. I'm new to C++ and I'm struggling with a homework assignment. It reads as follows: A pair of newly born rabbits (one male, one female) is put in...
[4 replies] Last: You might be able to use two recursive rules for a geometric series.O... (by jlillie89)
Desperately need help for project (1,2,3)

Hi I have to create this program, which reads commands from a text file and draws them. I have split them into stages. The problem is reading text from t...
[54 replies] Last: It works now, i just added chdir to the project directory and then it ... (by asda333)
After 5 long hours, it doesn't compile.

If anyone can help me, that would be wonderful. #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; class studen...
[11 replies] Last: Looks like the #include for stringstream is missing, #include <sstrea... (by Chervil)
Read/write loop server/client

I have a read/write loop between a client and a server on a TCP socket, and I can't see why the loop is being gone through twice for every write from the client...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, how stupid of me! Thanks for pointing it out. (by Ozymandias0)
Rounding

How can I write a program that takes an array of float and prints its contents to the nearest integer using print integers and void integer?
[8 replies] Last: how about just typecasting to int? (by Darkmaster)
Unresolved external symbol..Help please

My program calls for me to create a base class Clock, a derived class AccurateClock, and to access them in main, but I'm getting two "LNK2019: unresolved extern...
[8 replies] Last: Oh, wow, sorry about that. I thought that when you write that the comp... (by jmeadors24)
Is that possible to have a function with function as its parameter?

I have see function can have variable, address, and class as its parameter, but is it possible for a function to use function as parameter? Like: Int func...
[3 replies] Last: Yes, a function can take a function pointer as argument. #include <io... (by Peter87)
One error

Everything compiles but it just repeats "Enter Test Score #1" and doesnt move on, why? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <stdio.h> #include ...
[3 replies] Last: Please don't create duplicate thread ! (by Felicia123)
Losing my mind with Functions!

I have been trying to figure out functions for a while now, and I have been working with a specific program for a week, and have been unable to figure out what ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much to both of you. You have been Great Help!!! (by Rhaseley)
Whoops, another input problem

How do I make it so when the person enters a Test Score it only lets them enter a number 1-100? Here is my code: #include <iostream> #include <string> //Stri...
[4 replies] Last: i don't know why you set your g1 into true and false you should set ... (by Felicia123)
Can someone explain this code for me?

// static members in classes #include <iostream> using namespace std; class CDummy { public: static int m; static int n; CDummy () { n++...
[8 replies] Last: Other than making multiple declaration of the class, how do we use the... (by selenium)
Books

I just picked up "Code Complete" by Steven McConnell, looks to be very imformative. Any one have suggestions on other books that would be beneficial to read to ...
[1 reply] : I think that "Pro C# 2010 and the .NET 4 platform" by Andrew Troelsen ... (by vlad from moscow)
Temporarily Converting Strings Cases

Hi, my name is Patrick. I've been stuck on this problem for 3 hours now and if anyone could help or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks so much for the help. I ended up fixing it by making copies of... (by leebochang)
LNK2019

I am trying to copy some code over from a pdf but when I run it I get this error. error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl printArray(int * co...
[6 replies] Last: I found it! You were right about it being the printArray function. L... (by FireNutz)
Formatting txt file: unwanted empty line and need space before and after punctuation

Hey, All! Goals: 1. Getting rid of comments *** DONE! 2. Ensure a space before and after punctuation marks **NOT CONSISTENTLY COMPLETE 2. Getting rid of e...
[3 replies] Last: . I commented out the portion that formatted the spacing for "(", ")"... (by Tuta816)
delete last node of linked list

Can I delete the last node(that points to null) of the singly linked list in constant time?
[1 reply] : Probably not, since you need to iterate through a singly linked list t... (by pogrady)
I'm trying to strcpy two cstring arrays into one. When I output my name it gives me this "╠".

//final review //==================================================== #include <iostream> #include <cstring> using namespace std; //===================...
[8 replies] Last: SUCCESS!! That was the problem sir:) Thanks a million! (by Blantron)
Input Problem

When someone goes to put in their name I get an error, for example if they just put in "John" and then hit enter everything acts fine, but if they put a first a...
[15 replies] Last: I'm not sure. Sorry dude. Good luck. (by jlillie89)
program using classes

so i've been working on this program for a couple hours now and i am completely stuck. i've contacted my professor, but he only repeats himself. here is wha...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 1... 2627282930... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.