Beginners - December 2011 (Page 14)

Something's wrong with this program (else if)

So I felt like trying to do some practice problem programs to practice what I've learned so far in C++ (which is very little). I tried to do one that you en...
[3 replies] Last: it works perfectly now thanks! (by Apple Cider)
How do I Fix this??

#include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main() { string filename,in...
[5 replies] Last: if you are making fun of me catfish let me rephrase use c++ syntax (by Aramil of Elixia)
by mj1709
saving scree using video memry

#include<dos.h> #include<conio.h> #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> void write2screen(int row,int column,char c,int attb); void writestring(int row,int...
[8 replies] Last: all kind gurus of programming, please help this out??????? (by mj1709)
by Ivoa70
Load, show and convert multiple images

Hi there, I'm starting to write my first program in C++ with OpenCV and I would like to represent a set of images (stored in my project and libelled "brain_mri...
[5 replies] Last: only the first image : " brain_mri_1.jpg " appears. That's because y... (by ne555)
C++ Language Tutorial in epub format

I was wondering if the site could release the C++ Language Tutorial in epub format for better reading on an ebook reader like a Kobo or something
[no replies]
by b01g
keeping zero after floating point

Hi all, Let's say I have: double hour = 3.00; cout << 1.20 + 3.00; It prints 4.2 , but I want 4.20 (with a zero after 2 ). How can this be done...
[5 replies] Last: I think I only half read the original question: the keeping the traili... (by andywestken)
by PopEye
Need Help w/ the itoa Object

Well... I was practicing on my C++ skills and I need some assistance with the itoa object. First of all, here is my code; Side Note : This code is not fini...
[9 replies] Last: @TAZO Thanks man. This method seems to be working properly now. But I... (by PopEye)
Is there any way shorter to do this?

I'm making a tic-tac-toe game, and I'm trying to develop a function that draws the game to the screen, but the amount of if statements just keeps going up, and ...
[4 replies] Last: Dear Lord, there is a much more concise way to write it. I think this ... (by Intrexa)
If String = "something" [HELP]

I receive an error message when creating an if statement asking for a specific string of text. Can someone please help me out. Sorry for the stupid question. ...
[7 replies] Last: ResidentBiscuit, cin.clear() just clears the error flags. It doesn't c... (by Peter87)
OOP with file I/O

The project is to take code like 2 Chrysafis Vogiatzis 90 90 80 100 90 100 89 92.5 82 Abrar Polani 100 100 100 100 100 100 96 98 93 and turn it into ...
[3 replies] Last: System("pause") is inefficient, and is a big security risk. There's so... (by ResidentBiscuit)
i need a quick help plz..(Hash class)

im writing a HW a bout universal hashing H=((ak+b)%p)%n) with chaining but i got a lot of errors & it's making me crazy plz help me to solve errors #inclu...
[14 replies] Last: i fixed it in another way thx sooooooooo much TAZO :) (by eng soso)
Allegro Error: 'Bool' undeclared (HELP)

I'm following a tutorial on how too initialize Allegro for a simple game. but i'm receiving error messages on line 12. Can someone please help me out. Er...
[3 replies] Last: EDIT: Im compiling in C++, I just checked Just how sure are you? b... (by Moschops)
reading from a .txt file and writing to another one at the same time

Long title :D ?? I have this question and I am really not sure what to do. the question has 2 parts I solved the first part which wants me to do the followi...
[3 replies] Last: thanks tfityo and vrnichol ! tfityo That solved the problem ! :) I t... (by EnGxSoLiD)
by xman88
NFC SDK

Hi, I am quite new in C++ and recently, I would like to play around NFC so I download a free SDK here for personal testing. http://www.sony.net/Products/fel...
[no replies]
sum, mean, largest, second largest number for an unknown number of integers (what is wrong??)

I'll write a program that asks the user for an (unknown) number of integers(positive and negative) and print mean and the sum of them. series should end with '0...
[7 replies] Last: Right now? thnk it works 0.o #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostr... (by trialanderror)
write array to file in a nice order

Hello everyone I want to write an array to file like this 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 5 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 4 ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so very much :D (by Fantasy)
by mj1709
drawing graph..

#include<graphics.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <conio.h> int main(void) { /* request auto detection */ int gdriver = DETE...
[1 reply] : got it ...we required to specify the location....of the BGI folder con... (by mj1709)
by arooj
I need help with a program using a repetition structure which displays a pattern of asterisks.

Here is what the program requires: Complete the program by entering the instructions to display the following pattern of asterisks (9 asterisks, 8 asterisks,...
[3 replies] Last: Another simple explanation that may help is to read for loops more lik... (by moorecm)
by TV5
simple question !!

hii everybody simple question ... how could i force the user to input 5 digits ONLY like if the user enter 123456 error message will appear and ask him to...
[6 replies] Last: In order to exclude all cases where user input some invalid input (lik... (by eypros)
by Kero
File analyzing.

Hi, i want to create a program that read a file and count how many word "cpp" in the file.. for example //this in file 'Sample.dat' cpp is the a test w...
[2 replies] Last: silly mistake, i use ' instead of " :P thanks (by Kero)
December 2011 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 47
  Archived months: [nov2011] [jan2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.