Beginners - August 2015 (Page 14)

STL Hash Table Questions

I have a quick question about hash tables (unordered associative containers) in the STL. Why are hash table specific APIs provided? like the load_factor() fun...
[3 replies] Last: Well the STL does not really allow "handling" of collisions, but you c... (by kevinkjt2000)
Please help me out!

I am currently looking at http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/constants/ My question is about [Typed constant expressions] The example chart inserted 'c...
[2 replies] Last: The difference is the scope. Lets say this for example // the is t... (by ChajusSaib)
What does this mean?

In the calculate function inside the switch why is there a return 0; after the defualt output? #include <iostream> int calculate(int x, int y, char op) ...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you guys for responding back! :) (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
by DannyL
SFML & codeblocks help?!

So I was told sfml was a good way to start creating 2d windows and graphics in c++, however I am running into a problem on installation and set-up. I have follo...
[12 replies] Last: yeah, I have no idea what is going on, every-time i boot up codeblock... (by Yanson)
Dynamic Arrays (1 and 2D)

I am so confused about this concept. Can someone please explain to me (in complete idiot terms) how to 1. Declare a dynamic array 2. Declare a multidimensi...
[2 replies] Last: Also useful: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/936687/how-do-i-declar... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Compiler finds no errors but doesn't compile?

Hello everyone! I am trying to make a program that can take input from the user (me) about my MTG (magic the gathering) cards and output the text to a text file...
[8 replies] Last: Update: Thanks to all of your advice, I was able to get the program wo... (by NerdMan)
How to put an array

I'm having trouble to my confirmation page, the user should see his/her prevouse order every time my program loop. any help is greatly appreciated ty #in...
[1 reply] : Program worked OK for me. (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by kretin
Help with keylogger

Hey guys, how in the heck can I program it to send the log file in an email to me? Thanks a billion #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> usin...
[5 replies] Last: not a virus as it wouldnt be able to replicate itself, but rather a ke... (by kretin)
by Winsu
Array template

I have a big question unresolved. I have a type called bool_l4v with his own method(functions,operator overloaded...), and I have declared an array using arr...
[2 replies] Last: thank you!!!, I though that It had already a operator == but I was not... (by Winsu)
by DannyL
How to create basic graphics in c++?

So I am fairly new to c++ and have got a grip of the basics of the language, enough to make some pretty simple number guessing games and interactive text advent...
[8 replies] Last: Shadowmouse, you wouldnt mind taking a look at this thread for me woul... (by DannyL)
by Kman
I can't find the unresolved external my compiler keeps finding.

I'm trying to code a program where you "run" a video game company, but it's not even letting me display the menu to the user. I just started it, so there's not ...
[1 reply] : You do not have global function called showMenu() . Lines 9 and 10 do... (by MiiNiPaa)
Linked List Beginner

Day 1 learning about linked lists. I am following an example in the textbook, and the following code compiles fine. When I go to run, however it forces the .e...
[7 replies] Last: I will do that. Thanks. (by sobrio35)
Read inside Network Card

Dear All, I would like to know if it's possible to read inside a Mac Card of a machine connected in a network. I would like to enter in the Network Card ...
[3 replies] Last: try arp -a <IP> in command shell. If that works, good for you. If no... (by MiiNiPaa)
Why is this crashing both CodeBlocks and VisualStudio?

It keeps giving me a runtime error. #include<iostream> #include<vector> #include<string> #include <cstring> using namespace std; int main() { in...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you! (by Niscuit)
Ternary and Modulus Operator Confusion

I've been playing around with the code below in order to try to accurately predict its output, but what I'm receiving is the total opposite of what I'd expect s...
[2 replies] Last: Wow! I never would have guessed that. I wish the books I've been read... (by Inquisitor01)
Read variable multiple words between numbers into single string

Hi Everyone, My task is to read some data in .txt file, like this as example. "11 03 AC 78 cplusplus is the best 4595890 5677... 83 G 450 A My topics 2344879 ...
[8 replies] Last: > Can we make this without iostream library? Yes, we can; but should ... (by JLBorges)
Easiest way to do source control with a friend or two?

I want to be able to create software with a few friends. Is github the best solution? Is there any other options? We're using VS 2013.
[1 reply] : Well... There's Bitbucket. It's free for up to five users and you get ... (by helios)
Where to put Functions in Code

Newbie Here, I am trying to figure out if matters where we put the functions for our code, if I put above main(), then I don't have to call them out, if I put ...
[8 replies] Last: It doesn't make a difference to the compiler. What it's really about i... (by dhayden)
Good book for learning C++

I have some basic level of knowledge in C++ with structures, classes, linked lists, arrays, stacks etc. I would now like a book to go forward. Till now I used t...
[3 replies] Last: For now Visual Studio is has second best Standard conforming compiler ... (by MiiNiPaa)
by Marion
if else statement help

I keep getting '2' whatever character I input. Can someone please explain why is that and also how to change it to make it work. Thanks. #include <iostr...
[3 replies] Last: I'm using an online compiler since my pc had to be reformatted and I w... (by Marion)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 1213141516... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.