Beginners - August 2015 (Page 17)

Issues with Using Classes

I'm trying to piece together a program that simulates a race. There are a few different events that could happen each 'round,' so I have a random number that ne...
[1 reply] : You need to brush up on how to write a class. http://www.cplusplus.co... (by CodeWriter)
by Kew
random generator food in a simple game

I am writing a simple snake game, but there is a bug in the random food generator. The food will don't know somehow, disappear like that even thought i had set ...
[3 replies] Last: OKOK, i got it, problem solved :) tq i should write like this els... (by Kew)
cin.get() function not preventing command prompt closer

Dear Users, I've seen a lot of beginners asking how to prevent the command prompt from closing. Some of the answers are dangerous (i.e. system(pause)) as poi...
[8 replies] Last: @ Duoas & AbstractionAnon & MiiNiPaa Thank you everybody for your f... (by pdavidmontoya)
by Quark
Ambiguity with implicit conversions involving class-type conversions

Hi there, I have a problem understanding how ambiguity is resolved or when it is reported in implicit (i.e. compiler deduced) conversions that involve class-...
[1 reply] : Note that conversion function selection in initialization of function ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Winsu
It doesnt compile

I have got a progra and I'm trying to run it, but It keeps giving me an error, I think it's related with makefile, but I dont know how to fix it...does anyone k...
[14 replies] Last: Tom Knight in http://www.catb.org/esr/jargon/html/koans.html#id3141171... (by keskiverto)
Windows 10

hey, i have windows 10, asus laptop and it keep crashing delphi all time, it is any possibilities to fix that?
[no replies]
Infinite Loop </3

Hi guys. Can you help me? I'm kinda bummed. Tf. Keeps on doing infinite loops. Thanks :) //Write a program that will ask for 3 numbers from the user.Amongst ...
[2 replies] Last: Well, the way you tried finding the biggest, middle and smallest was c... (by sasauke)
by KMagic
Identifier not found error although having declared it in the header file

A simple question, why do I get ['closeglobal':identifier not found] when compiling the program? Thank you. The content of the initglobal.h: #ifnde...
[2 replies] Last: I am a beginner, so this really helps. Thank you. (by KMagic)
Absolute Value Template - I already tried something but it didn't work.

Write a function template that accepts an argument and returns its absolute value. The absolute value of a number is its value with no sign. For example, the ab...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks Duoas (by CJM0929)
Using && in a for loop help

Hello! I'm pretty much a beginner learning C++, I was doing an exercise to reverse a string when I came across a problem in the for loop. The code is: i...
[2 replies] Last: Disch, Thank you very much! Knew it had to be something dumb I was doi... (by mavericknick)
Exponent in Formulas?

How can I declare an exponent? Can you please help me? Thanks guys! :) //Type the average surface temperature for "planet" in Celsius. std::cout << "Type ...
[3 replies] Last: Okaaaay. Thanks man :) (by MechaNismBD)
Having an issue with static cast

I don't understand why the static cast is not working. This is the exact same solution from this site that I'm learning from. Why is it not working? // Quiz P...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind I over looked this, I see what I was missing from the provid... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
Working on rand loop and when I run it results don't match

OK, so I am just working on making a trivia game and trying to get the questions to come up based in random number, I don't get any errors, but when I enter the...
[3 replies] Last: DOH, Codex, I think you are right, I use SQL everyday and forgot about... (by millerizi)
Dont understand what's happening in the blocks

I'm doing a problem I found on this website for practice to understand Local variables, scopes & duration. Write a program that asks the user to enter two in...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys it make sense now! (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
Cannot have cv - qualifier

I'm trying to practice using const. I was taught that I could use const with functions if I don't want them to change, but when I try to use const I get the e...
[2 replies] Last: Why does this error occur? Because there is no sence to have cv-qua... (by MiiNiPaa)
What are constants and enumerations useful for?

I have no code to give you but if you know what a constants and an enumerations is than you can help me. So I was reading this book and it talked about constan...
[7 replies] Last: So enumerations and constants are mostly used for classes? A coupl... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by vjaako
Program to solve a*(1+(b/30))

Hi! I'm absolutely beginner. I learned some variables and tried to write this code to solve the equation a*(1+(b/30)). To me, the problem seems to be that I can...
[6 replies] Last: "Float" did the trick. Thank you very much all of you! (by vjaako)
Asynchronous timer and loops

Hello, i'm just trying to create a sort of asynchronous timer. I've found a code on a website: #include <chrono> #include <iostream> #include <futur...
[7 replies] Last: > To which thread "this_thread" is referring to std::this_thread is... (by JLBorges)
Any intermediate books?

Read everything before commenting. Hello I am a beginner and I recently bought a book called "Beginning C++ Game Programming" and I read about to chapter 3, ...
[5 replies] Last: stackoverflow has a list of C++ books, beginner, intermediate and adva... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
[Challenge] Container Template Class Improvement

Hi, (Read the post before looking at the code) This is the code: https://gist.github.com/rcktscnc/19990f51b9c14f292b75 I came up with the idea of writing...
[3 replies] Last: First of all something I forgot to tell in my previous post: Consider ... (by MiiNiPaa)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 1516171819... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.