Beginners - August 2015 (Page 11)

Variable not been incremented

Here my code for my basic program //First crappy program by Harry with C++ //Need to make the array more dynamic possibly... #include "stdafx.h"; //...
[12 replies] Last: Finally a lucrative and popular support forum, thanks guys, I hope to ... (by RecursiveCoder)
compile and run time

Hi, can someone make me clear what exactly happens at compile time and run time? For e.g.. when we say cout<< "enter a variable"; cin>>var; what happens a...
[1 reply] : Compile time means at the time when the program is being compiled, i... (by Peter87)
A question that might not be proper here though.

This is not a direct question about C++ but I got no place to ask it but just here, guys. I will delete the post if you guys don't like it here. I just set u...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you I found it ! (by kevinkim)
Cant catch out_of_range

So Im learning "exceptions" and heres my code int main(){ cout << "\n"; try{ vector<int> v; for (int x; cin >> x; ) ...
[2 replies] Last: Have you read the vector::operator reference page? http://www.cpluspl... (by AbstractionAnon)
Get a random number from a list of non contiguos number?

Hello, assuming i have a series of number as follow {1, 2, 4, 9, 100, 500} how can i get a random number of the above? thank you
[7 replies] Last: It' works, sorry, my mistake. I used only a range of two and for coinc... (by Amiplus)
by Dazzer
endl not working for me!

********NOOB ALERT!******** Howdy folks, just a few days into my C++ journey! I don't seem able to add line breaks, anyone know what i'm doing wrong?! ...
[8 replies] Last: Thanks for the replys / information, this is gonna be a long road but ... (by Dazzer)
using namespace std reasons for avoing

I know fundamentally that declaring using namespace std is generally considered bad form, and i get that it is to do with personnel namespaces, but can anyon...
[6 replies] Last: if the same name is declared in an enclosing scope, the name in the n... (by MiiNiPaa)
Hello World - differences between Visual Studio and NotePad++

Write your question here. // Visual Studio - It works perfectly. #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hello World" << std::endl; return...
[3 replies] Last: Notepad++ is not a compiler ;) (by LB)
Using Gurobi in C++

First of all I am a complete newbie to C++, so if you know the answer please be patient with me ;). Here my problem: I wanna solve an IP with Gurobi in a C++ C...
[1 reply] : Nobody??? If you need more parts of the code or anything just let me k... (by Djangoline)
Difference this.a & this->a

Hey guys! In a function definition there is the possibility to class Class { private: int a; public: Class(int); } Class::Class(i...
[1 reply] : > So why does both work? or at least compile? this.a = num; does no... (by JLBorges)
POLYNOMIAL CLASS, C++

I NEED HELP WITH THIS CODE, I NEED TO DO THE METHOD SUM POLYNIMIAL, AND IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHY THE METHOD CALLED ORDENAPOLINOMIO(), DOESN'T WORK WELL IN T...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/171611/#msg854487 Polinomio::o... (by helios)
about problem

need help on my program currently,btw i can't post my code here due to avoid plagarism,anyon can help me?
[1 reply] : Do not cross-post. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/171843/ (by helios)
by emlynw
explain .find

I am trying to say that if a sentence contains the right word it will print "correct", so for example a user could say "the fibonacci series" or "the fibonacci ...
[1 reply] : Did you read the reference page for string::find? http://www.cplusplus... (by AbstractionAnon)
by KMagic
Classname variable and classname variable()

Say we have a class named Base. What is the difference between the two declarations below? Thank you Base b; Base b();
[4 replies] Last: There is no prototype section. YOu can declare function practically an... (by MiiNiPaa)
by scsi
sorting numbers

Hello all, Is there any way to sort five inputed numbers by user in ascending/descending order, not using five differenf for loops and if statements for each...
[4 replies] Last: I see you decided to use bubble sort instead. ( https://en.wikipedia.o... (by m4ster r0shi)
by fa123
Please help with fstream function

The code will not open the file and receive the ID numbers. What am i doing wrong? My assignment is to get the ID numbers from a file and find the hours they w...
[3 replies] Last: Never-mind, now I understood what you meant. I fixed it -- Thank you f... (by fa123)
Question over this code! (Please.)

Hi I want to make sure the code is correct and my explanation is correct. Thanks guys! /* Solution from learncpp.com * Invert the nested loops example so i...
[4 replies] Last: I have examined the output, I just wasn't sure if I was explaining it ... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
by mave
Linux API Manual

Hi, Is there a resource/book where we can find Linux APIs with explanation on the lines of MSDN or docs.oracle for Java. I am developing an application a...
[1 reply] : man (by ne555)
Need help!!

When trying to debug my game I consistently get this error and with being quite a noob to Allegro and c++ I don't really have much knowledge to figure out a sol...
[1 reply] : I don't see those lines in the code that you've provided. Also, it's u... (by ne555)
Postfix increment issue in program! (Help.)

I'm having a hard time understanding postfix increment in this while loop. I know prefix increment such as ++x for example . . . x= 4 y= ++x here the x...
[4 replies] Last: This was a great demonstration, thanks. I understand now, for the pre... (by closed account yR9wb7Xj)
August 2015 Pages: 1... 910111213... 28
  Archived months: [jul2015] [sep2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.