Beginners - April 2018 (Page 2)

Code Doesn't work

Problem was basically to output 2^n for any inputted integer n. I cannot see why my code doesn't work. It keeps outputting 2. #include <iostream> using...
[1 reply] : Hello fat person, you are doing what's known as shadowing a variable... (by Ganado)
for loop: to draw a square a box

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int a; int b; int c; int main() { for(c=0;c<=5;c++) cout << " \t***" << endl; for(a=0;a<=5;...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags when you want to post something formatted. Ex: [ ... (by Ganado)
by vcref
Runtime error sum of fractions

I have to sum two fractions and simplificate them. It works for some cases, but the system gives me a "Runtime error" when I submit. Any help? #include ...
[6 replies] Last: ... (by vcref)
calculation error

Write your question here. #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int a, b, c; cout << "enter"<<endl; cin >> a >> b >> c; ...
[3 replies] Last: It does display something, or not display something, depending on the ... (by zaphraud)
Fixing memory leak

I'm having trouble fixing a memory leak in my code. Based on using valgrind, the memory leak is occurring on line 6 in the Student constructor, but I'm not sure...
[8 replies] Last: Thank you for all the help. I was able to fix the memory leaks. (by qwerty123456)
Rotating square matrix many times!

Hello everyone! Here I have a code that rotates the square matrix clokcwise and I am trying to do that I can rotate it k times (k is inputed by the user). I tri...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <vector> using namesp... (by lastchance)
splitting input from cin

#include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cctype> using std::string; using std::vector; using std::cin; using std::cout; using std::endl; ...
[2 replies] Last: I get it now, thank you so much tpb (by alfie nsugh)
Subtracting two doubles gives an odd result

Hi I've run the following code: double d = 342.389; double d_d = d - floor( d); //whats the decimal value i.e. 0.389 double n1 = d_d * 1000;...
[3 replies] Last: You can use an epsilon value. bool almost_equal(double a, double b,... (by Ganado)
Having Trouble Reading a text file and assigning data to different variables/arrays

I'm Sorry for the huge message, I figured It would make it easier to understand if you actually saw the assignment. I am only having difficulty with one specifi...
[7 replies] Last: I cannot Thank You enough for your help. Learning Coding has been quit... (by Mjimmie1)
multiplication of matrices using vectors

i am trying to multiply 2 matrices (src) & (src_trans) by passing matrices(2d vectors) to the function. the output is showing only 0's in the product of these ...
[1 reply] : Hints: #include <iostream> #include <vector> constexpr unsigned ROW... (by Enoizat)
C++ bandwidth with functions

Hi guys, I made-up this program with no intended purpose. However, I noticed that setting a band width (setw(2)) doesn't work with functions. Any idea why this ...
[1 reply] : doesn't work “doesn't work” isn’t a good description of an iss... (by Enoizat)
How to write the sum of counter[i] using for loops.

Im a newbie. And i want to know how can i add up the sum of array using a for loop and stop until a number. E.g. i want to add up these counter until a number,...
[5 replies] Last: //So if i input let say 15 alphabet, the middle one is 8. this could... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Theater Ticket Sales Project

When i run the program it runs into an error when displaying. mostly in the seatarrArrangment fuction and it displays odd characters other than the ones in the ...
[1 reply] : whenever you open a file it is your obligation to check if that file o... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
by hanes
Running only if statement, but not else

For some reason when I input 'y' it runs the if statement as intended but when I input something else, to trigger the else statement it runs the if statement in...
[2 replies] Last: Ah, can't believe I overlooked me using the assignment operator there,... (by hanes)
Random Maze Generate

can you help me with this function? it's not working. looping infinitely. void Maze::generate(){ int width = 30; int height = 30; string str = ""; t...
[5 replies] Last: Can you show the complete code we I can run it. (by Thomas1965)
Rounding Issue, Radian Angles and Distance

Noob Here. I have a problem where I have to round my outputs to 4 decimal places and I'm getting weird return values. I'm using this with all variables being ...
[2 replies] Last: For your angle function use the two-parameter function atan2( y2, x2 )... (by lastchance)
Program crash

Hi there, I'm having trouble with my code. The program is supposed to take in a file and read in the values, the students names and their grades. However, the p...
[5 replies] Last: Hello Drake5006, While testing the program I realized line 31. whi... (by Handy Andy)
help with function

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/smallest-difference-pair-values-two-unsorted-arrays/ i have to make an assignment similar to this using recursive and vector and i...
[1 reply] : Seeing as you are using vectors, I would look into std::sort (...) : ... (by VX0726)
Please help

Ok, so I've got a lil' two player word guessing game where the first player enters a 5 letter word into the program and then the second player attempts to figur...
[1 reply] : The way I see it, you could store all of the guesses in the vector. Th... (by VX0726)
[C++] function pointers

Hi, I have a namespaced function inside a shared library: void foo::Bar() {}; If the code inside the shared library stores this function's address ...
[1 reply] : Yes. The loader loads code into the processes address space, and it's... (by kbw)
April 2018 Pages: 1234... 25
  Archived months: [mar2018] [may2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.