Beginners - August 2015 (Page 23)

!!!Help!!!Basic data structure Q.

Suppose that p is an int* variable. Write several lines of code that will make p point to an array of 100 integers, place the numbers 0 through 99 into the arra...
[9 replies] Last: You might encounter terms allocate and deallocate too. Dynamicall... (by keskiverto)
need help with recursion

hello everyone , I've been trying to implement some sort of code based on recursion and since I have serious issues with recursion i couldn't make it happen so ...
[no replies]
Adding spaces at end of every record in a file except the last two records

Hi friends, I am reading records from an external file to process them, but before processing them i need to make all records (except the last four) of equal le...
[2 replies] Last: Entire data then moves to a string for processing. Cannot be "huge" ... (by keskiverto)
Operator << in i/o streams

Today I met some difficulty in operator << when learning the Standard Library, as follows. Operator << is evaluated from left to right,so the expression s...
[1 reply] : Order of evaluation: Order of evaluation of the operands of almost al... (by JLBorges)
diamond

Good day Experts and Professionals :) I would like to ask help how to make a diamond like this. What is the possible code? * * * * *...
[8 replies] Last: Or using just one loop: #include <iostream> #include <string> #includ... (by CodeWriter)
Modulus operator question

I am trying to see if all the numbers below 1000 are divisible by 3 or 5, however when I execute the program, it just sits there and blinks at me and nothing is...
[4 replies] Last: hahahaha I totally noticed that after I posted it xD (by Outlaw782)
Alternative to ctime

Whenever I call ctime, I get the following error Error 1 error C4996: 'ctime': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using ctime_s instead. To d...
[18 replies] Last: I yield. [I was wrong.] (by Duthomhas)
If Statement Help

Hey guys, complete noob here. I need help with figuring out how to get an if statement to check all values up to a specific number. I have a Horizontal Co...
[12 replies] Last: So now I'm having a completely different issue. I don't know if the sa... (by oobilator)
issue with using names variables rather than numbers...

I wrote my program to help people assign service tickets out to techs in my IT department at work. The IT manager would rather have it work off the names rather...
[8 replies] Last: Worked like a charm guys. Thanks for all the good ideas to get me out ... (by ironsoldier71)
About recursion palindrome

In my function palindrome, i just successful to compare 1st char and last char only.. How do i compare the second char which is(A) and second last char which i...
[1 reply] : You never actually make a recursive call. To be recursive, palindrome ... (by AbstractionAnon)
e^x function

hi plz help with my homework,I have to write a program that gave me an answer: x-((x^3)/3!)+((x^5)/5!)-... here's my code. my actual problem is idk how to write...
[2 replies] Last: You're incrementing n by 2 each time, but your code is written assumin... (by helios)
Using Iterators to find the union of two vectors

So this code is suppposed to find the vector between two vectors that a user inputs. The program builds just fine, but when I run the program, it gets stuck on ...
[2 replies] Last: Do you mean union as in set unions (math concept) or just "values wh... (by MiiNiPaa)
by YowHow
Default value of return

If i have this code if(somethingNotRight){ return; } What is it that Im returning? Is it just to terminate the program or the function? im confuse Does it ...
[1 reply] : You don't show the type of the enclosing function. If the the enclos... (by AbstractionAnon)
by JP744
Win32 Async client multithreaded application

Hello, I post here after about 2 days, 6 hours per day of reading many many articles over the internet about multithreading and synchronization. I made major i...
[no replies]
by Kew
Function Wait for an input without blocking the loops?

i am using Mac os X, which running Unix system. i had tried getch() function which can't work in this case. I am wondering is that any method to make the functi...
[no replies]
Pass-By-Value vs. Pass-By-Reference

Could anyone confirm this for me? So, my understanding of pass-by-value is: the value that was passed into the function, and the value within that function w...
[2 replies] Last: One clarification. The OP refers to the value changing (by referenc... (by AbstractionAnon)
by TommyL
What is the point in returning my variable?

So this is my code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int numbers(int a, int b){ int sum = a+b; return sum; } int main() { ...
[2 replies] Last: what is the point in returning "sum." The point is to return the res... (by AbstractionAnon)
C++ Dice Rolling Using Arrays and Functions

Hi there, I'm trying to make a solution for this problem. Can someone please help me in writing this program. Following is the exact question that I found: Writ...
[4 replies] Last: I think you only use srand(time(0)); at the start of your program not... (by CodeWriter)
Is it possible for memory used by my program to remain after it has closed?

I've noticed when I open and close my program multiple times, my ram starts filling up. Up to gigs worth of ram. After restarting my computer and not opening it...
[7 replies] Last: Visual Studio certainly consumes a lot of memory, especially in debug ... (by coder777)
arrays

#include <iostream> #include <conio.h> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; int main () { char ans; do { int i, n, sum; int array ; cout << "E...
[1 reply] : First when you hit the new topic button you will see that the code nee... (by CodeWriter)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 2122232425... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.