Beginners - December 2011 (Page 21)

help flag controlled loops

im not sure what to do with task 3 its suppose to take names and and points and arange them in smallest to largest with totals added up //----------------...
[2 replies] Last: //start task 3 code------------------------------------------------... (by coley909)
Strings and Arrays

Hey Guys, I recently got a problem where I was given a message which had several of the letters repeated several times due to a faulty transmitter. I had to re...
[4 replies] Last: iostream shouldn't have the .h (by Aramil of Elixia)
RPG Game

Hey guys! I'm just wondering how long will it take before I could fully develop a small RPG game like a small version of RuneScape. I know the extreme bas...
[5 replies] Last: Yes you can. However you have to understand HOW its doing it. Keep in ... (by WinwordExonar)
How to use cin.ignore()??

How to use cin.ignore()??
[1 reply] : http://cplusplus.com/reference/iostream/istream/ignore/ What's the pr... (by hamsterman)
Why does this fail? how to fix this?

#include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip> using namespace std; bool quadratic(int, int, int, double, double); int main() { int a, b, c;...
[9 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip> using namespace ... (by anshu875)
Simple Program Crashes

Can you see what is wrong with this program? 0 causes an exit which is normal. The program also seem to run fine with input less than 7, if I enter 7 or more I ...
[2 replies] Last: Silly me :/ Thanks (by Integrater)
LINKED FILES

Good day! I want to create a program that will allow the user to access other programs. For example: What program do you wish to open? Dictionary Thesauru...
[1 reply] : It depends, will you create one executable for each program, or one fo... (by bartoli)
Switch case help

Hello i have made this Switch but the problem is that its clwasy running the first case 1 but i want it to run the 1st and then 2nd an so on. int All = 1...
[9 replies] Last: i got it to work with this code thanks guys void MouseClick(int X, ... (by poohpooh)
mouse_event array random

hi how would i use mouse_event with a array and pick it random? thanks int MouseArray = {26623.6, 28756.9, 30975.5, 33364.8, 35668.8, 38143.4}; mous...
[no replies]
problem:my little app of calculation

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace std; void cutstring(string & p,int &pos,double & opd1,double & opd2) { ...
[no replies]
by Azat
task

Can you give me any tasks?
[8 replies] Last: understand thank you (by Azat)
need if that returns #digits from loop

im am trying to create an if statement to the effect of if(msgIDcount <= 9) { msgIDmidSpaces = 2; msgIDinttotextSpaces = 1; } else { msgIDm...
[no replies]
calculating max sum of a sub rectangle in an array

given a 2d array, how can we calculate the maximum answer that any of its subRECTANGLE could give when that subrectangle's elements are summed up. i came up wi...
[no replies]
Project Euler #2

Each new term in the Fibonacci sequence is generated by adding the previous two terms. By starting with 1 and 2, the first 10 terms will be: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 1...
[2 replies] Last: @firedraco: int can store up to 2^31 about 2 billions. @liondancer... (by tfityo)
inheritance problem

i need code for this problem so i can understand how its done: A CollegeCourse class includes fields representing department, course number, credit hours, an...
[1 reply] : class CollegeCourse { //... }; class LabCourse : public Coll... (by IceThatJaw)
Help creating a while loop

Guys, I wrote a program that search for substrings and prints the line starting with the substring to the end of the line. I need to add a loop that will co...
[1 reply] : A for loop would be easier to use to traverse an array. (by IceThatJaw)
by esum
passing strings to functions

When passing a string from std::string into a function, do you have to reference the address? Which is correct: string foo(string my_string) { return m...
[1 reply] : Passing without the & makes a copy of the variable. Passing with the &... (by IceThatJaw)
by KS05
How would you handle this question?

Hello, I am going over practice questions for my final exam for an intro c++ class that I am taking. The one question is: Write a function named prcoessArra...
[2 replies] Last: This might be easier to read than wjee's. void foo(double* arr, do... (by IceThatJaw)
Overriding<< operator

Hi i am new to C++ and i am working on a project where i override the output operater << using a friend method i know how to do this for a regular output where ...
[2 replies] Last: Even better than making that a friend would be to have getter methods ... (by IceThatJaw)
would this work?

#define music "<C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\My Documents\My Music>" or would that just make it a string if it would then how would i access these types of...
[2 replies] Last: Well i wan't to accwsese a ceirtan music file but then i would have to... (by joshrocks)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 1920212223... 47
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.