Beginners - April 2018 (Page 9)

RNG Help

When i choose an amount of players ranging from 3-5 (only have 2-5 as of now) the numbers that are outputed are suppose to be random and come out the same 99....
[1 reply] : When you find yourself creating a bunch of numbered variables you shou... (by tpb)
Program not giving wanted results

Hello, I'm having some trouble with this program that returns what day is attached to the entered date. I understand the problem, but for some reason, it alw...
[2 replies] Last: Your isLeapYear function is returning "year" at the end instead of fal... (by tpb)
Switch Statement, Repeat Prev Code.

I am very new to C++ and I was working on making a extremely basic calculator. Although there is one thing I cant figure out. Lets say a user puts "1" into t...
[8 replies] Last: As someone who is new to coding its amazing seeing that one simple thi... (by ggxgank)
Problems with pointers

Here's a code and there are 3 problems and additions and/or modifications I have to do in order for this code to run, can anyone help, please? #includ...
[2 replies] Last: thanks!! (by fluy619)
Pointers,Multidimensional arrays

Write your question here. double matA ={{3,2,4},{3,3,4},{6,5,9}}; myTriplet x(matA,3); (The class has this constructor method list) myTri...
[1 reply] : well double** arr is a pointer to a pointer of type double while ma... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by Arooom
Error C2144 and error C4430

First of all I realise that there are a number of posts about this error and they all describe how there is usually a semicolon missing before the error mention...
[9 replies] Last: Hello Arooom, I saw the other posts after I finished mine. Sorry, I... (by Handy Andy)
Using pointer in function. Error int *width, int *height.

Hi! I would like to know whats the problem of my code. It can't read *width and *height Thank youuu. #include <iostream> using namespace std; void ge...
[5 replies] Last: You also tried to use two uninitialized pointers and expected data to ... (by tpb)
Array Filling Function

How do you make a function that fills an array from its parameters and then puts those values back in the original array that was sent to the function? *Not a...
[5 replies] Last: consider memcpy(result, original, sizeinbytestomove); or std::copy th... (by jonnin)
by gdz98
Random group of numbers: highest, smallest, and average value

Hi guys, is there anyone here who could help me with this one? I m basically creating a program which prints out 50 random numbers from 0 to 100. then it has t...
[4 replies] Last: Hi FurryGuy thanks a lot for your time, but I forgot to tell you that ... (by gdz98)
highest to lowest

im new to c++ and i am having a bit of trouble in finding lowest value. the lowest value is always returning 1 or -1 sometimes. i appreciate any help, thank you...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <limits> int main() { const int maxS... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by drs135
Modifiable value error

I am trying to get my vertex to read from a file but it keeps giving me an error. I get an expression must be a modifiable lvalue for indexedVertices. boo...
[1 reply] : How is indexedVertices declared? (by Peter87)
Using SetText and GetText()... what am I doing wrong??

I am attempting to write some code that will take an input secret message and decode it by taking the character - 3, displaying the message in the output. I be...
[2 replies] Last: I believe the rest of my code is okay I’m afraid the rest of your ... (by Enoizat)
How to compile a complex program with just text-editor and compiler (GCC)

I can compile a simple program which has few cpp files, header files. But I don't know how to compile a bigger program with many things else such as: static lib...
[4 replies] Last: My program need to add GLFW [...] to the code. [...] So it wonders me... (by Enoizat)
by user42
c++ integer exercises

I am a beginner in c++ and wanted to learn some tips and tricks with working on digits and numbers. for example to get the last digit of a number we do number%1...
[1 reply] : Please don't post duplicates. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/... (by kbw)
for-loop (problem)

// Enoizat, // Let me just "refactor" your source code a bit ^_^ #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int const whatIsThisValue = ...
[2 replies] Last: Please, samtheman, don't duplicate posts: http://www.cplusplus.com/for... (by Enoizat)
for loop

// FOR-LOOP.CPP // ADD & TOTAL-UP NUMBERS PROGRAM: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { // start brace int a; int b; int c; for(int a=1;a<=3;a+...
[4 replies] Last: [quote=punksheep]Enoizat, Let me just "refactor" your source code a bi... (by Enoizat)
Adding Arrays

I have two arrays: array1 and array2. I would like array1 to equal array1 plus array2. Below is the code I have so far, but I know I am really off. #include ...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much, that really helped! (by mikaylaelena)
by Dvx70
An Open Oriented C++ Graphical Library

Hello World, I am looking for an exclusively Open Oriented Graphical Library for C++ programming and I have found someone, for example OpenGl and GTK+, but t...
[4 replies] Last: Hello Ganado... Just an Object Oriented paradigma programming graphica... (by Dvx70)
Leap year function errors

Hello, I'm receiving multiple errors after creating a fn. to return if a year is a leap year or not. Getting errors such as: 'isLeapYear' function does n...
[5 replies] Last: @FurryGuy, That's true. Yours shows him how to get his original idea w... (by tpb)
Debugging code

The base of this code was provided by my professor and he simply said to debug the program. I have made many changes already so this is not the original code pr...
[8 replies] Last: It should have 4 corners, not just 3 like it does when this is posted... (by mbozzi)
April 2018 Pages: 1... 7891011... 25
  Archived months: [mar2018] [may2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.