Beginners - December 2012 (Page 26)

one dimensional

help me plssss.. i really dont know whast will gonna be next someone help me the problem is this... write a program that allows the user to enter students n...
[9 replies] Last: I could not understand my code :( (by closed account 4y79216C)
by Shrpie
A basic Calculator

#include <iostream> #include <iostream> using namespace std; class burito{ public: void multiply2(){ burito burito2; burit...
[1 reply] : Would that be a good basic calculator for command prompt? It depends ... (by coder777)
How can I change the Background Color in C++?

Hi guys, Sorry for my bad english, but i'm swiss... =) So, my Problem is, i wrote a Program in C++ Win32. It always came in this Black box on my Screen. H...
[1 reply] : to change the colors you may use the system dependend console function... (by coder777)
Single two dimensional array data file HELP

I'm trying to read numbers from a data file into array but when I compile and run nothing shows up. what did I do wrong. I have to do all the reading from the ...
[2 replies] Last: I did. I tried everything and I kept getting errors -8.589933e+008 (by rduckett91)
Interpreting C++ stub code

I want to write code to complete a C++ stub generated automatically from a definition file. I can do this by simply following instructions, but as a non-C++ pro...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks, folks. (by neilhiggins)
'void*' is not a pointer-to-object type

Please look at the situation where I'm wishing view data using pointer to void, and it displays following error ['void*' is not a pointer-to-object type]. #i...
[1 reply] : You tell the compiler to dereference ptr, but since ptr is void* it ha... (by Zhuge)
Help me ! C++ !

so this the output .. How many numbers? 4 Enter a positive number: 4 Enter a positive number:0 Invalid Input ! Try again! Enter a positive number: 6 Enter...
[7 replies] Last: Thank You! (by justinroi21)
File read help

This was an assignment in class, already been graded on it, and I'm just trying to get info on how to fix my single issue.. I've already taken this to a couple ...
[6 replies] Last: You could stop looking after you read a paycode higher than the one yo... (by Zhuge)
vector operator [] not recognized as string

vector<string> messages; messages.push_back("Hello!"); if(strcmp(messages ,"JOIN_QUEUE") == 0){ } Why doesn't strcmp work?
[2 replies] Last: Perfect! Thanks! (by LuckyIsDog)
Error Message When using c-strings

Hello, today I had an assignment regarding c-strings. It states, "Write a program that prompts the user to enter a strings and outputs the string in uppercase...
[7 replies] Last: That is because cin >> only ever reads user input until the first spac... (by Hippogriff)
by Suze
First program, need help to open file

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> #include <cctype> #include "main.h" using namespace std; int main(void) { ifstream play...
[1 reply] : use code tag if not hard to see your code 1 by 1 . see beside your for... (by Felicia123)
Class SavingsAccount compiles but doesn't show

I wrote a program that fit's my teacher's wants - it compiles, but it doesn't show anything I wrote except two cout I threw in to see where the program has gott...
[1 reply] : That class declaration is pretty hard to read with your coding style. ... (by Raezzor)
Loop Problems

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; // Function prototypes void avgGrd(int, int, int, in...
[2 replies] Last: Enter file name: class Fall 2012 Student Grade... (by Pianokey09)
writing from one file to another

Hello, I've seen plenty of posts on how to write to a file, or how to read from a file, but not any on how to read from one file and then write to another. Here...
[7 replies] Last: ... I can only recommend a beginner level textbook at this point. (by Cubbi)
Global Variables/Pass by Reference melts my brain

I'm having a lot of trouble wrapping my brain around this snippet of code from class- I think I understand it, but when I substitute different numbers in, I am ...
[12 replies] Last: I just wanted to thank you guys again- I took my final today and a var... (by barrelroll)
Extended Ascii not printing correctly

My code is this: #include <iostream> int main(void) { std::cout << "É\n"; return 0; } But the character printed out is not "É". What gives? Edit: ...
[1 reply] : Depends on your platform. It's obviously not Linux, which supports Un... (by Cubbi)
String Reverse F(x) - Problem w/String Literal Pointers

I'm trying to make a reverse string in place function. I got it to work, but I wanted to get fancy w/pointers and now get "Segmentation Fault (core dumped)". ...
[3 replies] Last: Okay, thanks a lot. I was trying to implement one myself for fun and t... (by SUNderived)
Palindrome Check

Can you please review my program, it reverses the words just fine but I need help with telling the user if it is a palindrome or not . Anything is really appre...
[2 replies] Last: Some remarks about the code. Function compress can be written as str... (by vlad from moscow)
Functions and Local Variable help...

Hi, new here, and preeetty new to C++, I need to write a Lottery program for my Foundation Degree, and I have seen my friend have difficulty as he didn't use an...
[15 replies] Last: You ´re wellcome!!!! Consider also trying this: http://www.cplusplu... (by Marcos Modenesi)
Help with structs?

Hello, I'm newly registered here but I use this site for reference a lot. I recently started my second semester in college and with it came a new set of rules f...
[1 reply] : dispCourses() expects an array of CourseGrade elements as first argume... (by maeriden)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.