Beginners - December 2012 (Page 19)

why is my code giving errors? :(

Hello! This is my firs time programming and I need a little help. I had to write a program that would run on the following commands: C:\> yourprog.exe 10...
[4 replies] Last: You should read what TheIdeasMan wrote. And to handle command line pa... (by Zhuge)
Accounting Program

-Accounting program using a .txt file chosen at random by my professor -The .txt file will have a list of made-up bank accounts with the three columns in the...
[3 replies] Last: I'm assuming you're on a Windows PC. Your issue is mixing cin and getl... (by Volatile Pulse)
Infinite loop

So I'm a little new to c++ and have had this problem with programs I try to loop with. When I run it and select the option to try again the output( 0 is too sma...
[16 replies] Last: Alright thank you again for your help and effort. (by Ssxmyth)
Im new to C++, and need help.

I am very very new to C++ and need some help with this code. #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv ) { ...
[3 replies] Last: No, when everyone started, they were on the level you are on now. Just... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Can you please write the code for this problem??

hey all :D I want to write this program using (For loop) "Write a program that gives you the time table (from 1 to 10) of any number the user inputs." ca...
[6 replies] Last: /* Usandfriend's Program for Times Tables. */ #include <stdio.h> ma... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
calculate total lobster

why my coding did not show correct answer? ==" This program will calculate the total lobster caught for numbers of fisherman. Number of fishermen : 3 ...
[2 replies] Last: Why the 0.00? Line 38. Delete that: cout << "\nTotal price of lo... (by closed account 18hRX9L8)
Unlimited using

I am trying to do a program , witch open web-sites . But i have a problem on it . I can't configure how to make this code : #include <cstdlib> #include <ios...
[13 replies] Last: > is there any way to change the quit command ( -1 ) to something else... (by JLBorges)
GUI

So when do I start making programs that have Windows and buttons and grafics?? I´m programming in Code::Blocks and I´m learning all the logic, functions, mat...
[6 replies] Last: @Thumper Ya, I haven't done more then a little bit of dabbling with MF... (by Raezzor)
Problem with assigning variables

Hello all, I would just like to find out why is it that when I try to assign the string "hello" to the variable myarray .mystring, the string "hello" gets assi...
[4 replies] Last: A 6 in the second index is out of bounds, which happens to overflow in... (by Zhuge)
Error: "(variable) not initialized. this must be wrong!

I have a project to simulate a movie theater program that will track customers entering the theater between what line they are in or what movie/seats, etc. ...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind, it seems that after hours of tweaking this code, as soon as... (by mongie52)
Look for structural/logic errors

I have to variants of the same program, below. They run, but return invalid data when I run them. The code is as follows with the results posted below that. ...
[3 replies] Last: in your first code example, on line 48. piecestot = piecestot + piec... (by Marcos Modenesi)
Inheritance-call function from base class

Hello, Thank you for the last time when i got a solution for my c++ begginer problems. Today i learnt about inheritance and i tried to apply some things. He...
[6 replies] Last: Prefer to use constants to #define macros in C++. Without going into ... (by cire)
Header file ostream/istream problems

Trying to compile and link a few files; stuff from Stroustrup's Programming, Principles and Practice regarding the Date class In the header file I have the f...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah thanks ne555 Maybe Amnesiac will figure out the solution now? I w... (by kevinkjt2000)
why a big space when tokenizing?

vector<string> messages; char *token; cout << "QUEUEING UP!" << endl; token = strtok(buffer, ";"); while(t...
[no replies]
Python scripting language

I am pretty much new to python and I didnt understand why there is a python 'command line', and a python 'IDLE'. Or python 'GUI'. What are the differences betwe...
[5 replies] Last: Hey, what about the people in this forum: http://python-forum.org/boar... (by cnoeval)
Error:no match for "operator-" i?

srand ( time(NULL) ); if (u==1) { o=rand() % 10; i=RazvanDMG+o; bphp=bphp-i; cout<<endl; cout<<BO<<" used Shash!"<<endl<<BP<<" takes ...
[6 replies] Last: Well really we cant tell you anything from the code you posted what we... (by closed account 3qX21hU5)
Minor problems for a minor program

Hi, I picked up a book about simple game programming, so I was teaching my brother what little I know. When we tried to compile, we got this... Mythiquest...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for all of the quick feed back! I love this forum and its inhab... (by Raven396)
Why does this work?

Just got to the point in Learning functions and did the end of chapter test and got it right, but then made a change in the function DoubleNumber changing the i...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the quick replies, yes, I was using (int z) for the first r... (by NosmoKing)
class isssue

hello guys can you help me ? why is this all jacked up? #include<iostream> #include <string> #include<cctype> using namespace std; class personType ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi thanks I have solved it . (by jlillie89)
by nnxen
Array of classes, call function in all

Hi, I have an array of classes. For arguments sake, we will say they are: MyClass EachClass ; Therefore creating 100 instances of class 'MyClass' calle...
[1 reply] : You can use the ctor MyClass EachClass = MyClass( some_value ); ... (by TheGrayWolf)
December 2012 Pages: 1... 1718192021... 65
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.