Beginners - December 2011 (Page 8)

References and Functions

So I just learned how to put use references and functions together. Put I keep getting a problem. #include<iostream> #include<string> #include<cstdlib> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: You are trying to convert a string into an int implicitly. That is a n... (by IceThatJaw)
Trouble with ifstream...

I have problem loading this .txt 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1...
[9 replies] Last: I want to destroy unused map when player leaves it to free up resource... (by closed account 10oTURfi)
get hands in poker doulbe linked list c++

I have a class Hand, which will hold (if it's finished) 5 cards. Those cards are pointer. I have another class Deck, here I have all my cards. In my class Deck,...
[3 replies] Last: Seg faults are actually good. They tell you that your program is flawe... (by IceThatJaw)
by Drejj
Write/read strings to/from file

Ok, so I need this program to write files on the first run, and that part works. But then I need it to be able to read from the file after it has written them. ...
[3 replies] Last: Is there anyway I can have it read the entire document? it only reads ... (by Drejj)
A website talking about algorithms and data structures ??

I am just a beginner to algorithms and data structures and I am looking for a website that has tutorials about DS&A. It's better that the website has implements...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.eternallyconfuzzled.com/ (by closed account DSLq5Di1)
How to generate random number integer

Hi guys. Can you explain how to generate random numbers of integer. I don't know how to do it. Please help. Thank you.
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for the quick reply. It helps a lot. And thank you for expla... (by radit91)
by Drejj
Function within a function?

Hi. I'm making a text based rpg and I need to be able to run a function within a function, and then be able to continue with the other terms of the original fu...
[5 replies] Last: Well damn, if that had been explained in the book I have I would never... (by Drejj)
by miscue
Array for TicTacToe (2D) (1,2)

I have been working on this program for a while, and trying to get help from many different sources. I have a math disability and have a hard time with some of ...
[36 replies] Last: Thank you BenjaminD, and Happy Birthday to your brother! I got it fixe... (by miscue)
Factoring Program - Strange Error

So I wrote a polynomial factoring program just to see if I could do it. Everything went fairly well, the program acts as it is suppose to except when the c in A...
[8 replies] Last: I figured I would also attach the output to show that it did indeed fi... (by Robert Lorenzen)
by Micron
My Program is not Working

I'm not sure why my program can't work. Can you help me fix it and improve it? #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int height;...
[2 replies] Last: Thx! It did work! (by Micron)
making the output in one column

i have problem adjusting to make the output in one column. Can anyone give me on how to make the output arranged in columns? Thanks
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { char array ... (by Aramil of Elixia)
char* [] & string []

Hello, What is the difference between a char* array and a string array.
[5 replies] Last: i get it did you include the string header? (by Aramil of Elixia)
by Nati
I get en error, whats wrong?

Hello, What wrong in the code below? i got en error like this: "excepted '(' before ',' token" in first constructor ( Student(string ,int ,int); ) In addit...
[2 replies] Last: well, thank you very much!!! i fill so stupid... :-D (by Nati)
Can I change the icon in SFML?

Does exist in SFML a function or something which can change the icon of my application? If it doesn't, in API does exist one? Thanks.
[no replies]
by skew
type conversion in c++

i just stumbled over the following code snippet char c = 'a'; int i = (int) c; // 1 int j = int(c); // 2 cout << i << endl; cout << j << endl; // b...
[6 replies] Last: I'll dive The expression int(c) is covered in the standard under ยง... (by Cubbi)
by MooBud
Creating a program to output a text string.

I'd like to write a console program that will allow me to select options (1, 2, 3), then select another set of options (1, 2, 3). Then output a concatenated str...
[11 replies] Last: Thanks for the help guys. The problem I am having now is getting my v... (by MooBud)
output of function using in other class

Hello, I have multiple classes. 2 of them are named ListPlayers and Player. Well you can see player more as a struct. It has the name of the player, the amount ...
[3 replies] Last: Simply deducing from the fact that you don't get compiler errors I gue... (by eypros)
question on template class

Hi I have a question. I am a beginner in C++. In one of my programming assignment, we are going to make our own version of STL vector class. template<cl...
[3 replies] Last: Disch, eypros, thanks for your answers~! (by mark5907)
GetPrivateProfileInt counter

hi i have this and its giving me errors 'WritePrivateProfileStringA' : cannot convert parameter 3 from 'int' to 'LPCSTR' int readCount = GetPrivateProfileIn...
[3 replies] Last: I've given you the answer, documentation explaining my answer, and adv... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Calculator fail.

#include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main(){ cout << "Press 1 for addition.\n" << "Press 2 for subtraction.\n" << "Press 3 for ...
[6 replies] Last: sorry typo thats what i meant (by Aramil of Elixia)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 678910... 47
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.