Beginners - December 2011 (Page 26)

by Shmamy
enum and value-returning.

So I kind of understand bits and pieces of this and I have some of it done but I don't have all of it and I want to make sure that I'm not doing it completely w...
[5 replies] Last: A more efficient way to convert a continuous series of integers to any... (by bbgst)
by Amy269
Void function problems

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; //functions double getSalary(); void calcFedTaxes(double salary, int FWT, int FICA, double...
[6 replies] Last: void calcFedTaxes(double salary, int FWT, int FICA, double &totNetPay... (by Lynx876)
Array Values

Hello All, I have tried searching through the forums for this with no luck. I need to find the highest and lowest values inside an array without changing th...
[12 replies] Last: This works fine, passing by reference and showing the values have chan... (by Lynx876)
Random numbers

I'm making a rpg game, and working on the combat atm. How would I do a random number between 2 int's? Like a bronze sword would do damage 1 - 3, while a iron...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <ctime> #include <cmath> int main() { ... (by Peter87)
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

Hey guys, I'm trying to work through an exercise dealing with class templates but i'm receiving this error: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: ...
[2 replies] Last: Appreciated, thank you. (by Redshift)
by panman
I have one error message it reads c2227: left of ->Text must point to class/struct/union/generic type.

textConvertedCelsius->Text = Convert::ToString(iConvertedCelsius);
[1 reply] : Sounds like textConvertedCelsius is not a pointer to a class/struct/un... (by hamsterman)
How to use if statment?

I'm new to programming and need some help. I want to use 'if statment' in which it tells the user that the entered value is not found.see below #include "st...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks cobalt it worked.and now i want to add another 3 cities.what i ... (by closed account G8hb7k9E)
Question on cin.get() and cin.get(discard)

On my practice exam, I was faced with the following question: Consider the following declaration. char charArray ; char discard; Assume that the input is: Hel...
[3 replies] Last: tfityo is right! I was wrong and I also misread the question. cin.get... (by Peter87)
Help with my c++ problem (Not asking to DO my homework, just asking for HELP with it)

ok,so i have given an assignment and i don't know where to start. Here it is: Write a program to help a local restaurant automate its breakfast billing syste...
[2 replies] Last: Oh, i see. So no need array, huh? Well, thank you for your reply, Sir.... (by cplusx2)
need help with problem

I am new to C++, and i am really lost in this chapter of fiends and overloading, have no idea how to program this, can anyone provide make the code for this so ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks a million, and yes i should get c++ for dummies lol the text bo... (by bigbluerobo)
Structures and reading from a file

Hello all I need a little help finishing my assignment.I am given a text file that contains information about vehicles in an auto dealership. The vehicle rec...
[no replies]
Sorting Arrays

i know about bubble sorting but what im trying to do is swap the values that i want but it doesnt work i dont know why can anybody help? #include "stdafx...
[6 replies] Last: yeah its not working here this is what it is supposed to do ~~~~~~~~~~... (by Cokeaholik)
Wall in Allegro

Hello everyone. I started to learn Allegro library in C++, which is specialized for game development. But I can't find answer to this question anywhere - how ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, I use allegro for most of my development. You need to do collisio... (by rocketboy9000)
writing to file, then edit later

how to i go about writing to a file, possibly with a & then going to that spot and editing it, random access, idk? i dont even know what code to write. the a...
[no replies]
by kw1991
recursive function to reverse a word

I need to make a recursive function that will output a word in reverse order ie input : hello, output : olleh heres what i have so so far: void ReverseTe...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=rageoutfool]Also in your main(), you wouldn't want to declare w... (by m4ster r0shi)
need help with problem using everloading operator

I am new to C++, and i am really lost in this chapter of fiends and overloading, have no idea how to program this, can anyone provide make the code for this so ...
[1 reply] : An operator is just a fancy looking name for a function. That's it, th... (by hanst99)
problem using inharitence

i need code for this problem so i can understand how its done: A CollegeCourse class includes fields representing department, course number, credit hours, an...
[no replies]
Dynamic structures

Hi, may be somebody can give me the idea, where can be a problem. Whenever I output after taking the value from input stream (line 17) it works fine, but if I ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, this way it works. (by alex101)
Help passing around objects members

Hello, I am working on a final project for class and am having a little trouble. When I create my hero or monster object and assign it values, which is what i ...
[3 replies] Last: Got it, I did not get to constructors yet, just glanced at them. I cha... (by randallsm83)
Loop of hell

I'm trying to make a program for class that should repete till the user enters Q to quit, thproblem is every time I do it makes the program repet the last outpu...
[1 reply] : [co de] "Please use code tags" [/co de] int yearIn; That variabl... (by ne555)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 2425262728... 47
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.