Beginners - August 2015 (Page 12)

Need help with references in functions

I am using SFML to make a small Pokemon style RPG(With a very creative name: Pokamon) In this program I am trying to make a function that sets a Text object's p...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you so much, I was so convinced it was the reference that was br... (by jdm1891)
Newbie needing help!

Hi! I tried writing this program and when I built and run the program it works fine once, but if I press 1 at the end of the program to start again the prog...
[2 replies] Last: Also read this in-depth explanation (although no one I posted it to ac... (by MiiNiPaa)
Functionality based on Object Construction

When instantiating a class object, is it possible to add functions to it based on how it's constructed? For example, say I have a Player class and I create...
[15 replies] Last: Also you can use dynamic_cast with reference types. It has slightly d... (by MiiNiPaa)
A career as a software engineer

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if this ins't the right place to ask this question. Well, let's get started with a brief introduction. I'm a high schoo...
[3 replies] Last: I think you'll find that a computer science degree will be more useful... (by dhayden)
Please help with drawing lines and arcs

Please look at the image here... http://chlpro.com/drawing.jpg I am working on an algorithm that will take the center point locations and diameters of a s...
[1 reply] : You may use a 2d grahpic library: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/... (by coder777)
PROJECT of ROLL in/ ROll out

How Can I call back the int main()?? if i choose 0. how it will go back to int main?? pls help #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> #include<fstream> #include...
[3 replies] Last: It is ok now (by kimrobert)
Sending APDU commands

Hello, I have an NFC scanner (ACS ACR122u) and I would like to build an application with it so I can send data to an MiFare Classic 4K card. I found this API...
[no replies]
Reference through classes?

I am entering a string for the class. How do I get set the values for that string permanently? For example, I want to set it like how I would through references...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=AbstractionAnon]BTW: I would not use static for this. [quote=d... (by kevinkjt2000)
by mykds
Problem after using freopen

Hey guys, got a prob using the following code: cout << "Sorted by Input:" << endl << endl; SortData(spdata1, sptime, length); Swapdata(spdata1, sptime, l...
[5 replies] Last: Use something like boost::tee_device. It is stream adaptor which allow... (by MiiNiPaa)
booleans and evaluation order

Hi, I am new to C and C++. int main() { int a = -1, b = 1, c = 1, d = 0, e = 2, f = 2; int z = f-- && e++ && d++ && c-- || b++ || a++; cout << a << b <<...
[3 replies] Last: will be evaluated (from left to right) to give false Yes. And it wil... (by MiiNiPaa)
by saphix
I'm new and I dont know why my input wont work?

Write your question here. //Test for input #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int i; int a; cout << "Hello Brandon,...
[6 replies] Last: Never mind I realized I had a colon and not a semi-colon :S this may t... (by saphix)
by AVM8
Binary Search Tree

My question is, can we use class to implement binary search tree? Because in most of the website, i have found that most of them using struct. I just need to kn...
[2 replies] Last: AbstractionAnon Thank you very much. Much appreciated. ... (by AVM8)
Problem Statement

Write your question here.A Hypermarket pays its Employee on work-hours basis and by category as shown below,.the Hypermarket pays "straight-time" for the first4...
[1 reply] : This is a help forum. We will guide you and answer questions, but not... (by kevinkjt2000)
by KMagic
Reference variable

There is a small point that I don't really understand about reference variable. For example, if we declare b as a reference to a, how many bytes does the progra...
[1 reply] : Answer: you should not care. C++ provides references as abstraction an... (by MiiNiPaa)
How to add libraries to autocomplete in C::B

So i recently installed openCV, and it works, but nothing connected to the library is available for autocomplete. this not only makes programming slower, but i...
[3 replies] Last: thank you, that worked (by DAoliHVAR)
How would you reqiret the following statement using the structure pointer operator: *(*(strPtr).num = 10

I've never seen this in my book so I'm confused to what it means and how to rewrite it.
[2 replies] Last: In addition to that, what is the type of the variable strPtr ? Poin... (by keskiverto)
Need help with game loop (screenshot included)

Hi! I've been working on overall design of a game loop and I've gotten most of information from here: http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com/game-loop.html I'm usi...
[9 replies] Last: Wow, thank you, Cire. Doing your last example didn't make any differen... (by kong288)
iostream

when or why should i use iostream library!?
[18 replies] Last: nchambers std::printf is the C function imported to the C++ standard... (by nchambers)
Using Int vs. String in Seating assignment program

I'm designing a small seating arrangement program that allows people to assign themselves to seats. The ROOM.h class knows the quantity of seats in a room as we...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you @ChajusSaib and @CodeWriter! I started with numbers but came... (by jrich1982)
Can't exit of of while loop

In the code below I have 3 while loops and I was to use the letter "q" to exit the loop. When testing out the first while loop, I am able to exit the loop fine...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks for the help. (by Extreme112)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 1011121314... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.